- 5 hrs ago Top-Selling Bikes In India (May 2021): Hero Splendor & Hero HF Deluxe Take Top Two Spots
- 9 hrs ago Fast & Furious Toyota Supra Auctioned For Rs 4.07 Crore; Becomes Most-Expensive Supra
- 15 hrs ago Yamaha FZ-X Accessories Price List: Order Official Factory-Fitted Parts Online
- 17 hrs ago Skoda Kushaq India Launch: 1.5-litre Variant To Arrive In August — Details
- Technology Last Week Most Trending Smartphones: OnePlus Nord CE 5G, Poco X3 Pro, Honor 50 Pro, Redmi Note 10 Pro And More
- News Punjab Cong infighting: Amarinder Singh in Delhi for another round of talks with AICC panel
- Movies Beast Second Look Out: Thalapathy Vijay's Deadly Look Is A Perfect Birthday Treat For Fans
- Sports Euro 2020: North Macedonia 0-3 Netherlands: Depay, Wijnaldum on fire as classy Oranje make history in easy win
- Finance These Nifty Stocks Gave The Highest Dividend In FY21
- Education Bihar STET Result 2021 For Urdu, Sanskrit And Science Released At bsebstet2019.in
- Lifestyle Swara Bhasker Flaunts A Pink Chikankari Kurta Set; Perfect For Stay-At-Home Festive Occasions
- Travel Best Places To Visit In South India In August
Maruti Suzuki is looking to re-entre the off-road vehicle segment by launching the all-new Jimny in the Indian market. The Maruti Suzuki Jimny will be picking up where the legendary Gypsy had left off in India.
Ahead of its arrival in the market, the Maruti Suzuki Jimny has been spied testing for the first time in India near the brand's manufacturing facility in Manesar, Gurgaon.
Spy images from Kar DIY reveal a white off-road SUV without any camouflage and in right-hand drive configuration. The test mule is also using alloy wheels with all-around black cladding and be in its top-spec trim.
We expect the Jimny off-road SUV to be powered by the 1.5-litre K-Series petrol engine, that currently powers a host of models in India. It produces a maximum of 103.2 bhp and a peak torque 138Nm.
The engine comes paired to a five-speed manual transmission or an optional four-speed automatic torque converter unit. The Jimny is expected to feature a four-wheel-drive transfer case and a low range transmission, as seen on the global-spec SUVs.
On the interiors, the rugged off-road SUV is expected to feature similar equipment carried from the global-spec models. These include a 7-inch infotainment system with support for both Apple CarPlay and Google Android Auto, and steering mounted controls; among others.
The off-roader is expected to come equipped with a host of safety features including an electronic stability program (eSP), traction control (TC), hill hold assist, hill descent control, and six-airbags offering superior protection to its passengers.
According to recent reports, the company is looking to make India an exclusive production hub for Jimny SUV. The automaker aims to produce both the three-door and the five-door Jimny models with locally sourced parts by 2022-23.
The reports also suggest that Maruti Suzuki to have already approached some Indian vendors in the past 6 months, to source parts for the upcoming five-door Jimny. The company could be assessing the feasibility for manufacturing the off-road SUV in the country.
Thoughts About The Maruti Suzuki Jimny Spied Testing In India First Time Ahead Of Launch
Maruti Suzuki will soon be joining the niche off-road market in the country by launching the Jimny. Once launched, the Maruti Suzuki Jimny will rival against the Mahindra Thar and the upcoming Force Gurkha in the country. Whether the Jimny will be a true successor to the Gypsy remains to be seen.