- 58 min ago Maruti Suzuki WagonR CNG Production Crosses 3 Lakh Unit Mark: New Milestone Achieved
- 2 hrs ago MG ZS EV To Launch In 10 New Cities Soon: Teaser Video & Details
- 3 hrs ago Ather 450X Collector’s Edition E-Scooter Unveiled: A Special-Edition 450X For The Enthusiasts!
- 3 hrs ago Suzuki Motorcycles To Launch A New Product In India: Could It Be Connected Technology?
- Movies Executive Producer Kshitij Ravi Prasad To Be Arrested By Narcotics Control Bureau In Drugs Case
- Technology Tecno Spark 6 Budget Smartphone Launched: Price, Specifications
- News With QUAD pitch in, India-Japan to tie up for 5G technologies
- Sports Sorry Chennai Super Kings fans! Suresh Raina is not coming back, clarifies CSK CEO
- Finance 5 Factors That Could Keep Market Volatile Next Week
- Lifestyle Padmini Ekadashi 2020: Date, Muhurta, Rituals, Katha And Significance Of This Festival
- Education AP ICET Results 2020 Declared, Check At sche.ap.gov.in
- Travel Best Places To Visit In South India In October
Maruti Suzuki is working on a premium version of the popular WagonR hatchback for the Indian market, the Maruti XL5. The car has been spotted testing earlier many times on the Indian roads.
Some latest images of the upcoming XL5, snapped by Zigwheels, have been doing the rounds of the Internet lately. The new photos reveal that the XL5 is being tested under heavy wraps but once can tell that Maruti Suzuki has tweaked to the car. The car gets a split headlamp setup, a tweaked air dam on the front bumper, with the fog lamps positioned on either end, a sleek grille, and some small changes at the rear to make it look slightly different than the Wagon R. Although the XL5 also gets 15-inch alloy wheels, the overall silhouette looks very similar to the Wagon R.
On the inside, the Maruti Suzuki XL5 will feature a similar cabin design and layout as seen on the standard Wagon R. Some features in the XL5 will be getting a climate control air-con unit and the 7.0-inch touchscreen infotainment system.
In terms of engine options, the new Maruti XL5 is likely to be powered by a BS6 compliant 1.2-litre K12B petrol unit, which also powers the WagonR. Power output will remain the same at 82bhp of power and 114Nm of peak torque. It will come paired with the same five-speed manual transmission with the optional AGS automatic gearbox also on offer. On The other hand, we can also expect the XL5 to be available as an all-electric vehicle as it has been spotted testing in the EV avatar earlier.
The Maruti XL5 will be sold exclusively through the brand's premium Nexa dealerships. The car will be sold as an entry-level model at the Nexa premium division, which also sells the Ignis, Baleno, S-Cross and the XL6 models.
Thoughts About The Maruti Suzuki XL5
The Maruti Suzuki XL5 will be introduced and sold as a premium version of the standard Wagon R. As far as the pricing is concerned, the standard Wagon R retails between Rs 4.46 lakh and Rs 5.95 lakh (ex-showroom), so we can expect the XL5 to be priced slightly higher. The Maruti Suzuki XL5 is likely to launch next year.