- 8 hrs ago Mahindra Trademarks XUV100, XUV400, XUV700 & XUV900 Names For Future SUVs
- 8 hrs ago 2021 TVS Apache RTR 160 4V Detailed Review — The Perfect Entry-Level Performance Motorcycle?
- 9 hrs ago Aprilia SXR 125 Prices Leaked Ahead Of India Launch: Here Are All The Details!
- 10 hrs ago FAME II Certification Validity Extended: Will It Benefit EV Market In India?
- Movies Vakeel Saab Day 6 Box Office Collection: Here’s How Much Pawan Kalyan Starrer Has Earned So Far
- Technology Amazon Smartphone Upgrade Days 2021: Discount Offers On Premium Mobiles
- Sports IPL 2021: Glenn Maxwell likens Royal Challengers Bangalore role to one at Australia
- News Pakistan working on single-dose COVID-19 vaccine with China’s help: Official
- Finance How to find IFSC Code?
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Mizoram In April
- Education Karnataka: No Online Exams For Higher Classes, Says Dy CM Ashwath Narayan
- Lifestyle Pretty In Pink! Alaya F’s Shimmery Eye Lids And Matte Lips Make For The Perfect Makeup Look For Date Night!
Maruti Suzuki S-Presso has registered over 75,000 units sold since its launch in the Indian market. The entry-level hatchback from the brand has achieved a new sales milestone for the brand in the country.
The Maruti Suzuki S-Presso is a tall-riding hatchback that was launched during Septemeber last year. According to the company, the hatchback has sold in decent volume and has managed to attract more customers because of its practicality and SUVish stance.
Maruti Suzuki says that S-Presso holds 9 per cent of the total market share in its A2 segment in India. The company has also been aggressive in targeting the right audience for the hatchback. The S-Presso has been marketed across various unique youthful properties throughout the year with such as Comic-Con, ISL, Street Dancer 3D, Cult Fit and IPL to engage young urban customers.
Speaking on the success, Mr Shashank Srivastava, Executive Director, Marketing and Sales, Maruti Suzuki India Limited, said, "Within a short span of a year, Maruti Suzuki S-PRESSO has carved a strong niche for itself with many segment-first features like a dynamic centre console with SmartPlay infotainment system, steering mounted audio and voice control etc. In line with the aspirations of young India, S-PRESSO is exclusively designed to offer a mini SUV feel with the best of technologies and features. Rightfully pegged as the ‘Genki car' S-PRESSO stirs right notes to pep-up the industry."
He added, "Within a year, S-PRESSO buyers have shown 24% higher inclination to accessorize their cars with unique and exciting accessories to match their lifestyle. In fact, S-PRESSO witnessed an uptake in positive momentum with increased buyer interest in the unlock phase. We thank our customers for their endorsement of this young brand."
Speaking about the hatchback itself, the S-Presso is powered by a single 1.0-litre three-cylinder petrol engine. It produces a maximum of 67bhp and a peak torque of 90Nm. The engine comes mated to either a five-speed manual or a five-speed AMT automatic transmission.
Maruti Suzuki is also offering a factory-fitted CNG kit with the same 1.0-litre petrol engine. It produces 58bhp at 5500rpm and 70Nm of torque at 3500rpm. The CNG-powered unit is paired with a standard five-speed manual gearbox. The S-CNG version returns an ARAI rated mileage of 31.2km/kg.
On the inside, the S-Presso features the hatchback features a centrally-mounted digital instrument cluster, and a seven-inch SmartPlay Studio touchscreen infotainment system. The interiors of the S-Presso features coloured accents across the cabin with blacked-out trims and dual-tone seat fabric.
It also comes equipped with multiple airbags, ABS with EBD, pedestrian safety, reverse parking sensor, seat-belt reminder, high-speed warning and more. The Maruti Suzuki S-Presso retails at a starting price of Rs 3.70 lakh and goes all the way up to Rs 5.13 lakh for the top-spec VXI CNG variant. All prices ex-showroom (Delhi).
Thoughts About Maruti-Suzuki S-Presso Sales Crossing 75,000 Units In India
The SUV-inspired design of the S-Presso has clearly worked for the hatchback. The tall-design makes for a roomy cabin with enhanced practicality, which is essential for the A2 entry-level segment. The Maruti Suzuki S-Presso rivals the Renault Kwid and the Datsun RediGO in the Indian market.