- 12 min ago Nissan Service Hub Introduced Ahead Of Magnite Launch In India: Here Are All Details
- 2 hrs ago MG ZS EV Long Distance Trial Run From Delhi To Agra: Here Are All Details
- 14 hrs ago Datsun Car Discounts For November 2020: GO+, GO & Redi-GO Receive Benefits Up To Rs 51,000
- 17 hrs ago Supreme Court To Pass Final Judgment On FADA’s Plea For BS4 Vehicle Registration
- News Cyclone Nivar: Cyclonic storm to weaken further; IMD warns of heavy rains
- Movies Swara Bhasker Reacts To A Suitable Boy Kiss Outrage, Recalls Kathua Rape That Took Place In A Temple
- Finance Foreign Institutional Investors FII Inflows Into Indian Markets Creates New Record In Nov
- Technology Meet Tooter, A Desi Version Of Twitter: Here’s How To Download And Sign Up
- Sports LPL 2020: WI coach Phil Simmons says he was not aware Andre Russell playing for Colombo Kings
- Lifestyle Sana Khan’s Beautiful Pictures From Her Mehendi Ceremony In Orange And Pink Suit Will Melt You Heart
- Education AYUSH Counselling 2020: Check AYUSH NEET Counselling 2020 Registration Process
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Kerala In December
Maruti Suzuki has announced the achievement of a new sales milestone of its popular MPV, the Ertiga in the Indian market. The Maruti Suzuki Ertiga MPV has managed to cross 5.5 lakh units of sales in the Indian market over the past 8 years.
The Maruti Suzuki Ertiga is currently the best-selling MPV in the country. The MPV brings in consistent sales volume month-on-month, which has allowed the Ertiga to lead the segment for the last two years.
The Maruti Ertiga MPV is currently in its second-generation version. The new-generation model of the MPV was launched back in November 2018 and came with a completely fresh design, both on the exterior and interior; giving it a much needed upmarket feel.
The second-generation Ertiga also came with larger dimensions, host of new features, equipment and a more powerful petrol engine. In 2019, Maruti Suzuki introduced an even more premium six-seater version of the MPV, called the XL6. This premium version is available exclusively via the brand's NEXA dealerships.
The Maruti Suzuki Ertiga MPV was first launched in India back in 2012. The first-generation iteration of the MPV was offered with a choice of petrol, diesel and even CNG variant. While the diesel engine has thus been discontinued, the MPV now in its second generation does come powered by a BS6-compliant 1.5-litre petrol engine and a CNG-powered option as well.
The 1.5-litre K-Series petrol engine produces 104bhp and 138Nm of peak torque and is mated to either a five-speed manual or a four-speed torque-converter automatic transmission unit. The CNG-powered MPV produces slightly lower power and torque figures at 91bhp and 122Nm and is mated to a manual gearbox as standard.
Shashank Srivastava, Executive Director - Marketing & Sales, Maruti Suzuki India Limited, said,
"Over the years, brand Ertiga has redefined the notion of utilitarian MPVs with its sharp style, space, comfort, safety and host of technology features. As India's first compact MPV, Ertiga continues to build a legacy of innovation."
"The remarkable milestone of 5.5 lakh sales is a testimony of its success. While making a purchase decision, customers often cross-consider MPVs with UVs. Despite being cross-considered with top-selling UVs in the country, Ertiga has dominated the market and increased its market share in the segment."
Thoughts On The Maruti Suzuki Ertiga Sales Milestone
The Maruti Suzuki Ertiga is the best-selling MPV in the country. It rivals the likes of the Toyota Innova Crysta, Mahindra Marazzo and the Renault Triber in the segment.