- 3 hrs ago Ather 450X Price After Subsidy Under Fame 2 Incentives: City-Wise Price List & FAQs
- 5 hrs ago 2021 BMW R 1250 GS BS6 India Launch Teased: Expected Price & Available Variants
- 5 hrs ago Driving License & Vehicle Registration Validity Extended Until 30 September
- 7 hrs ago Hero Electric Scooter Prices Dropped By Up To Rs 15,000: Optima HX FAME 2 Subsidy Revised Price List
- News 'The Flying Sikh' Milkha Singh cremated with full state honours
- Travel Best Places To Visit In North India In August
- Lifestyle Father’s Day 2021: Here’s The History And Significance Of This Day
- Movies Priyanka Chopra Dedicates Her 'Summer Tattoo' To Pooches Diana, Gino And Panda
- Finance How Does PPF Account Work After Extension Upon Maturity?
- Sports Milkha Singh passes away: Indian cricket team wear black armbands as a mark of respect to the ‘Flying Sikh’
- Technology OnePlus Nord CE 5G Gets Second Update Following Launch; What's Improved?
- Education Summer Solstice 2021: Know Why June 21 Is The Longest Day Of The Year
Maruti Suzuki India Limited (MSIL) has rolled-out 1 million cars from its Gujarat production factiliy in the country. The manufacturing facility has achieved a new milestone for the brand. Suzuki Motor Gujarat Private Limited (SMG) production facility is a subsidiary of Suzuki Motor Corporation and has achieved 1 million units on 21 October 2020.
The company has also announced that SMG becomes the fastest production site of Suzuki to reach 1 million units in just 3 years and 9 months. The production at the facility started back in February 2017.
The 1 millionth milestone model is the Baleno premium hatchback that is currently sold in Nexa premium dealership chain. The Baleno hatchback is exclusively manufactured in India and is in line with the "Make in India" initiative.
Initially, SMG started production of Baleno in February 2017. The facility soon started producing another popular hatchback from the brand, the Swift in January 2018. The facility also started export operation back in March 2018.
The facility was expanded to another production site called the B-Plant in January 2019. The B Plant now currently handles powertrain production for Maruti Suzuki cars to meet the growing needs in India and abroad.
In FY 2019, Maruti Suzuki sold approximately 1.44 million units and produced approximately 1.58 million units in India. Out of the total production, 25 per cent units were rolled-out from the SMG manufacturing unit. This translates to about 410,000 units.
Suzuki will continue its production activities to meet customer needs through securing safety by thoroughly conducting preventive measures against the spread of COVID-19 pandemic.
The Maruti Suzuki Baleno and the Swift are among the popular models sold by the brand. While Baleno is part of the Nexa experience, the Swift is currently sold through Maruti Suzuki Arena dealerships.
Thoughts About The Maruti Suzuki Rolls Out 1 Million Cars From Gujarat Plant
Like most manufacturing facilities in India, the SMG was also affected by the nation-wide lockdown announced due to the ongoing Covid-19 pandemic in the country. However, the facility has managed to get back up to speed for production capacity and managed to achieve a new feat to the brand.