- 4 hrs ago HRC Sign Pol Espargaro For 2021: Alex Marquez Moved To LCR Honda With 2-Year Contract Extension
- 6 hrs ago Kia Sonet World Premiere To Be Held In India Next Month: Here Are All The Details
- 6 hrs ago Honda Introduces ‘Unused Vehicle’ Campaign For Unsold BS4 Two Wheelers
- 11 hrs ago Bajaj Announces Second Price Hike For Select Models After BS6 Update: Here Is The New Price List
- News Trump administration rescinds rule on foreign students
- Movies Mammootty's The Priest: The Team Makes A Major Announcement!
- Sports 30 former South Africa cricketers issue statement supporting Black Lives Matter movement
- Technology OnePlus Nord To Feature 105-Degree Wide-Angle Selfie Camera; Company Confirms
- Lifestyle 9 Effective Home Remedies To Whiten Dark Feet
- Finance Walmart Raises Stake In Flipkart
- Travel 10 Incredible Places To Visit In Rajasthan In July
- Education USA To Withdraw Student Visas If Classes Move Fully Online
Maruti Suzuki India Limited has been undertaking several initiatives to support its employees and the local communities around its facilities in Haryana in light of the nationwide lock down that has followed the Covid-19 outbreak.
The company's efforts are in sync with local government guidelines and directions that are in place to fight Covid-19. The brand is fully committed to using all its resources to support the health challenge.
Maruti has been using its in-house canteens to prepare hygienic meals for its temporary labour force and student trainees staying at village communities around its Gurugram and Manesar plants.
The company has been distributing over 5,400 such cooked food packets every day for both lunch and dinner. As is, the company has distributed over 1.2 lakh food packets over the course of the last three weeks.
In addition, the company is supporting the Gurugram administration by providing almost 500 kits of dry rations on a daily basis. Working in association with the Indian Red Cross Society, these dry ration kits are distributed at nearby villages, and include daily use items like rice, wheat flour, cooking oil, sugar, and soap. The company has distributed 10,000 such packet over the last three weeks.
Maruti is also carrying out waste collection and is supporting the sanitization activities at these villages. The company has installed 17 Water ATMs across 16 villages with the aim of providing and clean water to the inhabitants.
Access to the water ATMs is available to all, and water is dispensed with strict social distancing norms at Rs 0.35 per litre. This initiative has increased health conditions, and is supported by the village community leaders.
Close to 4,500 litres of clean water is dispensed at the Aliyar village, and 3,800 litres at the Dhana Village at Manesar. Built on a self-sustaining model, these water ATMs have a capacity to generate over 1,000 litres of drinkable water ever hour.
The water ATMs are fitted with a Water Quality display screen. The Water Quality display screen shows the purity of water in terms of (TDS) Total Dissolved Solids, temperature and Ph level for the users.
Mr Rajesh Uppal, a Member of the Executive Board for Human Resources, Information Technology, and Safety at Maruti Suzuki India Limited said, "We are aligned with Government of India's directives to fight the Covid-19 pandemic and are working towards the safety and well-being of our employees and communities around our manufacturing units."
"Regular communication is being undertaken with all regular and outsourced employees through established employee communication channels. In a unique initiative, we are also connecting with family members of employees through video conferencing to engage and motivate them during lock down days," he added.
Using technological tools, the company has also launched an online Family Connect program. The program alloys employees of the company to reach out to their families via video calls. The unique online outreach program is being utilized to engage families with continuous communication and motivate them during the lock down.
Thoughts About Maruti Suzuki's Fresh Water And Video Connectivity Initiatives
We're sure all the company's employees who are still based close to the manufacturing facilities must be relieved to be able to communicate with their families without having to worry about connectivity problems. In addition, setting up water ATMs is a fantastic thing to have done. Thank you Maruti Suzuki!