- 5 hrs ago 2021 Honda Rebel 1100 Globally Unveiled: Will It Come To India?
- 5 hrs ago 2021 Volvo S60 Sedan Unveiled: India Launch Scheduled For March Next Year
- 8 hrs ago 2021 Skoda Octavia India Launch Expected Timeline Revealed: Here Are All Details
- 9 hrs ago Supreme Court’s Final Order On FADA’s Plea For BS4 Vehicle Registration
- News Yediyurappa defers decision to add Lingayats in backward caste list
- Movies The Hindi Rights Of Dhruva Sarja’s Pogaru Sold For Rs 7.2 Crore, The Film May Release On December 25 Or January 14
- Sports ISL 2020-21: East Bengal vs ATK Mohun Bagan: Krishna, Manvir help ATKMB triumph in historic derby
- Technology Samsung Galaxy S21+ Bags BIS Certification; India Launch Imminent
- Finance India's Fiscal Deficit Reaches 120% Of Yearly Target In Apr-Oct
- Lifestyle Quotes, Wishes And Messages To Share On 50th Wedding Anniversary
- Education Indian Air Force Airmen Result 2020 Declared For Group X And Y, Check Phase-II Details
- Travel Romantic Places for Couples To Visit In India This Holiday Season
Maruti Suzuki has launched the S-Presso hatchback with a factory-fitted S-CNG technology. The new Maruti S-Presso CNG model is offered with a starting price of Rs 4.84 lakh, ex-showroom (Delhi).
The new Maruti S-Presso is the latest product in the brand's lineup to be offered with a CNG-powered unit. Others also include the WagonR, Alto, Ertiga to name a few. The Maruti Suzuki S-Presso CNG model is offered in four variants: LXi, LXi (O), VXi and VXi(O).
While the base model is priced at Rs 4.84 lakh, the top-spec S-Presso CNG VXi(O) model is offered with a price tag of Rs 5.13 lakh. The mid-spec variants are priced at Rs 4.90 lakh for the LXi (O) and Rs 5.07 lakh for the VXi variants. All prices are ex-showroom (Delhi).
The new Maruti S-Presso CNG model is powered by the same 998cc three-cylinder engine. The CNG-powered unit produces 58bhp at 5500rpm and 70Nm of torque at 3500rpm and is mated to a five-speed manual gearbox as standard.
Comparatively, the petrol-powered model produces slightly higher power and torque figures at 67bhp at 5500rpm and 90Nm of torque at 3500rpm. This engine is also mated to a five-speed manual although an AMT automatic transmission is also offered as optional on the higher-spec variants.
The Maruti S-Presso CNG model is BS6-compliant and comes with a 55-litre tank capacity. Maruti Suzuki claims that the S-Presso CNG model is capable of delivering fuel efficiency of 31.2km/kg.
Apart from the changes in powertrain, the CNG variants remain identical to its petrol-powered siblings. The CNG-powered variants also offer all the features and equipment. This includes a bunch of features including a host of comfort, convenience and safety equipment, many of which are standard across variants as well.
Thoughts On The Maruti Suzuki S-Presso CNG Model Launch In India
The Maruti S-Presso joins the likes of other models from the brand which are also offered with factory-fitted CNG technology. This includes the WagonR, Alto, Ertiga and the likes. The new Maruti S-Presso CNG rivals the likes of the Hyundai Santro CNG in the Indian market.