- 10 hrs ago Piaggio Ape HT Three-Wheelers Launched In India At Rs 2.24 Lakh: Cargo & Passenger CNG Available
- 14 hrs ago Dakar Rally 2022: Audi RS Q e-Tron Unveiled For The Rally Race: Battery Capacity, Specs & Other Details
- 14 hrs ago 2021 Tata Tiago NRG Launching Soon — Design, Features & Other Details
- 15 hrs ago SSC Tuatara’s 500+Km/h Top Speed Record Proven Wrong; SSC Admits To Botched Up Figures
- Sports Tokyo Olympics: What to look out for on July 25
- Technology Flipkart Big Saving Days Sale 2021: Discount Offers On Best Selling Smartphones
- Movies Fahadh Faasil Starts Shooting For Vikram; Shares A Selfie With Kamal Haasan
- News Porn films case: 'Hidden' cupboard containing files of Raj Kundra’s finances found from his office wall
- Education JEE Main 2021 Session 3: Students Affected By Rains In Maharashtra To Get Another Chance
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Andaman and Nicobar Islands In August
- Finance ICICI Bank Reports Q1Fy22 Net Profit At Rs. 4616 crore
- Lifestyle Tokyo Olympics 2020: Know About India's Saikhom Mirabai Chanu Who Won Silver Medal In Weightlifting
The Maruti Suzuki Swift continues to be India's best-selling car yet again. The hatchback which has been on sale in the Indian market since 2005 is one of the most popular models in the segment.
The car over the years has undergone a number of updates and revisions and is now currently in its third generation iteration. However, its popularity has grown over time, with the Swift consistently present in the country's best-selling car list month-on-month.
According to a recent data published by JATO Dynamics India, the Maruti Suzuki Swift is the highest-selling car in India. The Swift hatchback has registered average monthly sales figures of 15,798 units. The swift registered this average between the months of June and November 2020, amidst the coronavirus pandemic.
The data released list out the top-10 highest selling cars in the Indian market during the above mentioned period. Out of the ten positions, seven of them are Maruti Suzuki models; showcasing the dominance of the brand in the market.
The data also showcased that over the past six months (June to November 2020), the Indian market registered a total sales of 14 lakh cars. Of this, 40 per cent belonged to the hatchback segment.
Apart from the Maruti Suzuki offerings, Hyundai came in as the second-best car brand over the last six months with two models on the list. This includes the Creta in fifth position with 11,480 units and the Grand i10 NIOS in eighth with 9,380 units of average sales.
Another brand which entered the top-10 list is Kia Motors, who have had stellar innings in India since their entry in August 2019. The Kia Seltos manages to occupy the ninth position with average sales of 8,871 units over the past six months.
The Maruti Suzuki WagonR comes home as the second best selling car with 14,466 units. The Alto 800 and Baleno follow close behind in third and fourth positions with 14,461 and 14,316 units of average sales, respectively. The Maruti Dzire, Eeco and Ertiga occupy the remaining slots on the list.
Thoughts On The Highest Selling Car In India
Maruti Suzuki Swift has been a popular model ever since its introduction in the Indian market 15 years back. The latest generation introduced back in 2018, brought in more features and a premium feel to the hatchback, which has definitely worked in its favour.