- 1 hr ago Toyota Innova Crysta New Vs Old Comparison: A Brief Look At What’s Changed!
- 1 hr ago Nissan Service Hub Introduced Ahead Of Magnite Launch In India: Here Are All Details
- 3 hrs ago MG ZS EV Long Distance Trial Run From Delhi To Agra: Here Are All Details
- 15 hrs ago Datsun Car Discounts For November 2020: GO+, GO & Redi-GO Receive Benefits Up To Rs 51,000
- Finance Sugar Stocks Rally Up To 18% As Piyush Goyal Meet; May Announce Sops
- News Absolutely wrong to prevent farmers from holding peaceful demonstrations: Kejriwal
- Technology iPhone 13 Could Be Completely Port-Free; Apple To Ditch Lighting, Type-C
- Sports Six Pakistan cricketers in New Zealand test positive for Covid 19
- Movies Abhishek Bachchan's Look From Bob Biswas Goes Viral; His Transformation Photos Are Unbelievable!
- Education NIOS Starts Registration For October 2020 Board Exams, Check Fee Details
- Lifestyle Sana Khan’s Beautiful Pictures From Her Mehendi Ceremony In Orange & Pink Suit Will Melt Your Heart
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Kerala In December
Maruti Suzuki is looking to re-entre the off-road vehicle segment by launching the all-new Jimny in the Indian market. The Maruti Suzuki Jimny will be picking up where the legendary Gypsy had left off in India.
Ahead of its arrival in the market, the Maruti Suzuki Jimny has been spied testing for the first time in India near the brand's manufacturing facility in Manesar, Gurgaon.
Spy images from Kar DIY reveal a white off-road SUV without any camouflage and in right-hand drive configuration. The test mule is also using alloy wheels with all-around black cladding and be in its top-spec trim.
We expect the Jimny off-road SUV to be powered by the 1.5-litre K-Series petrol engine, that currently powers a host of models in India. It produces a maximum of 103.2 bhp and a peak torque 138Nm.
The engine comes paired to a five-speed manual transmission or an optional four-speed automatic torque converter unit. The Jimny is expected to feature a four-wheel-drive transfer case and a low range transmission, as seen on the global-spec SUVs.
On the interiors, the rugged off-road SUV is expected to feature similar equipment carried from the global-spec models. These include a 7-inch infotainment system with support for both Apple CarPlay and Google Android Auto, and steering mounted controls; among others.
The off-roader is expected to come equipped with a host of safety features including an electronic stability program (eSP), traction control (TC), hill hold assist, hill descent control, and six-airbags offering superior protection to its passengers.
According to recent reports, the company is looking to make India an exclusive production hub for Jimny SUV. The automaker aims to produce both the three-door and the five-door Jimny models with locally sourced parts by 2022-23.
The reports also suggest that Maruti Suzuki to have already approached some Indian vendors in the past 6 months, to source parts for the upcoming five-door Jimny. The company could be assessing the feasibility for manufacturing the off-road SUV in the country.
Thoughts About The Maruti Suzuki Jimny Spied Testing In India First Time Ahead Of Launch
Maruti Suzuki will soon be joining the niche off-road market in the country by launching the Jimny. Once launched, the Maruti Suzuki Jimny will rival against the Mahindra Thar and the upcoming Force Gurkha in the country. Whether the Jimny will be a true successor to the Gypsy remains to be seen.