- 3 hrs ago Maruti Suzuki Swift Sales Cross 23 Lakh Units Mark: Becomes Best-Selling Car Of 2020
- 4 hrs ago Nissan Magnite Bookings Cross 35,000 Units Mark: New Milestone Achieved By The Brand
- 6 hrs ago Ampere Electric Scooter Sales Cross 75,000 Units: 300th Dealership Opened In India
- 6 hrs ago Skoda Karoq Restock Expected Soon In India: Could Be Locally Assembled
- News Rahul assures revisiting GST when Cong is voted to power at Centre
- Finance FM Launches Mobile App for Union Budget 2021
- Sports McIlroy turns tables on Hatton to set up thrilling final day
- Movies Larry King Of Larry King Live Fame Passes Away At The Age Of 87
- Lifestyle 17 Herbal Remedies To Get Rid Of Hot Flashes
- Education SBI SCO Admit Card 2021 Released, Check Direct Link To Download
- Technology Realme X7 Series RAM, Storage, And Color Options Leaked; Launch Expected For February 4
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Maharashtra In January 2021
The Maruti Suzuki Alto becomes the best-selling car in the Indian market. The company announced that the hatchback cross 40 lakh units sold in the country. The Alto was first introduced in the year 2000 and it been on sale for 16 years.
According to the company, Alto is the preferred choice of Indian car buyers. Around 76 per cent of Alto customers choose it as their first car. The company has provided the Alto with regular update and new technology offerings.
Speaking on the success, Mr Shashank Srivastava, Executive Director (Marketing & Sales), Maruti Suzuki India Limited, said, "Alto has been ranked as the No.1 selling car in India for 16th year in a row and we are immensely proud to announce another remarkable milestone of 40 lakh cumulative sales. This has become a sales record never achieved by any other Indian car."
He added "Over the years, brand Alto has established a strong emotional connection with our customers and has become a strong symbol of Pride. We would like to dedicate this achievement to all our proud and happy Alto family members who have trusted and supported us in this journey to become India's Favourite Car."
After losing its spot for the top-selling car of the month during May 2020. The hatchback regains the top position during June and July 2020. It registered 7,298 units and 13,654 units, respectively.
The Alto hatchback now retails at a starting price of Rs 2.4 lakh, while the top-spec LXI (O) CNG variant costs Rs 4.36 lakh. All prices mentioned are ex-showroom (Delhi).
The hatchback is powered by a BS-VI compliant 800cc three-cylinder petrol engine. It produces 47.3bhp and 69Nm of torque. The engine comes mated to a five-speed manual gearbox as standard.
Maruti Suzuki is also offering the hatchback with a factory-fitted CNG kit. In the CNG mode, the engine produces 40.36bhp and 60Nm of torque. The hatchback returns a claimed mileage of 22.05km/l and 31.59km/kg in CNG variants.
On the inside, the hatchback features dual-tone interiors with a fabric seat upholstery offered on the top trims. Other interior features include an infotainment system with Bluetooth connectivity for smartphone pairing, central locking doors, remote keyless entry and air conditioning.
This Smart Play Dock featured on the Alto's infotainment system transforms the phone into a touch interface to access calls, music, navigation and more. It also comes equipped with standard safety features including a reverse parking sensor, multiple airbags, and ABS; among others.
Thoughts About The Maruti Suzuki Alto Sales Crosses 40 Lakh Units
The Maruti Suzuki Alto is among the most affordable hatchback sold in the Indian market. The Indian automaker has enjoyed the success of the hatchback across various markets including urban and rural areas. This is mainly because of its low maintenance and minimum running costs.