- 5 hrs ago Tata Motors Deliver 100 Safari SUVs On A Single Day In Delhi-NCR: Here Are All The Details!
- 7 hrs ago 2021 Royal Enfield Himalayan Review: Do The Changes Justify The Price Upgrade?
- 8 hrs ago New Bajaj Platina 100 ES (Electric Start) Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 53,920
- 10 hrs ago 2021 TVS Star City+ Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 68,465
- News Will tour poll-bound states, ask people to defeat BJP: Farmers
- Sports Olympic Council of Asia and AESF introduces the ‘Road to Asian Games’ Campaign for 2022 Asian Games
- Lifestyle Covishield Vs Covaxin: Everything You Need To Know And List Of Vaccination Centres In Major Cities In India
- Movies Happy Birthday Daniel Craig: Here’s A Look At 5 Of His Iconic Roles That Left Us In Awe Of His Charisma
- Education MPSC State Service Admit Card 2021 For Prelims Released
- Technology Realme 8 Pro Confirmed To Pack 108MP Camera: All You Need To Know
- Finance Spectrum Auction: Airtel To Deliver 5G Services In Future
- Travel 10 Best Family-Friendly Destinations To Visit In India In March
Maruti Suzuki is all set to introduce the WagonR electric in the Indian market. The Maruti WagonR electric has been spotted testing in the Indian market on a number of occasions, with an expected public debut at the upcoming 2020 Auto Expo.
However, ahead of its unveiling at the event, 91wheels has released a spy video showcasing the interiors of the electric WagonR for the first time.
The video showcases the Indian-spec Maruti WagonR electric model featuring a large central infotainment screen. The car can also be seen with the letters ‘B' and ‘D' written next to the gear levers; most probably indicating the drive modes on the electric hatchback.
The dashboard is, for the most part, camouflaged, however, the vertical AC vents next to the centre console and the round vents at either end can be seen. Both AC vents come with silver highlights surrounding them as well. Below the infotainment screen, another small display for the climate control functions can also be seen.
Apart from the interiors, the spy video also showcases a slight bit of the exteriors as well. This includes the easily recognisable alloy wheel design, borrowed from the Ignis. The front fascia is completely covered while the rear does reveal a slight bit of the vertically-stacked tail lights, along with the rear window wiper and defogger.
Last year, the company had deployed 50 test mules of the WagonR electric in the Indian market. This was to allow the upcoming electric hatchback to become suitable for the Indian driving conditions. However, the test mules deployed a year ago were Japanese-spec models.
Maruti Suzuki is yet to reveal the exact specifications of the WagonR electric in the Indian market. However, they have revealed that the electric hatchback will be able to offer a maximum range of around 200 kilometres on a single charge. The EV will also be offered with both standard and fast-charging technologies as well.
Thoughts On The Maruti WagonR Electric
This is the first time the interiors of the WagonR electric has been caught on camera. The Maruti WagonR electric may not be the first EV in the Indian market, however, with most brands introducing electric SUVs, the WagonR could pioneer the EV hatchback segment in the country.