- 15 hrs ago MG Hector & Hector Plus Prices Increase In April — Third Price Hike In 2021
- 1 day ago KTM RC 390 Discontinued In India & Removed From Website: Next-Gen Coming Soon
- 1 day ago Bajaj Platina & CT Motorcycle Line-Up Receives Second Price Hike This Year: Here’s The New Price List
- 1 day ago 2021 Benelli 302R Revealed Ahead Of Launch: Features New Design & Lesser Weight
- Sports IPL 2021: Been playing spin since childhood, so in a way, it's in my blood: Player-of-the-match Nitish Rana
- Movies Abhishek Bachchan Praises Aishwarya Rai Bachchan For Teaching Aaradhya 'What It Means To Be A Bachchan'
- News More Cooch Behar-like killings possible if 'naughty boys' try to take law into their hands, says Dilip Ghosh
- Finance Jana Small Finance Bank Revises Fixed Deposit Interest Rates: Check Latest Rates Here
- Lifestyle Baisakhi 2021: The Story Behind Celebrating This Festival
- Technology Redmi Gaming Smartphone With Dimensity 1200 SoC Launch Tipped For This Month
- Education NEET PG 2021 On April 18, Check COVID-19 Guidelines For Exam Day
- Travel Best Places To Visit In Uttarakhand In April 2021
The Maruti Suzuki Swift continues to be India's best-selling car yet again. The hatchback which has been on sale in the Indian market since 2005 is one of the most popular models in the segment.
The car over the years has undergone a number of updates and revisions and is now currently in its third generation iteration. However, its popularity has grown over time, with the Swift consistently present in the country's best-selling car list month-on-month.
According to a recent data published by JATO Dynamics India, the Maruti Suzuki Swift is the highest-selling car in India. The Swift hatchback has registered average monthly sales figures of 15,798 units. The swift registered this average between the months of June and November 2020, amidst the coronavirus pandemic.
The data released list out the top-10 highest selling cars in the Indian market during the above mentioned period. Out of the ten positions, seven of them are Maruti Suzuki models; showcasing the dominance of the brand in the market.
The data also showcased that over the past six months (June to November 2020), the Indian market registered a total sales of 14 lakh cars. Of this, 40 per cent belonged to the hatchback segment.
Apart from the Maruti Suzuki offerings, Hyundai came in as the second-best car brand over the last six months with two models on the list. This includes the Creta in fifth position with 11,480 units and the Grand i10 NIOS in eighth with 9,380 units of average sales.
Another brand which entered the top-10 list is Kia Motors, who have had stellar innings in India since their entry in August 2019. The Kia Seltos manages to occupy the ninth position with average sales of 8,871 units over the past six months.
The Maruti Suzuki WagonR comes home as the second best selling car with 14,466 units. The Alto 800 and Baleno follow close behind in third and fourth positions with 14,461 and 14,316 units of average sales, respectively. The Maruti Dzire, Eeco and Ertiga occupy the remaining slots on the list.
Thoughts On The Highest Selling Car In India
Maruti Suzuki Swift has been a popular model ever since its introduction in the Indian market 15 years back. The latest generation introduced back in 2018, brought in more features and a premium feel to the hatchback, which has definitely worked in its favour.