- 1 hr ago Kawasaki Bikes Offers & New-Year Discounts For January 2021: Benefits Of Rs 50,000 On Select Models
- 3 hrs ago Top Bike News Of The Week: Top Two-Wheeler Stories From Previous Week In The Market
- 4 hrs ago Top Car News Of The Week: Here Are The Main Headlines From The Week Gone By!
- 18 hrs ago 2021 Aprilia RSV4 and RSV4 Factory Revealed: Here Is Everything You Need To Know
- News Highest number of COVID-19 vaccines administered in UP on first day of inoculation
- Sports Nets' Harden enters NBA history books with triple-double, Lillard leads Blazers
- Technology Who Owns Hike Messenger? Which Country It Belongs To?
- Movies Bigg Boss Tamil 4: Aari Arjuna To Raise This Season’s Trophy?
- Lifestyle From Purple Hair To Blue Eye Shadow To Pink Lipstick, Lady Gaga’s Recent Look Is All About Colours
- Finance 3 Housing Finance Stocks That Can Generate Solid Returns
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Uttar Pradesh In January
- Education Bihar Board 12th Admit Card 2021, Download BSEB Intermediate Admit Card 2021 at biharboardonline.com
Maruti Suzuki S-Presso has registered over 75,000 units sold since its launch in the Indian market. The entry-level hatchback from the brand has achieved a new sales milestone for the brand in the country.
The Maruti Suzuki S-Presso is a tall-riding hatchback that was launched during Septemeber last year. According to the company, the hatchback has sold in decent volume and has managed to attract more customers because of its practicality and SUVish stance.
Maruti Suzuki says that S-Presso holds 9 per cent of the total market share in its A2 segment in India. The company has also been aggressive in targeting the right audience for the hatchback. The S-Presso has been marketed across various unique youthful properties throughout the year with such as Comic-Con, ISL, Street Dancer 3D, Cult Fit and IPL to engage young urban customers.
Speaking on the success, Mr Shashank Srivastava, Executive Director, Marketing and Sales, Maruti Suzuki India Limited, said, "Within a short span of a year, Maruti Suzuki S-PRESSO has carved a strong niche for itself with many segment-first features like a dynamic centre console with SmartPlay infotainment system, steering mounted audio and voice control etc. In line with the aspirations of young India, S-PRESSO is exclusively designed to offer a mini SUV feel with the best of technologies and features. Rightfully pegged as the ‘Genki car' S-PRESSO stirs right notes to pep-up the industry."
He added, "Within a year, S-PRESSO buyers have shown 24% higher inclination to accessorize their cars with unique and exciting accessories to match their lifestyle. In fact, S-PRESSO witnessed an uptake in positive momentum with increased buyer interest in the unlock phase. We thank our customers for their endorsement of this young brand."
Speaking about the hatchback itself, the S-Presso is powered by a single 1.0-litre three-cylinder petrol engine. It produces a maximum of 67bhp and a peak torque of 90Nm. The engine comes mated to either a five-speed manual or a five-speed AMT automatic transmission.
Maruti Suzuki is also offering a factory-fitted CNG kit with the same 1.0-litre petrol engine. It produces 58bhp at 5500rpm and 70Nm of torque at 3500rpm. The CNG-powered unit is paired with a standard five-speed manual gearbox. The S-CNG version returns an ARAI rated mileage of 31.2km/kg.
On the inside, the S-Presso features the hatchback features a centrally-mounted digital instrument cluster, and a seven-inch SmartPlay Studio touchscreen infotainment system. The interiors of the S-Presso features coloured accents across the cabin with blacked-out trims and dual-tone seat fabric.
It also comes equipped with multiple airbags, ABS with EBD, pedestrian safety, reverse parking sensor, seat-belt reminder, high-speed warning and more. The Maruti Suzuki S-Presso retails at a starting price of Rs 3.70 lakh and goes all the way up to Rs 5.13 lakh for the top-spec VXI CNG variant. All prices ex-showroom (Delhi).
Thoughts About Maruti-Suzuki S-Presso Sales Crossing 75,000 Units In India
The SUV-inspired design of the S-Presso has clearly worked for the hatchback. The tall-design makes for a roomy cabin with enhanced practicality, which is essential for the A2 entry-level segment. The Maruti Suzuki S-Presso rivals the Renault Kwid and the Datsun RediGO in the Indian market.