- 48 min ago Royal Enfield Bullet 350 Price Increase Announced Again: Here Is The Complete Price List
- 3 hrs ago MG Hector Production Cross 50,000 Units Mark: Milestone SUV Produced By All-Women Crew
- 5 hrs ago Suzuki Burgman Electric Scooter Spied Testing Ahead Of Launch: Spy Pics & Details
- 5 hrs ago Toyota Urban Cruiser Review (Road Test): Is It Different Or Better Than The Vitara Brezza?
- Sports India vs England: Axar Patel picks up second consecutive fifer in Pink Ball Test, claims unique feat
- Lifestyle What To Know About Buruli Ulcer, A Flesh-Eating Disease Spreading In Australia
- News From flashy diamantaire to fugitive: Nirav Modi's long road to extradition in PNB scam
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Himachal Pradesh In March
- Technology Vivo X60 Receives Indonesia Telecom, BIS Certifications; Launch Expected Soon
- Movies Sushmita Sen Confirms Aarya 2, Says ‘Your Wish Is Our Command'
- Finance NIDHI Company: Things to Know Before Investing
- Education Assam Sericulture Admit Card 2021 Released, Download Grade 4 Hall Ticket At sericulture.assam.gov.in
Maruti Suzuki, India's largest car manufacturer has announced that the company registered 0 units of sales in the month of April 2020. This is because of the COVID-19 pandemic which put the entire nation under lockdown last month.
Amidst the COVID-19 pandemic, Maruti Suzuki announced the suspension of all its operations in India since the last week of March 2020. The company did, however, receive an approval to resume partial operations in the last week of April.
With partial operations having resumed at Maruti Suzuki's plant, the company did manage to register export sales of 632 units, amidst the lockdown. The company exported the units from the Mundra port while exercising all the safety and social distancing norms of the government.
Automotive manufacturers believe that even with production in India set to resume, vehicle sales will continue to remain muted. This is mainly due to the low customer sentiments to make a big purchase during this unprecedented situation.
Signs of a sales slowdown were clearly seen in March itself. Maruti Suzuki themselves registered a major 46% decline in sales. The company registered 79,080 units of domestic sales in March 2020, compared to 1,47,613 units during the same month in 2019.
During the month of April 2020 itself, Maruti Suzuki has been busy supporting the government, both central and state; towards the fight against COVID-19. The company has offered donations to the various relief funds, partnered with companies to help scale up production of medical equipment and aids, such as Ventilators, PPEs and others.
Maruti Suzuki even formed an alliance with its supplier network such as Krishna Maruti Limited to produce 3-ply face masks. The brand's other supplier Bharat Seats Limited is currently producing protective clothing for doctors and other healthcare workers, fighting the COVID-19 pandemic in the country.
Thoughts About The Maruti Suzuki Sales Report For April 2020
Maruti Suzuki isn't the only one to register 0 units of sales in April 2020. Almost all vehicle manufacturers have a similar report for the previous month. The low sales are also expected to extend further going forward into May and probably even June as well.