- 6 hrs ago Top Car News Of The Week: Important Highlights In Four-Wheeler Segment From Previous Week
- 8 hrs ago Top Bike News Of The Week: Important Highlights In Two-Wheeler Space From Previous Week
- 22 hrs ago Ather Energy To Enter Delhi Market Soon: The 450X To Be Priced Rs 15,000 Lower
- 1 day ago Independence Day: India’s Five Most Iconic Cars Which Changed The Landscape Of The Auto Industry
- Sports IPL 2020: Chennai Super Kings to organise a week's training camp at Chepauk; MS Dhoni, Suresh Raina to attend
- News Asked if I am Indian for not speaking in Hindi at airport: DMK'sKanimozhi
- Technology Xiaomi Redmi K30 Ultra, Mi 10 Ultra Anniversary Edition Leaks Online; Launch Set For August 11
- Movies Sushant Singh Case: Father KK Singh Files Counter Affidavit Before SC Against Rhea Chakraborty
- Lifestyle Samantha Akkineni Opts For A Gorgeous Blue Saree For Rana Daggubati’s Wedding
- Finance Mukesh Ambani Is Now The World's 4th Richest; Amasses $22 Billion This Year
- Travel 10 Incredible Places To Visit In Odisha In August 2020
- Education Kargil Vijay Diwas Quotes In English For Students
Maruti Suzuki India Limited (MSIL) has recently updated the feature list of the Ignis Zeta variant. The mid-spec variant now receives the brand's latest touchscreen infotainment system. With the new update, the Zeta variant has also received a price increase.
The Ignis Zeta variant is placed below the fully-loaded Alpha trim. The company has increased the prices for the updated variant by Rs 9,000. The Ignis Zeta with manual transmission now retails at Rs 5.98 lakh, while the AMT version costs Rs 6.45 lakh. All prices mentioned are ex-showroom (Delhi).
The Zeta variant used to feature a 2-DIN audio system that has now been replaced with the brand's latest iteration of SmartPlay studio infotainment system. It supports Apple CarPlay, Android Auto, and voice commands; among others. The screen is capable of displaying the feed from the reverse camera with parking guidelines as well.
Other features that are specific to the Zeta variant include alloy wheels, multifunction steering with mounted controls, rear wiper and washer, and a push-button start/stop; among others.
Some of the nice-to-have features that the Zeta variant misses out include LED headlamps with (DRLs) Daytime Running Lamps, automatic climate control, and the height-adjustable driver seat. All of these features are a part of top-spec Alpha trim.
On the outside, the hatchback features chunky looking front and rear bumpers, scuff plate, a roof-mounted spoiler, roof rails, body cladding all around the hatchback and more. The Ignis's front grille give the hatchback an imposing stance.
The Maruti Suzuki Ignis is powered by the same engine that is now updated to meet BS6 emission standards. The 1.2-litre petrol engine produces 83bhp and 113Nm of torque and comes mated to a five-speed manual transmission as standard. The Suzuki Ignis is also offered with an optional five-speed AMT transmission on the mid-spec and the top-spec trims of the hatchback.
Maruti Suzuki also announced that it has received over 5,000 bookings for the Ignis hatchback in the country. This new milestone has been achieved during the on-going Covid-19 pandemic and the resulting lockdown that was announced in the country.
Thoughts About The Maruti Suzuki Ignis Zeta Variant Receiving New Feature Upgrade
Maruti Suzuki has given the mid-spec variant a very functional update. The infotainment systems play a vital role in the in-cabin experience of a vehicle. However, the new update also comes with a new price increase of Rs 9,000. Considering a cost for an aftermarket system to cost a little more than that, we feel it is a good deal, especially being a factory fitment.