- 23 min ago Skoda Kushaq Production Prototype Images Released: Here Are All The Details Ahead Of Its World Premiere
- 2 hrs ago 2021 Jeep Compass SUV Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 16.99 Lakh
- 3 hrs ago 2021 Triumph Speed Triple 1200RS Globally Unveiled Ahead Of India Launch: Here Are The Details
- 18 hrs ago New Tata Safari Unveiled Ahead Of Launch: Here Are All Details
- Movies Rakhi Sawant Cuts Abhinav Shukla’s Undergarments In Viral Video; Is Her Love Turning Into Obsession?
- Finance 6 Factors That Led To Over 700 Points Losses On Sensex
- News BJP MLA slams Congress, blames Sonia Gandhi, Rahul for tractor parade violence
- Technology Reliance Jio Might Not Increase Tariff Prices Due To Less User Additions
- Sports World No.2 Argentina beat Indian Women's Hockey Team 3-2; Sharmila and Gurjit Kaur score for India
- Lifestyle Varun Dhawan And Natasha Dalal Give Picture Perfect Poses On Their Mehendi Ceremony In Pristine White Outfits
- Education JNVST Admit Card 2021 Released For Class 9 Lateral Entry Selection Test
- Travel Experiential Travel: 13-Year-old Sohan Raghuram Writes About His Unique Trip To Goa
Maruti Suzuki discontinued the Omni van from its product lineup in India last year. The Maruti Omni was on sale in India for a period of 35 years and became one of the most popular vans/MPV models in the country.
While there are no plans from Maruti Suzuki to bring back the MPV anytime soon, transportation design student Shankar Shekar has come up with design renders of what the next-generation Omni could look like. As per ElectricVehicleHub, the design student has also included an electric powertrain on his iteration of the next-generation Maruti Suzuki Omni.
Starting off with the design, the new Maruti Omni EV concept carries forward the same boxy silhouette from the original version, while receiving a number of modern touches all around.
At the front, the Omni EV features rectangular LED headlamps with stylish C-shaped LED DRLs, along with a horizontal LED strip at the centre as well. The front also features a semi-bonnet package, in place of the flat-bonnet design seen on the older versions.
The side profile is clean with squarish wheel arches, housing stylish alloy wheels. It also comes with a large pair of ORVMs, along with black-cladding all around. The side profile also comes with turn indicators on the B-pillars. The new Omni EV also features sliding rear doors, similar to that seen on the original model.
The rear profile of the Omni EV comes with an LED strip running across the width of the MPV. It also comes with LED tail lights again featuring the C-shaped lighting elements. The rear also features wipers, defoggers, reflectors.
The new Omni EV van is also said to feature slightly larger dimensions over the older model. The new Maruti Omni EV concept measures 4000mm in length, 1735mm in width and 1860mm in height. The EV is said to be priced in the Rs 5 - 7 lakh, ex-showroom range if at all it makes its entry into the Indian market.
Thoughts On The Maruti Suzuki Omni EV Concept Design Render
Maruti Suzuki as mentioned above has no plans of bringing back the iconic Omni van to the Indian market anytime soon. However, if they do, we really hope they borrow design cues from this rendition of the MPV.