- 7 hrs ago Best-Selling Cars In India For February 2021: Maruti Suzuki Continues To Dominate Sales Charts Yet Again!
- 23 hrs ago BMW M340i xDrive Review (First Drive): The First Locally Assembled 'M' Car
- 24 hrs ago Renault Kiger Compact-SUV Sales Figures For February 2021: Outsells Nissan Magnite & Ford EcoSport
- 1 day ago Isuzu D-Max Regular Cab & S-Cab Prices To Be Hiked From 1 April: Here Is The New Price List!
- News 1975 Emergency an outdated issue, should be buried: Sanjay Raut
- Sports India finish with 10 medals including one gold at Boxam International
- Education UP Police Jail Warder Result 2021 Declared At uppbpb.gov.in
- Movies Mithun Chakraborty All Set To Join BJP During PM Narendra Modi’s Kolkata Rally
- Lifestyle Divyanka Tripathi’s Cool And Stylish Braid Hairstyle Will Spruce Up Your Boring Ponytail
- Technology Reliance Jio And Airtel Set Up 5G Towers In India: Ookla 5G Map
- Finance NPS vs Other Tax Saving Investments: Where A Tax Saver Should Invest?
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Nagaland In March
Maruti Suzuki has announced the achievement of a new sales milestone of its popular MPV, the Ertiga in the Indian market. The Maruti Suzuki Ertiga MPV has managed to cross 5.5 lakh units of sales in the Indian market over the past 8 years.
The Maruti Suzuki Ertiga is currently the best-selling MPV in the country. The MPV brings in consistent sales volume month-on-month, which has allowed the Ertiga to lead the segment for the last two years.
The Maruti Ertiga MPV is currently in its second-generation version. The new-generation model of the MPV was launched back in November 2018 and came with a completely fresh design, both on the exterior and interior; giving it a much needed upmarket feel.
The second-generation Ertiga also came with larger dimensions, host of new features, equipment and a more powerful petrol engine. In 2019, Maruti Suzuki introduced an even more premium six-seater version of the MPV, called the XL6. This premium version is available exclusively via the brand's NEXA dealerships.
The Maruti Suzuki Ertiga MPV was first launched in India back in 2012. The first-generation iteration of the MPV was offered with a choice of petrol, diesel and even CNG variant. While the diesel engine has thus been discontinued, the MPV now in its second generation does come powered by a BS6-compliant 1.5-litre petrol engine and a CNG-powered option as well.
The 1.5-litre K-Series petrol engine produces 104bhp and 138Nm of peak torque and is mated to either a five-speed manual or a four-speed torque-converter automatic transmission unit. The CNG-powered MPV produces slightly lower power and torque figures at 91bhp and 122Nm and is mated to a manual gearbox as standard.
Shashank Srivastava, Executive Director - Marketing & Sales, Maruti Suzuki India Limited, said,
"Over the years, brand Ertiga has redefined the notion of utilitarian MPVs with its sharp style, space, comfort, safety and host of technology features. As India's first compact MPV, Ertiga continues to build a legacy of innovation."
"The remarkable milestone of 5.5 lakh sales is a testimony of its success. While making a purchase decision, customers often cross-consider MPVs with UVs. Despite being cross-considered with top-selling UVs in the country, Ertiga has dominated the market and increased its market share in the segment."
Thoughts On The Maruti Suzuki Ertiga Sales Milestone
The Maruti Suzuki Ertiga is the best-selling MPV in the country. It rivals the likes of the Toyota Innova Crysta, Mahindra Marazzo and the Renault Triber in the segment.