- 1 day ago EMoS WYLD Electric Cruiser Motorcycle Unveiled: Here Are The Details
- 1 day ago BMW R 18 Cruiser Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 18.90 Lakh
- 1 day ago Delhi Government Working On Setting Up 200 New EV Charging Stations Across The City Soon
- 2 days ago Ducati Scrambler 1100 Teased Ahead Of Launch: Will Arrive In Two Variants
- News Schools to reopen in these states from Monday: Check list
- Sports Premier League: Chelsea 0-2 Liverpool: Mane at the double as Kepa makes another howler
- Lifestyle ICW 2020: Amid Pandemic, Rahul Mishra’s Lotus Pond Collection Exudes A Soothing Effect
- Movies Kareena Kapoor Khan Reflects Upon Life Before 40th Birthday, Shares A Glimpse Of Her Birthday Prep!
- Finance Loan Against Mutual Funds: Should You Avail It?
- Technology Logitech MX Master 3 Review: The Only Wireless Mouse Your Will Ever Need
- Education ICSI Quiz Competition 2020 For Online Current Affairs And General Knowledge
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Andaman and Nicobar Islands In September
The Maruti Suzuki Alto becomes the best-selling car in the Indian market. The company announced that the hatchback cross 40 lakh units sold in the country. The Alto was first introduced in the year 2000 and it been on sale for 16 years.
According to the company, Alto is the preferred choice of Indian car buyers. Around 76 per cent of Alto customers choose it as their first car. The company has provided the Alto with regular update and new technology offerings.
Speaking on the success, Mr Shashank Srivastava, Executive Director (Marketing & Sales), Maruti Suzuki India Limited, said, "Alto has been ranked as the No.1 selling car in India for 16th year in a row and we are immensely proud to announce another remarkable milestone of 40 lakh cumulative sales. This has become a sales record never achieved by any other Indian car."
He added "Over the years, brand Alto has established a strong emotional connection with our customers and has become a strong symbol of Pride. We would like to dedicate this achievement to all our proud and happy Alto family members who have trusted and supported us in this journey to become India's Favourite Car."
After losing its spot for the top-selling car of the month during May 2020. The hatchback regains the top position during June and July 2020. It registered 7,298 units and 13,654 units, respectively.
The Alto hatchback now retails at a starting price of Rs 2.4 lakh, while the top-spec LXI (O) CNG variant costs Rs 4.36 lakh. All prices mentioned are ex-showroom (Delhi).
The hatchback is powered by a BS-VI compliant 800cc three-cylinder petrol engine. It produces 47.3bhp and 69Nm of torque. The engine comes mated to a five-speed manual gearbox as standard.
Maruti Suzuki is also offering the hatchback with a factory-fitted CNG kit. In the CNG mode, the engine produces 40.36bhp and 60Nm of torque. The hatchback returns a claimed mileage of 22.05km/l and 31.59km/kg in CNG variants.
On the inside, the hatchback features dual-tone interiors with a fabric seat upholstery offered on the top trims. Other interior features include an infotainment system with Bluetooth connectivity for smartphone pairing, central locking doors, remote keyless entry and air conditioning.
This Smart Play Dock featured on the Alto's infotainment system transforms the phone into a touch interface to access calls, music, navigation and more. It also comes equipped with standard safety features including a reverse parking sensor, multiple airbags, and ABS; among others.
Thoughts About The Maruti Suzuki Alto Sales Crosses 40 Lakh Units
The Maruti Suzuki Alto is among the most affordable hatchback sold in the Indian market. The Indian automaker has enjoyed the success of the hatchback across various markets including urban and rural areas. This is mainly because of its low maintenance and minimum running costs.