- 52 min ago Hero Super Splendor BS6 Models Launched In India Starting At Rs 67,300, Ex-Showroom, Delhi
- 21 hrs ago 2020 TVS Apache RR310 BS6 (First Ride) Review: Crafted To Be More Invisible Than Before
- 24 hrs ago New Hyundai Grand i10 NIOS Turbo-Petrol Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 7.68 Lakh
- 24 hrs ago Hyundai i20 2020 Models Interiors Revealed Ahead Of India Launch: Details And Expected Features
- Movies Hit Full Movie In High-Quality Print Leaked Online On Tamilrockers
- Sports New Zealand vs India, 2nd Test: Ishant Sharma may miss out, Umesh, in contention
- Finance 3 Reasons Why Gold Prices May Rise Further In Near Term
- Technology Akamai India Gaming Conclave: Cloud Gaming Likely To Hit Tipping Point In Next Few Years
- News Rs 5 lakh crore investor wealth gone in minutes as Sensex plunges 1,100 points
- Lifestyle Priyanka Chopra Jonas' Latest Cover Shoot Is About Bold Leopard Print And Light Makeup
- Travel Least Polluted Cities In India
- Education Top 20 Universities In Emerging Economies University Rankings 2020
Maruti Suzuki is all set to introduce the WagonR electric in the Indian market. The Maruti WagonR electric has been spotted testing in the Indian market on a number of occasions, with an expected public debut at the upcoming 2020 Auto Expo.
However, ahead of its unveiling at the event, 91wheels has released a spy video showcasing the interiors of the electric WagonR for the first time.
The video showcases the Indian-spec Maruti WagonR electric model featuring a large central infotainment screen. The car can also be seen with the letters ‘B' and ‘D' written next to the gear levers; most probably indicating the drive modes on the electric hatchback.
The dashboard is, for the most part, camouflaged, however, the vertical AC vents next to the centre console and the round vents at either end can be seen. Both AC vents come with silver highlights surrounding them as well. Below the infotainment screen, another small display for the climate control functions can also be seen.
Apart from the interiors, the spy video also showcases a slight bit of the exteriors as well. This includes the easily recognisable alloy wheel design, borrowed from the Ignis. The front fascia is completely covered while the rear does reveal a slight bit of the vertically-stacked tail lights, along with the rear window wiper and defogger.
Last year, the company had deployed 50 test mules of the WagonR electric in the Indian market. This was to allow the upcoming electric hatchback to become suitable for the Indian driving conditions. However, the test mules deployed a year ago were Japanese-spec models.
Maruti Suzuki is yet to reveal the exact specifications of the WagonR electric in the Indian market. However, they have revealed that the electric hatchback will be able to offer a maximum range of around 200 kilometres on a single charge. The EV will also be offered with both standard and fast-charging technologies as well.
Thoughts On The Maruti WagonR Electric
This is the first time the interiors of the WagonR electric has been caught on camera. The Maruti WagonR electric may not be the first EV in the Indian market, however, with most brands introducing electric SUVs, the WagonR could pioneer the EV hatchback segment in the country.