- 11 hrs ago Datsun Redi-GO Facelift Arrives At Dealerships Ahead Of Its Launch
- 12 hrs ago 2021 Kawasaki Z650 BS6 Launched In India: Priced At Rs 5.94 Lakh
- 13 hrs ago Mercedes Benz Special Finance Offers Introduced In India: Here Are ‘Wishbox 2.0’ Details
- 15 hrs ago All-New Skoda Karoq SUV Launched In India: Priced At Rs 24.99 Lakh
- Technology Avail Attractive Discounts On Electronic Gadgets On Amazon
- Lifestyle Is It Safe To Drink Urine?
- Movies Pankaj Dheer Aka Karna Takes A Trip Down Memory Lane As Mahabharat Airs On COLORS
- News Hotel quarantine for foreign returnees only for 7 days, can't charge more: Centre to states
- Sports IOA forms panel to name observer for election of its members, also constitutes NE committee
- Finance Jio Platforms Prepares For IPO Outside India
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Kerala In June
- Education CBSE Cyber Safety Handbook For Students Classes 9 To 12
The Maruti Suzuki Ertiga has become India's best-selling MPV of the Financial Year 2019-20. The Maruti Ertiga MPV registered sales of over 90,000 units in the previous financial year, with a growth of 39%.
The Maruti Suzuki Ertiga took the title from the Mahindra Bolero, which came in the second position. Sales of the Mahindra Bolero fell by 30% between FY 2018-19 and FY 2019-20. The Bolero MUV registered 59,045 units of sales in the previous financial year, compared to 84,144 units in 2018-19.
The Toyota Innova Crysta registered the third-best sales figures in the previous financial year. The popular MPV from the Japanese brand registered 53,686 units of sales; a drop of 31% from the FY 2018-19 when it registered a higher sales of 77,924 units.
Coming back to the Ertiga MPV, the company introduced the new-generation model early last year. The 2019 model of the Ertiga offered a completely new refreshed design, with sharper lines and creases making it look more upmarket and premium than the previous version.
This helped the Ertiga gain instant popularity in the MPV segment, bringing in volume sales to the brand. Maruti Suzuki offers the Ertiga MPV in petrol and CNG options. This includes a 1.5-litre K15B series petrol engine paired with smart hybrid technology. It produces 103bhp and 138Nm of peak torque and is paired with a standard five-speed manual gearbox.
The Maruti Ertiga is also offered in a range of variants and trim levels, all of which offer a host of features and equipment as standard. The interiors of the Ertiga has also been updated and now feature the brand's latest SmartPlay Studio infotainment system as well.
Maruti Suzuki also sells a more premium six-seater iteration of the Ertiga through its Nexa dealerships. The premium MPV called the XL6 has also performed well since its launch in the Indian market. The Maruti XL6 registered just a little over 22,000 units of sales in the previous financial year.
Thoughts On The Maruti Suzuki Ertiga FY 2019-20 Sales
The Maruti Suzuki Ertiga has become the best-selling MPV in the Indian market. Ever since its launch in the country in February 2020, the MPV has consistently performed well in terms of sales, even leading the segment month-on-month.