- 11 min ago Suzuki Katana Unveiled In Two New Paint Schemes: Here Are All The Details
- 1 hr ago Honda To Discontinue The Diesel Civic As The BS6 Norms Kick In
- 1 hr ago Bajaj Pulsar 180F BS6 Model Launched In India At Rs 1.08 Lakh, Ex-Showroom Delhi
- 2 hrs ago Mercedes Benz India Sets Up Temporary Hospital For COVID-19 Patients In Pune
- Lifestyle Rashami Desai Dresses Up In A Gorgeous Patiala Suit And Jewellery To Celebrate Rama Navami At Home
- Movies Trivikram Srinivas Wants To Reunite With Mahesh Babu For A Film?
- Technology OnePlus 8 Pro Leaked Render Reveals New Ultramarine Blue Color Variant Ahead Of April 14 Launch
- Sports He has played cricket hardly for a year, wants to have a competition with me: Rohit Sharma brutally trolls Rishabh Pant
- Finance How to Avail ICICI Bank Credit Card, Loan EMI Moratorium ?
- News Health Ministry issues guidelines for dialysis of COVID-19 infected patients
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Tamil Nadu In April
- Education Coronavirus Outbreak: NTA Helpline Numbers Released For JEE Main & NEET Aspirants
Maruti Suzuki Dzire diesel variant has been discontinued in India. The 2020 Dzire facelift model was launched recently featuring a host of design changes. However, the new model is no longer offered with a diesel powertrain.
The company had confirmed that they will stop manufacturing of smaller-capacity diesel engines to comply with the BS6 emission norms. The 1.3-litre multijet diesel engine powering the older BS4 Dzire was sourced from Fiat. However, Fiat decided to discontinue the production of the diesel engine due to its outdated technology, and increased costs to make the engine comply with BS6 emission norms.
Maruti Suzuki also confirmed that if the demand for diesel engines continues to increase after the BS6 shift in India, they will look at introducing a new diesel engine option in their line-up. While rumours are going on about Maruti working to make the 1.6-litre diesel engine that once powered the S-Cross to achieve BS6 compliance, there are not many reports about the workings from the company.
Having a bigger capacity diesel engine would make it practical for manufacturers as it could power a whole line-up of vehicles in different segments. For example, the 1.6-litre engine will be enough to power the Vitara Brezza SUV, The Ertiga MPV, the S-Cross hatchback and the Dzire Sedan from the company's line-up.
The new Maruti Suzuki Dzire is available with a single petrol engine option: a 1.2-litre, the four-cylinder unit produces 81bhp and a peak torque of 133Nm. The engine comes paired to a five-speed manual gearbox and an optional five-speed (AGS) automatic transmission offered on the higher variants.
Other features include a new front fascia with new LED projector headlamps, a new front grille and a reworked bumper design, and new 15-inch precision cut alloy wheels; among others.
On the inside, it features the company's latest SmartPlay Studio touchscreen infotainment system, a new dual-tone steering wheel finished in wood, and a new instrument cluster with Multi-Information Display (MID). The new sedan features updated safety features and a new price tag — here are more details.
The Maruti Suzuki Dzire rivals the Honda Amaze, the Ford Aspire, the Toyota Platinum Etios and the recently launched Hyundai Aura. The company has updated the new Dzire with latest features and technology, however, some of its rivals continue to offer a diesel powertrain option.
In other news, Maruti plans to expand their presence in the commercial vehicle space by adding new models to its Tour range. The company also sells the Super Carry and Eeco models as light commercial vehicles — here are the complete details.
Thoughts About The Maruti Suzuki Dzire Facelift (2020) Launch In India
The Maruti Suzuki Dzire has been a bestseller in the segment with a majority of diesel models being sold in the country. However, its segment rivals the Hyundai Aura and the Honda Amaze will continue to offer the diesel engines. What remains to be seen is whether the Dzire will retain its best-seller title in the segment without a diesel powertrain option.