- 6 hrs ago Top Car News Of The Week: Important Highlights In Four-Wheeler Segment From Previous Week
- 7 hrs ago Top Bike News Of The Week: Important Highlights In Two-Wheeler Space From Previous Week
- 21 hrs ago Ather Energy To Enter Delhi Market Soon: The 450X To Be Priced Rs 15,000 Lower
- 24 hrs ago Independence Day: India’s Five Most Iconic Cars Which Changed The Landscape Of The Auto Industry
- News Ammonium nitrate near Chennai to be moved out soon
- Sports Angel Gomes signs five-year deal with Lille, loaned to Boavista
- Technology Xiaomi Redmi K30 Ultra, Mi 10 Ultra Anniversary Edition Leaks Online; Launch Set For August 11
- Movies Sushant Singh Case: Father KK Singh Files Counter Affidavit Before SC Against Rhea Chakraborty
- Lifestyle Samantha Akkineni Opts For A Gorgeous Blue Saree For Rana Daggubati’s Wedding
- Finance Mukesh Ambani Is Now The World's 4th Richest; Amasses $22 Billion This Year
- Travel 10 Incredible Places To Visit In Odisha In August 2020
- Education Kargil Vijay Diwas Quotes In English For Students
Maruti Suzuki has been working on a premium version of the popular WagonR hatchback for the Indian market, the Maruti XL5. The car has been spotted testing earlier many times on the Indian roads.
Some latest spy pics of the XL5, clicked by Carandbike has been surfing the internet. The car was spotted testing in Gurugram. The new photos reveal that the XL5 is being tested under heavy wraps but once can tell that Maruti Suzuki has tweaked to the car. The car gets a split headlamp setup, a tweaked air dam on the front bumper, with the fog lamps positioned on either end, a sleek grille, and some small changes at the rear to make it look slightly different than the Wagon R. Although the XL5 also gets 15-inch alloy wheels, the overall silhouette looks very similar to the Wagon R.
On the inside, as seen from the previous spy pics, the Maruti Suzuki XL5 will feature a similar cabin design and layout as seen on the standard Wagon R. Some features in the XL5 will be getting a climate control air-con unit and the 7.0-inch touchscreen infotainment system.
In terms of engine options, the new Maruti XL5 is likely to be powered by a BS6 compliant 1.2-litre K12B petrol unit, which also powers the WagonR. Power output will remain the same at 82bhp of power and 114Nm of peak torque. It will come paired with the same five-speed manual transmission with the optional AGS automatic gearbox also on offer.
The Maruti XL5 will be sold exclusively through the brand's premium Nexa dealerships. The car will be sold as an entry-level model at the Nexa premium division, which also sells the Ignis, Baleno, S-Cross and the XL6 models.
Thoughts About The Upcoming Maruti Suzuki XL5
The Maruti Suzuki XL5 will be introduced and sold as a premium version of the standard Wagon R. As far as the pricing is concerned, the standard Wagon R retails between Rs 4.46 lakh and Rs 5.95 lakh (ex-showroom), so we can expect the XL5 to be priced slightly higher. The Maruti Suzuki XL5 is likely to launch in 2021.