- 3 hrs ago HRC Sign Pol Espargaro For 2021: Alex Marquez Moved To LCR Honda With 2-Year Contract Extension
- 5 hrs ago Kia Sonet World Premiere To Be Held In India Next Month: Here Are All The Details
- 6 hrs ago Honda Introduces ‘Unused Vehicle’ Campaign For Unsold BS4 Two Wheelers
- 10 hrs ago Bajaj Announces Second Price Hike For Select Models After BS6 Update: Here Is The New Price List
- News Trump administration rescinds rule on foreign students
- Movies Mammootty's The Priest: The Team Makes A Major Announcement!
- Sports 30 former South Africa cricketers issue statement supporting Black Lives Matter movement
- Technology OnePlus Nord To Feature 105-Degree Wide-Angle Selfie Camera; Company Confirms
- Lifestyle 9 Effective Home Remedies To Whiten Dark Feet
- Finance Walmart Raises Stake In Flipkart
- Travel 10 Incredible Places To Visit In Rajasthan In July
- Education USA To Withdraw Student Visas If Classes Move Fully Online
Maruti Suzuki has launched the Eeco in its BS6-compliant avatar in the Indian market. The new Maruti Eeco BS6 is offered with a starting price of Rs 4.64 lakh, ex-showroom (Delhi).
The Maruti Eeco is among the best-selling products in the segment, ranking regularly among the top-10 best-selling cars in the Indian market. The multi-purpose van is offered in either a five or seven-seater version and comes in a total of 12 variants. Maruti Suzuki also offers the Eeco in Cargo and Ambulance options.
All variants of the Maruti Eeco, however, remain unchanged in terms of dimensions and interior cabin space. The van also comes with signature sliding doors, for ease of ingress and egress for passengers.
Maruti Suzuki also offers the Eeco with a host of features. The new BS6-compliant Maruti Eeco is also said to currently be the safest van in the segment as well. It features a host of safety equipment including dual airbags, ABS with EBD, reverse parking sensors, seat-belt reminder, high-speed warning; among others.
Shashank Srivastava, Executive Director (Marketing & Sales), Maruti Suzuki India Limited said,
"Eeco has established a strong foothold with its excellent mileage, best-in-segment comfort, space and power, at a low maintenance cost. Offering best in class safety, it's all-purpose built is ideal for versatile use."
"The multi-purpose van has earned the distinction of being ideal for family travel, while simultaneously being a dependable business vehicle. Taking forward its legacy, Eeco BS6 S-CNG is designed to deliver optimum performance, safety, engine durability, convenience and mileage."
The new Maruti Eeco CNG is powered by a BS6-compliant 1.2-litre engine. It produces 73bhp and 101Nm of peak torque, mated to a five-speed manual transmission. The Eeco CNG model is part of the brand's ‘Mission Green Million' initiative. This initiative was first introduced back in January 2010 and since then has accumulated sales close to 7 lakh units of the Eeco.
Thoughts On The Maruti Suzuki Eeco CNG BS6 Launch In India
The Maruti Eeco is currently the leader in the Indian van segment, accounting for over 87% of the segment sales. The Eeco is a popular offering from the brand in the Indian market and is regularly in the top-selling car list as well.