- 16 min ago Atum 1.0 Cafe-Racer Style Electric Motorcycle Commences Its Deliveries: Read More To Find Out!
- 37 min ago 2021 Mercedes-Benz A-Class Limousine Review Video: Here Are Our First Impressions Of The Luxury Sedan
- 1 hr ago Bike Sales Report For February 2021: Bajaj Auto Registers An Overall Yearly Growth Of 6 Per Cent
- 1 hr ago Review: Mercedes-Benz A-Class Sedan — When Style Meets Aerodynamics
- Technology Apple iPad Pro 2021 With A14 Chipset Likely To Go Official In March
- News Didn’t even realise: PM after taking first vaccine shot
- Movies Rubina Dilaik And Abhinav Shukla’s Nati Dance Is Too Adorable To Miss, See Video
- Finance Bitcoin Continues To Drop From All Time High; Down Over 26%
- Sports India vs England: Varun Chakravarthy yet to clear Yo-Yo test, doubtful for T20I series, says report
- Education Maharashtra Class 10, 12 Board Exams 2021 Will Be Conducted, Says Gaikwad Amid Surge In Covid Cases
- Lifestyle Madhuri Dixit’s Glamorous Pictures In Shimmering Eye Shadow And Dark Pink Lipstick Leaves Us Speechless
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Uttarakhand In March
The Suzuki Swift Sport has been caught undisguised arriving in India at the Indira Gandhi International Airport. Spy pics of the Suzuki Swift Sport from BW Autoworld showcase the hot hatch being unloaded at the airport.
Although the hot hatch has been spotted arriving in India, there is very little chance of it being introduced in the Indian market. Maruti Suzuki would have brought in the Swift Sport for internal testing and homologation processes.
The Suzuki Swift Sport is an extremely capable hatchback. It features the same HEARTECT platform as on the standard Swift available in the Indian market. The Swift Sport is powered by Suzuki's 1.4-litre BoosterJet turbo-petrol engine.
It produces 138bhp at 5,500rpm and 230Nm of peak torque between 2,500 - 3,500rpm, paired with a six-speed manual sending power to the front wheels. The hot hatch from Suzuki also claims impressive performance as well, with a 0 - 100km/h sprint in 8 seconds. Top speed of the Suzuki Swift Sport is limited to 210km/h.
The Suzuki Swift Sport takes on the Volkswagen Polo GTI, which was available in limited numbers in India as well. If Maruti Suzuki does plan to get the Swift Sport to the Indian market, it will most likely be imported as a CBU unit and will be priced at a premium.
Maruti Suzuki is currently working on bringing the Jimny to the Indian market. The Suzuki Jimny was first showcased in India at the Auto Expo 2020. Maruti Suzuki recently confirmed their plans of bringing the Jimny to India sometime later this year. The SUV will arrive in its 5-door avatar, with a number of changes made to better suit the Indian market.
There are also reports which suggest the Jimny could be named ‘Gypsy' in India. However, Maruti Suzuki is yet to confirm or make any official statement regarding this. The Suzuki Jimny will be introduced as a premium SUV and sold exclusively through the brand's NEXA dealerships across India.
Thoughts On The Suzuki Swift Sport Spied In India
Maruti Suzuki has very little success with performance-oriented models in the Indian market. Certain models such as the Kizashi and the Baleno RS failed miserably in the Indian market and have been discontinued entirely as well. With this trend in mind, it is very unlikely that Maruti will bring in the Swift Sport as well.