- 5 hrs ago Top-Selling Bikes In India (May 2021): Hero Splendor & Hero HF Deluxe Take Top Two Spots
- 9 hrs ago Fast & Furious Toyota Supra Auctioned For Rs 4.07 Crore; Becomes Most-Expensive Supra
- 14 hrs ago Yamaha FZ-X Accessories Price List: Order Official Factory-Fitted Parts Online
- 16 hrs ago Skoda Kushaq India Launch: 1.5-litre Variant To Arrive In August — Details
- Technology Last Week Most Trending Smartphones: OnePlus Nord CE 5G, Poco X3 Pro, Honor 50 Pro, Redmi Note 10 Pro And More
- News Punjab Cong infighting: Amarinder Singh in Delhi for another round of talks with AICC panel
- Movies Beast Second Look Out: Thalapathy Vijay's Deadly Look Is A Perfect Birthday Treat For Fans
- Sports Euro 2020: North Macedonia 0-3 Netherlands: Depay, Wijnaldum on fire as classy Oranje make history in easy win
- Finance These Nifty Stocks Gave The Highest Dividend In FY21
- Education Bihar STET Result 2021 For Urdu, Sanskrit And Science Released At bsebstet2019.in
- Lifestyle Swara Bhasker Flaunts A Pink Chikankari Kurta Set; Perfect For Stay-At-Home Festive Occasions
- Travel Best Places To Visit In South India In August
Maruti Suzuki has announced the achievement of a new sales milestone of its popular MPV, the Ertiga in the Indian market. The Maruti Suzuki Ertiga MPV has managed to cross 5.5 lakh units of sales in the Indian market over the past 8 years.
The Maruti Suzuki Ertiga is currently the best-selling MPV in the country. The MPV brings in consistent sales volume month-on-month, which has allowed the Ertiga to lead the segment for the last two years.
The Maruti Ertiga MPV is currently in its second-generation version. The new-generation model of the MPV was launched back in November 2018 and came with a completely fresh design, both on the exterior and interior; giving it a much needed upmarket feel.
The second-generation Ertiga also came with larger dimensions, host of new features, equipment and a more powerful petrol engine. In 2019, Maruti Suzuki introduced an even more premium six-seater version of the MPV, called the XL6. This premium version is available exclusively via the brand's NEXA dealerships.
The Maruti Suzuki Ertiga MPV was first launched in India back in 2012. The first-generation iteration of the MPV was offered with a choice of petrol, diesel and even CNG variant. While the diesel engine has thus been discontinued, the MPV now in its second generation does come powered by a BS6-compliant 1.5-litre petrol engine and a CNG-powered option as well.
The 1.5-litre K-Series petrol engine produces 104bhp and 138Nm of peak torque and is mated to either a five-speed manual or a four-speed torque-converter automatic transmission unit. The CNG-powered MPV produces slightly lower power and torque figures at 91bhp and 122Nm and is mated to a manual gearbox as standard.
Shashank Srivastava, Executive Director - Marketing & Sales, Maruti Suzuki India Limited, said,
"Over the years, brand Ertiga has redefined the notion of utilitarian MPVs with its sharp style, space, comfort, safety and host of technology features. As India's first compact MPV, Ertiga continues to build a legacy of innovation."
"The remarkable milestone of 5.5 lakh sales is a testimony of its success. While making a purchase decision, customers often cross-consider MPVs with UVs. Despite being cross-considered with top-selling UVs in the country, Ertiga has dominated the market and increased its market share in the segment."
Thoughts On The Maruti Suzuki Ertiga Sales Milestone
The Maruti Suzuki Ertiga is the best-selling MPV in the country. It rivals the likes of the Toyota Innova Crysta, Mahindra Marazzo and the Renault Triber in the segment.