- 2 hrs ago MG Hector Production Cross 50,000 Units Mark: Milestone SUV Produced By All-Women Crew
- 4 hrs ago Suzuki Burgman Electric Scooter Spied Testing Ahead Of Launch: Spy Pics & Details
- 4 hrs ago Toyota Urban Cruiser Review (Road Test): Is It Different Or Better Than The Vitara Brezza?
- 5 hrs ago Nissan Magnite Bookings Cross 40,000 Units Mark: Production Increased To Meet The Demand
- Sports ISL 2020-21: NorthEast United vs Kerala Blasters: Preview, Team News, Timings, Live Streaming Info
- News Fisherfolk need independent ministry, not just a department: Rahul after PM Modi jibe
- Lifestyle 7 Signs That Will Tell You If He Isn’t Interest In A Second Date With You
- Technology Vivo X60 Receives Indonesia Telecom, BIS Certifications; Launch Expected Soon
- Movies Sushmita Sen Confirms Aarya 2, Says ‘Your Wish Is Our Command'
- Finance NIDHI Company: Things to Know Before Investing
- Education Assam Sericulture Admit Card 2021 Released, Download Grade 4 Hall Ticket At sericulture.assam.gov.in
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Kerala In March 2021
Maruti Suzuki recently launched the Vitara Brezza petrol variant in the Indian market. The 2020 Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza petrol was first showcased at the Auto Expo, held earlier this year. The compact-SUV offering apart from the new BS6-compliant petrol engine also received a minor facelift as well.
Now IAB has released a document which showcases the new Vitara Brezza SUV offered with a smart-hybrid technology. The upcoming version of the Maruti Vitara Brezza will feature the same 1.5-litre petrol engine which will be paired with the brand's smart-hybrid technology. This petrol-hybrid Vitara Brezza will come mated to a five-speed manual gearbox.
Previously, the Maruti Vitara Brezza petrol-hybrid was available with just the optional 4-speed automatic gearbox. However, Maruti will introduce the petrol-hybrid power unit with the manual variants as well.
As per the document, the Maruti Vitara Brezza petrol-hybrid with the manual gearbox will be available in all trims: LXi, VXi, ZXi and ZXi+. The document also reveals the power figures of the petrol-hybrid, which remains unchanged. The 1.5-litre petrol-hybrid engine produces 104bhp and 138Nm of peak torque.
Maruti Suzuki has discontinued the diesel-powertrain from the Vitara Brezza. Currently, the company also has no plans of introducing diesel engines in its lineup. However, depending on the demand they could introduce a diesel powertrain at a later stage.
Maruti Suzuki is currently working on introducing the Jimny in the Indian market. The new India-spec Maruti Suzuki Jimny will come in its five-door avatar and will be sold exclusively through the brand's premium NEXA dealerships.
The India-spec Jimny was also showcased at the Auto Expo 2020, alongside the Vitara Breza facelift. Maruti Suzuki is planning to launch the Jimny either in late-2020 or early-2021. The Jimny has been one of the most-awaited models from the brand in India and is expected to be priced competitively in the market.
Thoughts On The 2020 Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza Petrol Hybrid
The Maruti Vitara Brezza petrol was one of the most anticipated models from the brand. The petrol-hybrid was previously available with just the automatic gearbox, which did dissuade certain buyers. However, now with Maruti set to introduce the manual transmission with the hybrid powertrain, we can expect sales to improve further.