- Technology List Of Smartphones Expected To Launch In 2022
- Sports Premier League: Watford 1-3 Manchester City: Silva at the double as champions go top
- Finance Stocks To Buy: Bluechip Stocks That Are Down More Than 30% From Highs
- News Days after recommending booster dose, INSACOG says more experiments needed to assess its impact
- Movies Bigg Boss 5 Tamil Elimination This Week: Abishek Raaja Gets Eliminated Again!
- Lifestyle Your Eye Shadow Looks Sorted Ft. Malaika Arora And Shilpa Shetty Kundra
- Education UPSC Geo Scientist Final Result 2021 Declared, Steps To Check Combined Geo-Scientist Exam Final Result
- Travel Budget Friendly Winter Places To Visit Around Dispur
The Maruti Suzuki Alto has retained its crown as the country's best-selling car for the 16th consecutive year. The hatchback has rather consistently remained 'the' choice for first time car owners.
The first-generation Maruti Alto was launched during the September of 2002, and has witnessed an increasing rise in popularity over close to two decades.
The Alto first became India's best-selling car in 2004. No other vehicle has been mass accepted like Maruti's hatchback. Acceptance by the masses has resulted in the car remaining the largest selling model in a highly competitive segment for the last 16 years.
Maruti Suzuki said that the Alto has been adapted and reinvented over the years in order to stay relevant in the fast evolving domestic car market. The brand says that the Alto is a winner because of its blend of compact modern design, easy manoeuvrability, high fuel efficiency and its safety features.
Featuring a new aero-edge design and new-age safety features, the Alto offers a fantastic ownership experience. The brand's current models feature a new front grille, a redesigned bumper, and a large central air dam.
While the new models look more or less like it previous models, Maruti has removed the ‘800' badging. The vehicle is either powered by a BS6 compliant 796cc three-cylinder petrol engine, or a CNG engine, both of which produce 48 brake horsepower and 69 Newton-meters of torque. The engine comes mated to a five-speed manual transmission.
Features on Maruti Suzuki Alto include a dual-tone dashboard, a double DIN infotainment system, and USB, Bluetooth and AUX connectivity. The top-of-the-line variants also feature keyless entry, central door locking, power windows at the front, and internally adjustable ORVMs among others.
Safety features include ABS with EBD, driver side airbags, a seat-belt reminder system, a high-speed alert system and reverse parking sensors - all offered as standard.
Available in eight variants and six colours, the Maruti Suzuki Alto models are priced between Rs 3 lakh and Rs 4.37 lakh, ex-showroom India.
Thoughts About The Alto Retaining Its India's Best-Selling Car Title
Maruti has always manufactured vehicles like the masses have loved. The 800, the Alto, and Swift, and the Desire are just some models that have been mass accepted. The company has been setting records over the last few years, and the Alto staying at the number one stop is another feather in the hat! Kudos to Maruti Suzuki.