- 58 min ago Kawasaki Bikes Offers & New-Year Discounts For January 2021: Benefits Of Rs 50,000 On Select Models
- 2 hrs ago Top Bike News Of The Week: Top Two-Wheeler Stories From Previous Week In The Market
- 3 hrs ago Top Car News Of The Week: Here Are The Main Headlines From The Week Gone By!
- 18 hrs ago 2021 Aprilia RSV4 and RSV4 Factory Revealed: Here Is Everything You Need To Know
- News Highest number of COVID-19 vaccines administered in UP on first day of inoculation
- Sports Nets' Harden enters NBA history books with triple-double, Lillard leads Blazers
- Technology Who Owns Hike Messenger? Which Country It Belongs To?
- Movies Bigg Boss Tamil 4: Aari Arjuna To Raise This Season’s Trophy?
- Lifestyle From Purple Hair To Blue Eye Shadow To Pink Lipstick, Lady Gaga’s Recent Look Is All About Colours
- Finance 3 Housing Finance Stocks That Can Generate Solid Returns
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Uttar Pradesh In January
- Education Bihar Board 12th Admit Card 2021, Download BSEB Intermediate Admit Card 2021 at biharboardonline.com
We already know that Maruti Suzuki is working on launching the Jimny SUV model in India. Based on the feedback received by potential customers, the company is also looking to produce a five-door version of the SUV for the Indian market.
According to recent reports from Times Now, the company is looking to make India an exclusive production hub for Jimny SUV. The automaker aims to produce both the three-door and the five-door Jimny models with locally sourced parts by 2022-23.
The reports also suggest that Maruti Suzuki to have already approached some Indian vendors in the past 6 months, to source parts for the upcoming five-door Jimny. The company could be assessing the feasibility for manufacturing the off-road SUV in the country.
The reason behind the move could be to support the ‘Atmanirbhar Bharat' movement, which is currently becoming a trend in the country. This will help boost business for local vendors and also help the company to price the product aggressively.
However, the Jimny will initially be assembled with the company importing the parts to the country. Only the three-door version of the off-road SUV is expected to be assembled in India. While the five-door version of the Jimny will be manufactured here and could also be exclusively sold only in the Indian market.
We expect the Jimny off-road SUV to be powered by the 1.5-litre K-Series petrol engine, that currently powers a host of models in India. It produces 103.2 bhp and 138Nm of torque and comes paired to a five-speed manual transmission or an optional four-speed automatic torque converter unit. The Jimny is expected to feature a four-wheel-drive transfer case and a low range transmission, as seen on the global-spec SUVs.
On the interiors, the rugged off-road SUV is expected to feature similar equipment carried from the global-spec models. These include a 7-inch infotainment system with support for both Apple CarPlay and Google Android Auto, and steering mounted controls; among others.
The off-roader is expected to come equipped with a host of safety features including an electronic stability program (eSP), traction control (TC), hill hold assist, hill descent control, and six-airbags offering superior protection to its passengers.
Thoughts About The Maruti Suzuki Jimny Exclusive Production Hub In India
Maruti Suzuki Jimny is among the most anticipated vehicles launches in the Indian market. Right from its first appearance at the 2020 Auto Expo, the off-road SUV has created a huge buzz in the country. Once launched, the Maruti Suzuki Jimny will rival the 2020 Mahindra Thar and Force Gurkha.