- 7 hrs ago Excess Fuel Filled At Petrol Pumps: Most Times It’s Because Of The Vehicle
- 8 hrs ago Best-Selling Cars In India In June 2020: Maruti Alto Regains Top Slot As Seltos Closes In On Creta
- 8 hrs ago Bajaj Auto Sales Figures For June 2020: Brand Registers 31 Percent Decline In Demand
- 9 hrs ago Nissan Ariya Electric Vehicle To Be Globally Unveiled On 15 July
- Movies Dil Bechara Actress Sanjana Sanghi Clarifies She Was Not Saying Goodbye To Mumbai With Her Post
- Sports Sheffield United 3-1 Tottenham: Berge and Mousset sink Spurs amid VAR controversy
- News Delhi plasma bank: Ten people donate plasma on Day 1; three recipients
- Finance IDBI Bank Enters Rs. 50000 Cr Market-Cap Club;Ranks Ahead Of PNB, IndusInd Bank
- Technology Vivo S1 Pro Gets Rs. 1,000 Price Cut In India; Checkout New Price Here
- Lifestyle 10 Tips To Keep Your Vagina Healthy
- Travel 10 Incredibly Scenic Places To Visit In South India In July 2020
- Education IIT Madras Launches World’s First Online BSc Degree In Programming And Data Science
Maruti Suzuki has launched the S-Presso hatchback with a factory-fitted S-CNG technology. The new Maruti S-Presso CNG model is offered with a starting price of Rs 4.84 lakh, ex-showroom (Delhi).
The new Maruti S-Presso is the latest product in the brand's lineup to be offered with a CNG-powered unit. Others also include the WagonR, Alto, Ertiga to name a few. The Maruti Suzuki S-Presso CNG model is offered in four variants: LXi, LXi (O), VXi and VXi(O).
While the base model is priced at Rs 4.84 lakh, the top-spec S-Presso CNG VXi(O) model is offered with a price tag of Rs 5.13 lakh. The mid-spec variants are priced at Rs 4.90 lakh for the LXi (O) and Rs 5.07 lakh for the VXi variants. All prices are ex-showroom (Delhi).
The new Maruti S-Presso CNG model is powered by the same 998cc three-cylinder engine. The CNG-powered unit produces 58bhp at 5500rpm and 70Nm of torque at 3500rpm and is mated to a five-speed manual gearbox as standard.
Comparatively, the petrol-powered model produces slightly higher power and torque figures at 67bhp at 5500rpm and 90Nm of torque at 3500rpm. This engine is also mated to a five-speed manual although an AMT automatic transmission is also offered as optional on the higher-spec variants.
The Maruti S-Presso CNG model is BS6-compliant and comes with a 55-litre tank capacity. Maruti Suzuki claims that the S-Presso CNG model is capable of delivering fuel efficiency of 31.2km/kg.
Apart from the changes in powertrain, the CNG variants remain identical to its petrol-powered siblings. The CNG-powered variants also offer all the features and equipment. This includes a bunch of features including a host of comfort, convenience and safety equipment, many of which are standard across variants as well.
Thoughts On The Maruti Suzuki S-Presso CNG Model Launch In India
The Maruti S-Presso joins the likes of other models from the brand which are also offered with factory-fitted CNG technology. This includes the WagonR, Alto, Ertiga and the likes. The new Maruti S-Presso CNG rivals the likes of the Hyundai Santro CNG in the Indian market.