- 7 hrs ago Mahindra Trademarks XUV100, XUV400, XUV700 & XUV900 Names For Future SUVs
- 8 hrs ago 2021 TVS Apache RTR 160 4V Detailed Review — The Perfect Entry-Level Performance Motorcycle?
- 9 hrs ago Aprilia SXR 125 Prices Leaked Ahead Of India Launch: Here Are All The Details!
- 10 hrs ago FAME II Certification Validity Extended: Will It Benefit EV Market In India?
- Movies Vakeel Saab Day 6 Box Office Collection: Here’s How Much Pawan Kalyan Starrer Has Earned So Far
- Technology Amazon Smartphone Upgrade Days 2021: Discount Offers On Premium Mobiles
- Sports IPL 2021: Glenn Maxwell likens Royal Challengers Bangalore role to one at Australia
- News Pakistan working on single-dose COVID-19 vaccine with China’s help: Official
- Finance How to find IFSC Code?
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Mizoram In April
- Education Karnataka: No Online Exams For Higher Classes, Says Dy CM Ashwath Narayan
- Lifestyle Pretty In Pink! Alaya F’s Shimmery Eye Lids And Matte Lips Make For The Perfect Makeup Look For Date Night!
We already know that Maruti Suzuki is working on launching the Jimny SUV model in India. Based on the feedback received by potential customers, the company is also looking to produce a five-door version of the SUV for the Indian market.
According to recent reports from Times Now, the company is looking to make India an exclusive production hub for Jimny SUV. The automaker aims to produce both the three-door and the five-door Jimny models with locally sourced parts by 2022-23.
The reports also suggest that Maruti Suzuki to have already approached some Indian vendors in the past 6 months, to source parts for the upcoming five-door Jimny. The company could be assessing the feasibility for manufacturing the off-road SUV in the country.
The reason behind the move could be to support the ‘Atmanirbhar Bharat' movement, which is currently becoming a trend in the country. This will help boost business for local vendors and also help the company to price the product aggressively.
However, the Jimny will initially be assembled with the company importing the parts to the country. Only the three-door version of the off-road SUV is expected to be assembled in India. While the five-door version of the Jimny will be manufactured here and could also be exclusively sold only in the Indian market.
We expect the Jimny off-road SUV to be powered by the 1.5-litre K-Series petrol engine, that currently powers a host of models in India. It produces 103.2 bhp and 138Nm of torque and comes paired to a five-speed manual transmission or an optional four-speed automatic torque converter unit. The Jimny is expected to feature a four-wheel-drive transfer case and a low range transmission, as seen on the global-spec SUVs.
On the interiors, the rugged off-road SUV is expected to feature similar equipment carried from the global-spec models. These include a 7-inch infotainment system with support for both Apple CarPlay and Google Android Auto, and steering mounted controls; among others.
The off-roader is expected to come equipped with a host of safety features including an electronic stability program (eSP), traction control (TC), hill hold assist, hill descent control, and six-airbags offering superior protection to its passengers.
Thoughts About The Maruti Suzuki Jimny Exclusive Production Hub In India
Maruti Suzuki Jimny is among the most anticipated vehicles launches in the Indian market. Right from its first appearance at the 2020 Auto Expo, the off-road SUV has created a huge buzz in the country. Once launched, the Maruti Suzuki Jimny will rival the 2020 Mahindra Thar and Force Gurkha.