- 3 hrs ago Ather Energy To Enter Delhi Market Soon: The 450X To Be Priced Rs 15,000 Lower
- 6 hrs ago Independence Day: India’s Five Most Iconic Cars Which Changed The Landscape Of The Auto Industry
- 7 hrs ago Kia Sonet Spotted For The First Time Post It's World Premiere: Pics & Details
- 7 hrs ago MG ZS Petrol-Powered SUV Spotted Testing Ahead Of India Launch: Spy Pics & Other Details
- News With record 12,822 fresh cases, Maharashtra COVID tally crosses 5 lakh
- Technology Redmi 9 Prime Next Sale Scheduled On August 17
- Sports Juventus sack Sarri: Pochettino, Zidane and the contenders to take over at the Bianconeri
- Movies Darshan Opens Up About Historical Films And Kurukshetra As It Clocks One Year At The Box Office
- Lifestyle Dia Mirza Or Rakul Preet Singh, Whose Handloom Saree Will You Choose For The Next Formal Event?
- Finance Mukesh Ambani Is Now The World's 4th Richest; Amasses $22 Billion This Year
- Travel 10 Incredible Places To Visit In Odisha In August 2020
- Education Kargil Vijay Diwas Quotes In English For Students
Maruti Suzuki has launched the WagonR S-CNG BS6 model in the Indian market. The new BS6-compliant Maruti WagonR S-CNG is offered at a starting price of Rs 5.25 lakh, ex-showroom (Delhi).
The new Maruti WagonR BS6 CNG is offered in two variants: LXi and LXi (O), with the top-spec model priced at Rs 5.32 lakh, ex-showroom (Delhi). The CNG trims of the Maruti WagonR continues to be powered by the same 1.0-litre three-cylinder petrol engine.
It produces slightly less power and torque figures compared to the regular petrol-powered engine. The CNG-powered Maruti WagonR offers 58bhp at 5500rpm and 78Nm of torque at 3500rpm. The engine is further mated to a five-speed manual gearbox as standard.
Maruti Suzuki claims that the BS6 WagonR CNG offers a fuel-efficiency figure of 32.52km/kg. The CNG model comes with a larger fuel tank capacity of 60-litres.
Shashank Srivastava, Executive Director (Marketing and Sales), Maruti Suzuki India Limited said,
"Maruti Suzuki has consistently endeavoured to offer sustainable mobility options to customers. With the announcement of Mission Green Million, we have strengthened our commitment towards boosting green mobility in the country."
"The third generation Wagon R is hugely successful and continues the iconic journey of brand Wagon R with more than 24 lakh customers. Strong on looks and performance, the new factory-fitted S-CNG variant offers a perfect balance of drivability, high fuel efficiency, enhanced safety and unmatched convenience."
The Maruti WagonR is among the most popular hatchback offerings in the brand's lineup. The tall boy design of the hatchback offers a large cabin, accentuated by the large windows, giving it airy feel inside.
The third-generation Maruti WagonR also debuted the brand's SmartPlay Studio infotainment system. It also comes with a host of features and equipment, making it an extremely attractive package for its price.
Thoughts On The BS6 Maruti WagonR S-CNG India Launch
The Maruti WagonR now comes equipped with a BS6-compliant S-CNG technology. This technology is factory-fitted equipment offered on various other models in the brand's product lineup, ranging from the entry-level Alto to the Ertiga MPV. The Maruti WagonR rivals the likes of the Hyundai Santro in the Indian market.