- 12 min ago Tata Gravitas Has Been Spotted Testing Ahead Of Its India Launch: Spy Pics & Details
- 23 hrs ago Top Car News Of The Week: Here Are Some Of The Highlights From The Auto Industry Last Week
- 24 hrs ago Top Bike News Of The Week: BMW F 900 R, F 900 XR, Versys 1000, BattRE Scooters Launched & More
- 1 day ago Triumph Scrambler 1200 Bond Edition Revealed: Limited To 250 Units Worldwide
- Sports Legendary hockey player Balbir Singh Sr passes away
- Lifestyle Happy Birthday Karan Johar: Stylish Looks That Proves He Has Distinctive Fashion Sense
- Finance Why Zee Entertainment Shares Could Fall On Tuesday?
- News For bicycle girl Jyoti, studying is the first priority
- Movies Eid 2020: Four Memorable Eid Releases That Bollywood Has Seen Over The Years
- Technology Moto G8 Power Lite Vs Other Budget Smartphones Under Rs. 10,000
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Jammu & Kashmir In May
- Education CBSE Cyber Safety Handbook For Students Classes 9 To 12
Maruti Suzuki India Limited has officially discontinued the Maruti Alto K10. The hatchback was the more powerful variant of the company's entry-level offering. The Alto is now available only in its 796cc three-cylinder avatar.
The company has not removed the vehicle listing from its official website, but has positively stopped manufacturing the Maruti Alto K10. Dealerships however, are still selling the model with the idea of clearing stocks.
The Maruti Alto K10 was available with 998cc BS4 compliant three-cylinder petrol engine that produced 67bhp of power and 90Nm of torque. Transmission options included a five-speed manual, and a five-speed automatic.
The Alto K10 model was also available with a 998cc three-cylinder CNG engine that produced 58bhp of power and 78Nm of torque. This engine came mated to a five-speed manual transmission.
The first-generation Maruti Alto K10 was launched during 2010, the second-generation during 2014, and a facelift model during 2019. The outgoing facelift model featured minor design changes, and additional safety features like ABS with EBD, a driver's side airbag, rear parking sensors, a seat belt reminder, and a high-speed alert system.
The now discontinued Alto K10 is currently priced between Rs 3.72 lakh and Rs 4.51 lakh (ex-showroom, India), and will be available until stocks last or 31 March 2020, whichever comes earlier.
The company's decision to discontinue the Alto K10 comes from the massive interest and success of the Maruti S-Presso mini SUV. The S-Presso became an overnight sensation and continues to do very well in the domestic market.
The more powerful S-Presso model features a BS6 compliant 998cc petrol engine that produces 68bhp of power and 90Nm of torque. The engine comes mated to a five-speed manual transmission, and an optional AGS transmission.
The current-generation Maruti S-Presso is available at between Rs 3.69 lakh and Rs 4.91 lakh (ex-showroom, India)
Thoughts About The Maruti Alto K10 Discontinued
Honestly we're upset to see the Alto K10 discontinued. The K10 model has been one of the company's bestsellers, offered an exhilarating drive, and a fair amount of space. Well, goodbye Alto K10, fare ye well, and rust in peace.