- 7 hrs ago Mahindra Thar SUVs Spotted At Dealerships Without Infotainment System: Here Are The Details
- 9 hrs ago Hyundai N-Line Coming To India: New i20 N-Line Hatchback Expected To Go On Sale In Mid-2021
- 11 hrs ago BharatBenz Introduces Eight New CVs To Its Product Lineup: Here Are The Details
- 12 hrs ago Skoda Kushaq Production Prototype Images Released: Here Are All The Details Ahead Of Its World Premiere
- News Give names of perpetrators: Delhi Police issues notice to farmer leader Darshan Pal
- Movies Bigg Boss 14 January 27 Highlights: Nikki Fights Vikas And Devoleena; Arshi Talks To Rahul About Vikas
- Finance Analysts Recommend Avoiding Yes Bank; See Stock Falling Further
- Sports ISL 2020-21: Kerala Blasters FC vs Jamshedpur FC: Unlucky Kerala shares spoils with Jamshedpur
- Education RRB NTPC Admit Card 2021 Phase-3, Check Region-wise Links
- Lifestyle Are Papayas A Healthy Choice For People With Diabetes?
- Travel February 2021: Indian Festivals And Events Guide
- Technology Realme Narzo 30A Gets NBTC, BIS Certifications; Hints India Launch As Well
Maruti Suzuki India Limited (MSIL) is working on an all-electric variant of the WagonR. The upcoming electric hatchback has been spotted testing several times on the Indian roads. The latest spy images from Rushlane showcase a completely camouflaged mule being tested on the streets of Gurugram in Haryana, once again.
The upcoming Maruti Suzuki WagonR Electric is based on a premium ‘XL5' hatchback. However, we expect the upcoming WagonR electric to launch for commercial use and fleet management. It is also likely to be launched in the Indian market sometime next year.
However, not many details of the electric hatchback have been revealed by the company. But we expect the electric WagonR to borrow most of the design cues from its third-generation gasoline-powered sibling. However, we have noticed a few changes that will be made specific to the WagonR electric.
As seen in the spy pics, the vehicle is being tested under heavy wraps, so none of the bodyline, bumpers or creases is visible properly. However, we can tell that the car is running on 15-inch alloy wheels that are seen on the Ignis. It might not be the same at the time of the launch.
Feature-wise, the electric WagonR is expected to get features such as an all-new front facia with a split-headlamp design and a new grille. The (DRL) Daytime Running Lights are placed next to the grille, while the projector headlamps will be placed on the bumpers. A set of fog lamps that will be placed below the main headlamps.
On the inside, the electric hatchback is expected to carry most of its features from the standard model. This includes a touchscreen infotainment display with the brand's latest SmartPlay connectivity, a new steering wheel design with mounted controls, climate control, and a dual-tone interior theme; among others.
The company is yet to reveal the specifications, range and performance of the electric powertrain of the hatchback. However, the electric hatchback is expected to come with both standard and fast-charging capabilities. Other than this, there is no information about the powertrain.
Thoughts About The Electric WagonR
Since a lot of manufacturers are coming up with EVs, Maruti Suzuki is also looking to bank on the growing demand for electric vehicles in India. The Electric WagonR is being extensively tested before its launch, indicating the company is nearing the launch date.