- 10 min ago Skoda Karoq Restock Expected Soon In India: Could Be Locally Assembled
- 3 hrs ago Tata Altroz i-Turbo Petrol Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 7.73 Lakh
- 3 hrs ago Renault Expands Sales & Service Network In India: Over 120 Customer Touchpoints Added Last Year
- 4 hrs ago Tata Cars Price Hike Announced Across All Models: Here Are All The Details
- News Watch: Melania refuses to pose with Trump after they leave White House
- Technology LG K42 Budget Smartphone Goes Official In India; Sale Begins On January 26 At Flipkart
- Movies Mahesh Babu On His Lockdown Experience: I’ve Done The One Thing That I Wanted To Do For The Longest Time
- Finance Union Budget 2021: Expectations Of Common Man
- Sports Saini bowled despite injury in the second innings at Brisbane
- Education JK Bank PO Result 2021: Check Mains Result At jkbank.com
- Lifestyle Lady Gaga Flaunts A Blazer Outfit, A Red Dramatic Skirt, And A Golden Dove Brooch
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Assam In January 2021
Maruti Suzuki has launched the S-Cross petrol in the Indian market. The new (2020) Maruti S-Cross petrol BS6 model is now available in four variants and is offered with a starting price of Rs 8.39 lakh, ex-showroom (Delhi).
The 2020 Maruti S-Cross variants on offer include Sigma, Delta, Zeta and Alpha. The top-spec S-Cross petrol Alpha variant is priced at Rs 12.39 lakh, ex-showroom (Delhi). The Maruti Suzuki S-Cross petrol uses the same BS6 compliant 1.5-litre K15 series unit, which also powers other models such as the Ciaz, Ertiga and the Vitara Brezza.
The 2020 Maruti S-Cross now comes with only the petrol engine offering, as the new 1.5-litre unit replaces the older 1.3-litre diesel from the model's lineup. This is part of Maruti Suzuki's plan for a petrol-only product lineup.
As mentioned above, the new Maruti Suzuki S-Cross now comes powered by a 1.5-litre K15 series petrol engine. It produces 103bhp and 138Nm of peak torque and is paired with the brand's SHVS mild-hybrid technology as well. The engine comes mated to a five-speed manual as standard, along with the optional four-speed torque-converter automatic transmission unit.
The Maruti Suzuki S-Cross petrol will continue to be sold exclusively through the brand's premium NEXA dealerships. Bookings for the new S-Cross began last month for a token amount of Rs 11,000. Deliveries for the same is expected to begin shortly.
Apart from the BS6-compliant petrol engine, the Maruti S-Cross remains otherwise unchanged. The crossover hatchback continues to offer a host of features and equipment as standard, making it an extremely attractive offering.
Some of these features include LED projector headlamps, LED tail lights, LED DRLs (Daytime Running Lights), dual-tone alloy wheels, SmartPlay Studio infotainment system with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto, automatic climate control and a host of others.
Thoughts On The New Maruti S-Cross Petrol Launch In India
The Maruti Suzuki S-Cross was first introduced in 2015 and received a major overhaul in 2017. The car is priced competitively and rivals the likes of other compact-SUV offerings in the Indian market, in terms of its pricing structure.