- 8 hrs ago Mahindra Thar SUVs Spotted At Dealerships Without Infotainment System: Here Are The Details
- 9 hrs ago Hyundai N-Line Coming To India: New i20 N-Line Hatchback Expected To Go On Sale In Mid-2021
- 11 hrs ago BharatBenz Introduces Eight New CVs To Its Product Lineup: Here Are The Details
- 12 hrs ago Skoda Kushaq Production Prototype Images Released: Here Are All The Details Ahead Of Its World Premiere
- News Give names of perpetrators: Delhi Police issues notice to farmer leader Darshan Pal
- Movies Bigg Boss 14 January 27 Highlights: Nikki Fights Vikas And Devoleena; Arshi Talks To Rahul About Vikas
- Finance Analysts Recommend Avoiding Yes Bank; See Stock Falling Further
- Sports ISL 2020-21: Kerala Blasters FC vs Jamshedpur FC: Unlucky Kerala shares spoils with Jamshedpur
- Education RRB NTPC Admit Card 2021 Phase-3, Check Region-wise Links
- Lifestyle Are Papayas A Healthy Choice For People With Diabetes?
- Travel February 2021: Indian Festivals And Events Guide
- Technology Realme Narzo 30A Gets NBTC, BIS Certifications; Hints India Launch As Well
India's largest car maker, Maruti Suzuki india has issued a recall for the WagonR 1.0 and the Baleno models that are sold via its Arena and NEXA dealerships, respectively.
The brand has recalled a total of 1,34,885 units - 56,663 of which are WagonR units manufactured between 15 November 2018 and 15 October 2019.
The remaining 78,222 units are Baleno hatchbacks that were manufactured between 8 January 2019 and 4 November 2019. The recall has been issued over the possibility of a faulty fuel pump in both models.
The brand has announced owners of recalled vehicles will be contacted by the company dealerships over the next few months, and that the faulty parts will be replaced at no cost to owners.
WagonR and baleno owners also have the option of checking if their vehicles feature on the recall list. Owners need to visit the brands official website (Arena and NEXA respectively) and visit the ‘Imp Customer Info' section.
One has to feed in the vehicle's chassis number (MA3 series for the WagonR, and MBH series for the Baleno, followed by a 14 digit alpha-numeric code) in order to check if their cars have been recalled.
While the chassis number is embossed on the vehicle's identification plate, one can find it on the vehicle's registration documents. Should the vehicle be listed, owners have to follow the instructions listed on the website.
Maruti Suzuki issued a recall last year for petrol Smart Hybrid variants of the Ciaz, the Ertiga, and the XL6 manufactured between 1 january 2019 and 21 november 2019.
The recall was called for because of the possible issue with the vehicle's Motor Generator unit. A total of 63,493 vehicles were checked and inspected.
Thoughts About Maruti Suzuki Recalling 1,34,885 Units Of The WagonR and Baleno Models For Faulty Fuel Pumps
We are impressed that Maruti Suzuki is still paying attention to manufacturing faults in older vehicles, and is addressing the issue. We are sure owners of Maruti vehicles will be pleased to know that the brand is very customer conscious. Good job Maruti Suzuki!