- 1 hr ago Maruti Suzuki Subscription Launched For New Cars In Delhi, NCR & Bangalore
- 2 hrs ago Benelli Imperiale 400 Finance Scheme Announced In India: Low EMI Offer
- 16 hrs ago Okinawa Oki100 Electric Motorcycle Details Revealed: To Be Launched During Festive Season This Year
- 17 hrs ago Harley-Davidson Exit India: American Brand Shuts Down Operations As Part Of New Global Strategy
- Finance Credit Shell Refund For Only Passengers Who Booked Air-Tickets Directly: DGCA
- News Hero of the zero hour: This session of Lok Sabha saw record productivity
- Movies Vikas Gupta Slams Media For Following Deepika Padukone’s Car; Says ‘It Seems You’ll Are High’
- Sports IPL 2020: Match 7: Chennai Super Kings vs Delhi Capitals: Predicted XI, Head to head record, India timing, live streamin
- Technology LG Wing Teardown Video Reveals Key Details: Best Dual Screen Phone?
- Education MPSOS Result 2020 Declared For Class 10 And Class 12 Ruk Jana Nahi August Exams
- Lifestyle Khaali Peeli: Ananya Panday Flaunts Her Western As Well As Desi Looks In The Trailer
- Travel Top 10 Places To Visit In October To Welcome The Beginning Of Winter
Maruti Suzuki has announced that it has sold over 7 lakh Eeco units in the India market. The MPV has achieved a new sales milestone for the brand in 10 years of its production. The Eeco caters to both private and commercial segment in the country.
The Eeco was first launched in 2010 and registered over 1 lakh units sales within just two years of its launch in the country. The MPV followed up by registering another 1 lakh units sold by the end of 2014 financial year.
It was instantly recognized as an ideal vehicle for delivering cargo for commercial use. Catering to the demand, Maruti Suzuki launched a variant called the Eeco Cargo for the commercial segment in 2015.
It rapidly increased the sales of the Eeco MPV and registered 1 lakh units sales for the next three years. This meant by the end of 2018, the Eeco achieved its 5 lakh units sales milestone for the brand. Fast-forwarding to the current year, the MPV continues its streak of registering 1 lakh unit sales for Maruti Suzuki.
Maruti Suzuki has given the BS6 update to the Eeco MPV to comply with the latest emission standards in the country. The new Maruti Eeco BS6 is offered with a starting price of Rs 4.64 lakh, ex-showroom (Delhi).
It is available for private customers in either a five or seven-seater configurations and comes in a total of 12 variants. Maruti Suzuki also offers the Eeco in Cargo and Ambulance options for commercial use.
The Eeco also becomes compliant to the latest crash norms followed in India. It features all the safety equipment needed to comply with new norms including dual airbags, ABS with EBD, reverse parking sensors, seat-belt reminder, high-speed warnings and more.
The Eeco is powered by a 1.2-litre, four-cylinder engine that produces 72bhp and 98Nm of peak torque. It comes mated to a five-speed manual transmission. The company also offers the Eeco with a factory-fitted CNG kit. The engine in CNG mode produces 61bhp and 85Nm of peak torque. In CNG mode the company claims the Eeco will return a mileage of 20.88km/kg.
Thoughts About The Maruti Suzuki Eeco's 7 Lakh Unit Sales
The Eeco has been among the top sellers for the brand in the Indian market. The MPV features a versatile design that suits both private and commercial vehicle buyers. It is also easy to maintain with low running costs and enhanced fuel efficiency making for a hassle-free ownership experience.