- 3 hrs ago HRC Sign Pol Espargaro For 2021: Alex Marquez Moved To LCR Honda With 2-Year Contract Extension
- 4 hrs ago Kia Sonet World Premiere To Be Held In India Next Month: Here Are All The Details
- 5 hrs ago Honda Introduces ‘Unused Vehicle’ Campaign For Unsold BS4 Two Wheelers
- 9 hrs ago Bajaj Announces Second Price Hike For Select Models After BS6 Update: Here Is The New Price List
- Movies Mammootty's The Priest: The Team Makes A Major Announcement!
- Sports 30 former South Africa cricketers issue statement supporting Black Lives Matter movement
- News Sanjay Jha suspended from Congress for 'anti-party activities
- Technology OnePlus Nord To Feature 105-Degree Wide-Angle Selfie Camera; Company Confirms
- Lifestyle 9 Effective Home Remedies To Whiten Dark Feet
- Finance Walmart Raises Stake In Flipkart
- Travel 10 Incredible Places To Visit In Rajasthan In July
- Education USA To Withdraw Student Visas If Classes Move Fully Online
The Maruti Suzuki Alto has retained its crown as the country's best-selling car for the 16th consecutive year. The hatchback has rather consistently remained 'the' choice for first time car owners.
The first-generation Maruti Alto was launched during the September of 2002, and has witnessed an increasing rise in popularity over close to two decades.
The Alto first became India's best-selling car in 2004. No other vehicle has been mass accepted like Maruti's hatchback. Acceptance by the masses has resulted in the car remaining the largest selling model in a highly competitive segment for the last 16 years.
Maruti Suzuki said that the Alto has been adapted and reinvented over the years in order to stay relevant in the fast evolving domestic car market. The brand says that the Alto is a winner because of its blend of compact modern design, easy manoeuvrability, high fuel efficiency and its safety features.
Featuring a new aero-edge design and new-age safety features, the Alto offers a fantastic ownership experience. The brand's current models feature a new front grille, a redesigned bumper, and a large central air dam.
While the new models look more or less like it previous models, Maruti has removed the ‘800' badging. The vehicle is either powered by a BS6 compliant 796cc three-cylinder petrol engine, or a CNG engine, both of which produce 48 brake horsepower and 69 Newton-meters of torque. The engine comes mated to a five-speed manual transmission.
Features on Maruti Suzuki Alto include a dual-tone dashboard, a double DIN infotainment system, and USB, Bluetooth and AUX connectivity. The top-of-the-line variants also feature keyless entry, central door locking, power windows at the front, and internally adjustable ORVMs among others.
Safety features include ABS with EBD, driver side airbags, a seat-belt reminder system, a high-speed alert system and reverse parking sensors - all offered as standard.
Available in eight variants and six colours, the Maruti Suzuki Alto models are priced between Rs 3 lakh and Rs 4.37 lakh, ex-showroom India.
Thoughts About The Alto Retaining Its India's Best-Selling Car Title
Maruti has always manufactured vehicles like the masses have loved. The 800, the Alto, and Swift, and the Desire are just some models that have been mass accepted. The company has been setting records over the last few years, and the Alto staying at the number one stop is another feather in the hat! Kudos to Maruti Suzuki.