- 3 hrs ago Maruti Suzuki Swift Sales Cross 23 Lakh Units Mark: Becomes Best-Selling Car Of 2020
- 4 hrs ago Nissan Magnite Bookings Cross 35,000 Units Mark: New Milestone Achieved By The Brand
- 5 hrs ago Ampere Electric Scooter Sales Cross 75,000 Units: 300th Dealership Opened In India
- 6 hrs ago Skoda Karoq Restock Expected Soon In India: Could Be Locally Assembled
- News Police grant permission to farmer unions to conduct Tractor Parade on Republic Day
- Finance Pre-Budget 2021 Survey Reveals India Inc Is Optimistic
- Movies Larry King Of Larry King Live Fame Passes Away At The Age Of 87
- Sports SAI takes steps to ensure no drop in intensity of athletes returning to training
- Lifestyle 17 Herbal Remedies To Get Rid Of Hot Flashes
- Education SBI SCO Admit Card 2021 Released, Check Direct Link To Download
- Technology Realme X7 Series RAM, Storage, And Color Options Leaked; Launch Expected For February 4
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Maharashtra In January 2021
Maruti Suzuki is gearing to add another vehicle to the existing vehicle line-up exclusively sold through Nexa premium dealership chain. The BS6 S-Cross is expected to be the automaker's latest offering.
According to the latest reports from Autocar India, the new S-Cross is expected to launch on August 5, 2020, and could go on sale soon after. The company is said to have begun the sales training for the upcoming launch of the premium crossover hatchback in the India market.
Dealerships have started to accept pre-bookings for the 2020 S-Cross for a token amount of Rs 11,000, ahead of its launch. The upcoming BS6 S-Cross was showcased at the 2020 Auto Expo revealing some of the changes made to the crossover hatchback.
The upcoming crossover will be powered by Suzuki's 1.5-litre ‘SHVS' mild-hybrid petrol engine. The same engine that also powers the Ertiga, Ciaz and the Vitara Brezza models in the brand's line-up.
The 1.5-litre, four-cylinder, mild-hybrid petrol engine produces 104bhp and 138Nm of torque. The engine is expected to come mated to a standard five-speed manual gearbox. The company is also expected to offer an optional four-speed torque-converter automatic transmission on the higher-spec trims at the time of launch.
Apart from the new engine, the 2020 S-Cross is expected to undergo slight design revisions inside and out. These include redesigned LED headlamps, tail lamps, alloy wheels and more. However, the overall design and silhouette are expected to remain unchanged, which gives the car a muscular stance with good road presence.
On the inside, it will feature the brand's latest SmartPlay Studio touchscreen infotainment system that supports Android Auto, Apple CarPlay and the brand's connected technology as well. The interiors of the 2020 Maruti S-Cross will also be revised with new upholstery giving it a more premium look and feel.
There will be no diesel engine on offer as the company has decided to discontinue the powertrain that was featured on the BS4 models. The BS4 S-Cross retailed between Rs 8.80 lakh and Rs 11.43 lakh, ex-showroom (Delhi). We expect the prices for the new model to be similar to the diesel models.
Thoughts About The Maruti Suzuki S-Cross Expected India Launch On August 5
The launch of the S-Cross BS6 model has been delayed due to the ongoing Covid-19 pandemic in the country. Maruti Suzuki will continue to sell the upcoming crossover hatchback at Nexa premium dealership chain offering a touch of exclusivity to the customers. The S-Cross has always been a popular choice among enthusiasts. The new petrol engine could appeal to a broader audience.