- 16 min ago 2020 Hyundai Tucson Bookings Commences — All You Need To Know
- 4 hrs ago Hero Destini 125 BS6 Scooter Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 64,310
- 5 hrs ago Hyundai Verna Facelift Model Unveiled In Russia: India Bound Later This Year
- 5 hrs ago 2020 Ford Figo, Aspire & Freestyle BS6 Models Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 5.39 Lakh
- Lifestyle Sunny Leone Or Taapsee Pannu, Whose Outfit And Look We Liked More?
- Finance Axis Bank And Max Financial Services Sign Confidentiality Agreement
- Movies Rahul Dravid Watches Ramesh Aravind’s Shivaji Surathkal, Lauds The Film!
- News Namaste Trump will be similar to Howdy Modi: MEA
- Sports Golf: Strong mix of Indian and international challenge set for Indian Open 2020
- Technology Verizon Might Not Sell Pixel Phones From Pixel 4A Onwards
- Travel Top 6 Places To Visit In India To Observe Maha Shivratri!
- Education CBSE Board Exam: Explore List Of Barred Items And Which Pen To Use In Exam
Maruti Suzuki has launched the BS6-compliant Ignis hatchback in the Indian market. The new Maruti Ignis facelift is offered with a price tag of Rs 4.83 lakh, ex-showroom (Delhi). The new Ignis is offered with a number of subtle updates to both its styling and the number of features on offer.
The updates on the Maruti Ignis has increased its prices varying between Rs 4,000 to Rs 25,000, depending on the variant. The Ignis hatchback is offered in four trims: Sigma, Delta, Zeta and Alpha. Prices of the base ‘Sigma' trim has increased by Rs 9,000.
The mid-spec ‘Delta' trim has received a price hike of Rs 25,000; for both the manual and AMT variants, while the ‘Zeta' variant receives a price hike of Rs 5000. The top-spec ‘Alpha' variant gets a Rs 4,000 price increase and is offered with a price tag of Rs 7.14 lakh. All prices are ex-showroom (Delhi).
The new Maruti Ignis facelift was showcased at the recently concluded Auto Expo 2020. It comes with a number of subtle changes to its design. This includes an updated front grille with chrome accents and surrounds. Maruti Suzuki has also updated the front bumper, while also tweaking the front fascia slightly with a larger, more prominent scuff plate.
The mid-spec ‘Delta' variant now comes with additional features as well, including a roof-mounted spoiler, roof rails and body cladding all around the hatchback.
Moving inside, the new Maruti Ignis facelift comes with the brand's latest iteration of their SmartPlay studio infotainment system with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto, voice commands and other functionalities.
However, the most important change to the Maruti Ignis facelift is the BS6-compliant petrol engine on offer. The updated BS6 petrol engine comes in the form of the same 1.2-litre unit producing 83bhp and 113Nm of torque, mated to a five-speed manual transmission as standard. The higher-variants of the Maruti Ignis will also feature a five-speed AMT transmission as well.
Thoughts On The New Maruti Suzuki Ignis Facelift BS6 India Launch
The Maruti Ignis is a premium hatchback offering from the brand in the Indian market, sold exclusively through Maruti Suzuki's NEXA dealerships. Although the sales of the hatchback aren't as good as some of the brand's other models such as the WagonR or Swift, the Ignis still manages to bring in consistent volumes from the Indian market.