- 9 hrs ago Piaggio Ape HT Three-Wheelers Launched In India At Rs 2.24 Lakh: Cargo & Passenger CNG Available
- 14 hrs ago Dakar Rally 2022: Audi RS Q e-Tron Unveiled For The Rally Race: Battery Capacity, Specs & Other Details
- 14 hrs ago 2021 Tata Tiago NRG Launching Soon — Design, Features & Other Details
- 15 hrs ago SSC Tuatara’s 500+Km/h Top Speed Record Proven Wrong; SSC Admits To Botched Up Figures
- Technology Flipkart Big Saving Days Sale 2021: Discount Offers On Best Selling Smartphones
- Movies Fahadh Faasil Starts Shooting For Vikram; Shares A Selfie With Kamal Haasan
- News Porn films case: 'Hidden' cupboard containing files of Raj Kundra’s finances found from his office wall
- Education JEE Main 2021 Session 3: Students Affected By Rains In Maharashtra To Get Another Chance
- Sports Tokyo 2020: After Rio debacle, Mirabai Chanu redeems herself at Tokyo
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Andaman and Nicobar Islands In August
- Finance ICICI Bank Reports Q1Fy22 Net Profit At Rs. 4616 crore
- Lifestyle Tokyo Olympics 2020: Know About India's Saikhom Mirabai Chanu Who Won Silver Medal In Weightlifting
The Maruti Suzuki Jimny is among the most highly anticipated launch in the Indian market. After the much-loved Gypsy getting discontinued in the country, the off-road enthusiasts are looking forward to the arrival of the Jimny in India. The Suzuki Jimny is already on sale in the various international market and has become a massive hit in the world.
According to the latest images posted by 4x4 India, the company seems to have completed assembling the first batch of Jimny SUV in the country. The assembled SUV is believed to have started as CKD kits, which were imported from Japan to India. The company has completed assembling the Jimny SUV at its Manesar facility in Haryana.
The assembled Jimny SUVs could hit the showrooms in India sometime next year. The company might display the off-road SUV at its premium Nexa dealerships to understand the market demand for three-door SUV in the country.
Although India might get the three-door version of the SUV initially, the company is expected to introduce a five-door version of the SUV in the Indian market. However, the five-door version is expected to arrive in the market only in 2022.
After the success enjoyed by the Jimny's closest rival the all-new Mahindra Thar, Maruti Suzuki might consider putting the three-door version of the SUV on sale in India. As is, the Jimny is being imported to Indian via the CKD route, which will also increase the pricing of the SUV if launched in India.
However, Maruti Suzuki might still price the Jimny aggressively due to the new import rules in India. According to the latest import rules, companies can import 2,500 vehicles via the CKD and CBU channels per year, without the need for homologation. However, all vehicles imported into the country have to meet International Automotive Standards.
As a result, the Maruti Suzuki Jimny is could be priced starting at around 10 lakh ex-showroom. If the pricing becomes a reality, Nexa showrooms will be having a festive season demand throughout the year.
Speaking about the Jimny, the off-road SUV will be powered by the 1.5-litre K-Series petrol engine, that currently powers a host of models in India. It produces a maximum of 103.2 bhp and a peak torque 138Nm.
The engine comes paired to a five-speed manual transmission or an optional four-speed automatic torque converter unit. The Jimny is expected to feature a four-wheel-drive transfer case and a low range transmission, as seen on the global-spec SUVs.
On the interiors, the rugged off-road SUV is expected to feature similar equipment carried from the global-spec models. These include a seven-inch infotainment system with support for both Apple CarPlay and Google Android Auto, and steering mounted controls; among others.
The off-roader is expected to come equipped with a host of safety features including an electronic stability program (eSP), traction control (TC), hill-hold assist, hill descent control, and six-airbags offering superior protection to its passengers.
Thoughts About Maruti Suzuki Jimny First Batch SUVs Assembled In India
The Maruti Suzuki Jimny features a nimble and plucky SUV design, that is capable of conquering any terrain. Once launched, the Suzuki Jimny is expected to well-received in the market because of the buzz surrounding the SUV. It will rival the all-new Mahindra Thar and the upcoming BS6 Force Gurkha, both of which are all also three-door SUVs.