- 14 hrs ago MG ZS Petrol Interiors Spied Ahead Of India Launch Expected Soon: SPy Pics & Details
- 18 hrs ago Maruti Suzuki Car Prices Hiked By Up To Rs 34,000: Here Are The New Prices!
- 19 hrs ago TVS XL100 Winner Edition Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 49,599
- 21 hrs ago Maruti Suzuki 1.5-Litre Diesel Engine Is All Set To Make Its Comeback: Expected Launch In Two Models
- News UN assists India's mammoth COVID-19 vaccine rollout on Jan 16
- Movies Did Pahlaj Nihalani Just Confirm That Varun Dhawan And Natasha Dalal Are Getting Married This Weekend?
- Finance Gold Price Top Rs. 49000/10 Gm After US Treasury Secretary Advocates Higher US Stimulus
- Technology Amazon Quiz Answers For January 20: Win Rs. 10,000 Amazon Pay Balance
- Education HTET Result 2021: Check BSEH HTET Result 2020 Date And Iris Biometric Candidate List
- Sports Tiger Woods undergoes fifth back surgery
- Lifestyle Bandhej Or Brocade, Which Stylish Outfit Of Mira Rajput Kapoor Is More Awesome?
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Uttarakhand In January 2021
The Maruti Suzuki Swift continues to be India's best-selling car yet again. The hatchback which has been on sale in the Indian market since 2005 is one of the most popular models in the segment.
The car over the years has undergone a number of updates and revisions and is now currently in its third generation iteration. However, its popularity has grown over time, with the Swift consistently present in the country's best-selling car list month-on-month.
According to a recent data published by JATO Dynamics India, the Maruti Suzuki Swift is the highest-selling car in India. The Swift hatchback has registered average monthly sales figures of 15,798 units. The swift registered this average between the months of June and November 2020, amidst the coronavirus pandemic.
The data released list out the top-10 highest selling cars in the Indian market during the above mentioned period. Out of the ten positions, seven of them are Maruti Suzuki models; showcasing the dominance of the brand in the market.
The data also showcased that over the past six months (June to November 2020), the Indian market registered a total sales of 14 lakh cars. Of this, 40 per cent belonged to the hatchback segment.
Apart from the Maruti Suzuki offerings, Hyundai came in as the second-best car brand over the last six months with two models on the list. This includes the Creta in fifth position with 11,480 units and the Grand i10 NIOS in eighth with 9,380 units of average sales.
Another brand which entered the top-10 list is Kia Motors, who have had stellar innings in India since their entry in August 2019. The Kia Seltos manages to occupy the ninth position with average sales of 8,871 units over the past six months.
The Maruti Suzuki WagonR comes home as the second best selling car with 14,466 units. The Alto 800 and Baleno follow close behind in third and fourth positions with 14,461 and 14,316 units of average sales, respectively. The Maruti Dzire, Eeco and Ertiga occupy the remaining slots on the list.
Thoughts On The Highest Selling Car In India
Maruti Suzuki Swift has been a popular model ever since its introduction in the Indian market 15 years back. The latest generation introduced back in 2018, brought in more features and a premium feel to the hatchback, which has definitely worked in its favour.