- 4 hrs ago HRC Sign Pol Espargaro For 2021: Alex Marquez Moved To LCR Honda With 2-Year Contract Extension
- 6 hrs ago Kia Sonet World Premiere To Be Held In India Next Month: Here Are All The Details
- 6 hrs ago Honda Introduces ‘Unused Vehicle’ Campaign For Unsold BS4 Two Wheelers
- 11 hrs ago Bajaj Announces Second Price Hike For Select Models After BS6 Update: Here Is The New Price List
- News Trump administration rescinds rule on foreign students
- Movies Mammootty's The Priest: The Team Makes A Major Announcement!
- Sports 30 former South Africa cricketers issue statement supporting Black Lives Matter movement
- Technology OnePlus Nord To Feature 105-Degree Wide-Angle Selfie Camera; Company Confirms
- Lifestyle 9 Effective Home Remedies To Whiten Dark Feet
- Finance Walmart Raises Stake In Flipkart
- Travel 10 Incredible Places To Visit In Rajasthan In July
- Education USA To Withdraw Student Visas If Classes Move Fully Online
Maruti Suzuki was among the first brand's in the country to offer factory-fitted CNG technology. The company offers CNG-powered variants on a number of their popular models, including the WagonR and the Alto.
Maruti recently launched the BS6-compliant version of the WagonR CNG model in the Indian market, back in February 2020. According to Carwale, the popular hatchback has now emerged as the country's most fuel-efficient CNG model.
The Maruti WagonR BS6 CNG model comes powered by an updated version of the same 1.0-litre unit, producing 58bhp and 78Nm of peak torque. This is mated to a five-speed manual gearbox.
The company claims that the BS6 WagonR CNG model returns a fuel efficiency figure of 32.52km/kg (ARAI-Certified). This along with its 8.5kg CNG tank capacity gives it a driving range of 276km.
The same engine on petrol mode returns an ARAI-Certified fuel efficiency of 21.79km/l with a driving range of 697km from its 32-litre fuel tank. The combined driving range of the Maruti WagonR S-CNG model adds up to 973kms.
While the WagonR S-CNG model takes the best mileage figure, its smaller sibling, the Alto comes in second place. The 800cc three-cylinder engine on the Maruti Alto claims to return a fuel efficiency figure of 31.59km/kg when powered by CNG. This gives it a driving range of 269km from its 8.5kg CNG tank.
The same engine in petrol mode, however, the Alto is more fuel-efficient than the WagonR. The petrol-powered 800cc engine on the Maruti Alto returns an ARAI-certified mileage of 22.05km/l, which adds up to a driving range of 772km from its 35-litre fuel tank. Adding the CNG and petrol mileage figures, the Alto S-CNG claims a driving range of over 1000km.
Completing the top-three is the Hyundai Santro. This popular hatchback from the South Korean carmaker is powered by a 1.1-litre engine and claims an ARAI-Certified CNG mileage of 29.50km/kg. The Hyundai Santro CNG model also comes with an 8.5kg CNG tank, delivering a maximum driving range of 251km.
The Hyundai Santro also comes with a 35-litre petrol tank and has a claimed mileage of 20km/l, when running on petrol, this gives it a driving range of 700km. The combined mileage of the Hyundai Santro CNG adds up to 951km (CNG + Petrol).
Thoughts On The Maruti WagonR CNG Mileage Figures Vs Rivals
Maruti Suzuki is known to offer efficient engine options, to attract customers towards its wide range of product offerings. The WagonR is an extremely popular hatchback offering in Maruti Suzuki's range and its CNG model comes with a price tag starting at Rs 5.32 lakh, ex-showroom.