- 5 min ago Tata Gravitas Has Been Spotted Testing Ahead Of Its India Launch: Spy Pics & Details
- 23 hrs ago Top Car News Of The Week: Here Are Some Of The Highlights From The Auto Industry Last Week
- 24 hrs ago Top Bike News Of The Week: BMW F 900 R, F 900 XR, Versys 1000, BattRE Scooters Launched & More
- 1 day ago Triumph Scrambler 1200 Bond Edition Revealed: Limited To 250 Units Worldwide
- Sports Legendary hockey player Balbir Singh Sr passes away
- Lifestyle Happy Birthday Karan Johar: Stylish Looks That Proves He Has Distinctive Fashion Sense
- Finance Why Zee Entertainment Shares Could Fall On Tuesday?
- News For bicycle girl Jyoti, studying is the first priority
- Movies Eid 2020: Four Memorable Eid Releases That Bollywood Has Seen Over The Years
- Technology Moto G8 Power Lite Vs Other Budget Smartphones Under Rs. 10,000
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Jammu & Kashmir In May
- Education CBSE Cyber Safety Handbook For Students Classes 9 To 12
Maruti Suzuki recently launched the Vitara Brezza petrol variant in the Indian market. The 2020 Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza petrol was first showcased at the Auto Expo, held earlier this year. The compact-SUV offering apart from the new BS6-compliant petrol engine also received a minor facelift as well.
Now IAB has released a document which showcases the new Vitara Brezza SUV offered with a smart-hybrid technology. The upcoming version of the Maruti Vitara Brezza will feature the same 1.5-litre petrol engine which will be paired with the brand's smart-hybrid technology. This petrol-hybrid Vitara Brezza will come mated to a five-speed manual gearbox.
Previously, the Maruti Vitara Brezza petrol-hybrid was available with just the optional 4-speed automatic gearbox. However, Maruti will introduce the petrol-hybrid power unit with the manual variants as well.
As per the document, the Maruti Vitara Brezza petrol-hybrid with the manual gearbox will be available in all trims: LXi, VXi, ZXi and ZXi+. The document also reveals the power figures of the petrol-hybrid, which remains unchanged. The 1.5-litre petrol-hybrid engine produces 104bhp and 138Nm of peak torque.
Maruti Suzuki has discontinued the diesel-powertrain from the Vitara Brezza. Currently, the company also has no plans of introducing diesel engines in its lineup. However, depending on the demand they could introduce a diesel powertrain at a later stage.
Maruti Suzuki is currently working on introducing the Jimny in the Indian market. The new India-spec Maruti Suzuki Jimny will come in its five-door avatar and will be sold exclusively through the brand's premium NEXA dealerships.
The India-spec Jimny was also showcased at the Auto Expo 2020, alongside the Vitara Breza facelift. Maruti Suzuki is planning to launch the Jimny either in late-2020 or early-2021. The Jimny has been one of the most-awaited models from the brand in India and is expected to be priced competitively in the market.
Thoughts On The 2020 Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza Petrol Hybrid
The Maruti Vitara Brezza petrol was one of the most anticipated models from the brand. The petrol-hybrid was previously available with just the automatic gearbox, which did dissuade certain buyers. However, now with Maruti set to introduce the manual transmission with the hybrid powertrain, we can expect sales to improve further.