- 2 hrs ago Geneva Motor Show 2020 Cancelled Due To Coronavirus Alert
- 8 hrs ago Vahan Database To Display Partially Concealed Names Of Vehicle Owners: Ministry Of Transport
- 10 hrs ago Hero Super Splendor BS6 Models Launched In India Starting At Rs 67,300, Ex-Showroom, Delhi
- 1 day ago 2020 TVS Apache RR310 BS6 (First Ride) Review: Crafted To Be More Invisible Than Before
- Sports Ranji Trophy Semi-finals: Gujarat take on Saurashtra in 'clash of equals'
- Movies Bigg Boss Kannada 7 Contestant Chaitra Kottoor Opens Up About Hosting Shantham Paapam
- Technology Vivo V19 Official Renders Show Design, Colors And More
- News With GDP growth at 7 yr low, FinMin says slowdown has bottomed out
- Lifestyle 11 Benefits Of Drinking Water On An Empty Stomach
- Education UPSC Tie-breaking Principals For Civil Services And Other Exams
- Finance India’s Eight Core Industries Grew At 2.2% In January
- Travel March 2020: Indian Festivals And Events Guide
Maruti Suzuki Jimny Sierra unveiled at the Auto Expo 2020. Maruti Suzuki has finally brought in the much-awaited Jimny Sierra to the Indian shores for the first time. The Suzuki Jimny Sierra is the long-wheelbase version of the SUV, which is already on sale in the European markets.
The Maruti Suzuki Jimny Sierra was showcased at the Auto Expo 2020 to access Indian customers response to the model. The company has confirmed that the Jimny Sierra will be introduced in the Indian market sometime by end-2020.
However, Maruti Suzuki could name the Jimny Sierra as ‘Gypsy' for the Indian market. The Suzuki Jimny is currently the World Urban Car of The Year and has over the months created a lot of buzz in the Indian market as well.
Once launched in the Indian market, the Suzuki Jimny will be sold exclusively through the brand's premium NEXA dealerships, alongside the new Ignis, Ciaz and the XL5. Pricing for the Suzuki Jimny will be competitive as the company is looking at the local assembly of the SUV.
The Suzuki Jimny will be positioned above the other popular SUV, Vitara Brezza in the brand's product portfolio. Hence we can expect it to be priced slightly higher than the Brezza as well. Upon entry into the Indian market, the Suzuki Jimny will also be offered in a number of variants, along with a host of customisable options also being available.
In terms of mechanicals, the Maruti Suzuki Jimny Sierra will be powered by the 1.5-litre K-series petrol engine, which is compliant with the BS6 emission norms of the country. The engine on the Jimny is expected to produce the same power and torque figures as on the other models, however, official details are yet to be revealed.
The engine will also come mated to the same five-speed manual gearbox, with higher-spec trims being offered with the 4-speed torque-converter automatic transmission as well. Maruti Suzuki could also introduce the Jimny with their SHVS mild-hybrid technology in the Indian market.
Thoughts On The Maruti Suzuki Jimny Sierra Unveiled At The Auto Expo 2020
The Suzuki Jimny is one of the most-loved cars around the world, including the Indian market. Maruti Suzuki has been considering bringing the Jimny to the Indian market for quite a while and now has finally made its decision to go ahead and introduce it here.