- 8 hrs ago 2021 Aprilia RSV4 and RSV4 Factory Revealed: Here Is Everything You Need To Know
- 9 hrs ago Royal Enfield Partners With CEAT For Interceptor 650 Tyres: Here Are All Details
- 9 hrs ago Bangalore Dealer Delivers 100 Nissan Magnite In A Single Day: Read More To Find Out
- 9 hrs ago 2021 Tata Safari Interior Details Revealed Ahead Of Launch: Here’s What To Expect!
- Sports Fulham 0-1 Chelsea: Mount spares blushes of unimpressive Blues
- Movies Bigg Boss 14 January 16 Highlights: Salman Khan Schools Sonali Phogat, Callers Question Contestants
- News Maharashtra halts Covid-19 vaccination drive till Monday due to Co-Win app glitches
- Finance Amid COVID-19 Domestic Air Traffic Fell To A 7-Year Low In 2020
- Technology BSNL Offering OTT Benefits With Add-On Packs
- Lifestyle Congratulatory Messages, Wishes & Quotes To Share On The Birth Of A Baby
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Uttar Pradesh In January
- Education Bihar Board 12th Admit Card 2021, Download BSEB Intermediate Admit Card 2021 at biharboardonline.com
The Maruti Suzuki WagonR S-CNG production crosses 3 lakh units mark. The hatchback has achieved a new milestone for the brand and has become the highest-selling CNG vehicle in the country.
The CNG variant of the most loved tallboy hatchback WagonR has surpassed 3 Lakh units in sales, making it the most successful CNG car across all passenger vehicle segments. The company has sold over 24 lakh units in total since its first launch in India.
According to the company, due to its bold design, high seating, enhanced space and high utility, 24 per cent of customers have chosen WagonR again. Maruti Suzuki currently offers a factory-fitted CNG variant with the Alto, the WagonR, the Eeco, and the Ertiga for private vehicles.
Mr Shashank Srivastava, Executive Director (Marketing & Sales), Maruti Suzuki India Limited, said, "Constantly featured amongst India's top 10 cars for nearly two decades, Maruti Suzuki WagonR continues to be the undisputed market leader in its segment. Since its debut in 1999, WagonR has over 24 Lakh happy customers and it's the first car for nearly half of them. The iconic car from Maruti Suzuki continues to feature among the top 5 best-selling cars in India since 2000."
He further added, "The milestone of 3 Lakh sales of WagonR S-CNG is yet another testament to the immense faith bestowed on us by our loyal customers. Maruti Suzuki has persistently strived to offer sustainable mobility options to its customers. We take this opportunity to thank our trusted customers for their relentless support to make WagonR S-CNG the largest selling CNG fuelled car in India."
Maruti WagonR is powered by a 1.0-litre three-cylinder petrol engine. It produces a maximum of 58bhp at 5500rpm and a peak torque of 78Nm of torque at 3500rpm. The engine is further mated to a five-speed manual gearbox as standard.
Maruti Suzuki S-CNG cars come equipped with Dual Interdependent ECU with Intelligent Injection System. It ensures better and consistent performance along with high fuel efficiency across all terrains.
WagonR is engineered and built on the 5th generation HEARTECT platform. The platform increases the safety of occupants through effective absorption of impact and dispersion of crash energy and assures stability.
Safety features including Driver airbag, ABS (antilock braking system) with EBD (electronic brake force distribution), front seat belts reminder, speed alert system and rear parking sensors are standard across variants.
Thoughts About The Maruti Suzuki WagonR CNG Production Crosses 3 Lakh Unit Mark
The Maruti Suzuki WagonR offers enhanced practicality in terms of space due to its tall riding stance as compared to other conventional hatchback models sold in the country. With a factory-fitted CNG kit, customers will also be saving a lot of money as CNG cars are more fuel-efficient than petrol or diesel powered vehicles.