- 28 min ago Bajaj Avenger Street 160 Prices Hiked Yet Again: Here Is The New Price List
- 2 hrs ago MG Hector Plus SUV Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 13.48 Lakh
- 4 hrs ago Audi Releases Second Teaser For RS7 Sportback Ahead Of 16 July Launch
- 5 hrs ago Mahindra Mojo BS6 Model Launching Soon: Brand Releases Teaser Via Social Media
- News India-China face off: Military commander level talks tomorrow
- Sports Espargaro to replace Alex Marquez at Honda, Crutchlow out
- Movies Akshara Gowda Repents Doing Thuppakki, Says Any Girl Would Regret That Role!
- Technology Redmi Note 9 Confirmed To Launch On July 20 In India
- Lifestyle Seasoned Actress Kelly Preston Had The Most Beautiful Collection Of Dresses, Here’s Proof
- Finance Google Announces $10 Billion For Digitalising India
- Travel 10 Incredible Places To Visit In Rajasthan In July
- Education USA To Withdraw Student Visas If Classes Move Fully Online
Maruti Suzuki has launched the BS6-compliant Eeco in the Indian market. The Maruti Suzuki Eeco BS6 is priced at Rs 3.81 lakh, ex-showroom (Delhi). The new Maruti Suzuki Eeco BS6 comes with minimal changes apart from the updates to its engine.
The Eeco continues to be powered by an updated version of the same 1.2-litre petrol engine. This engine is also used on a number of other Maruti Suzuki products as well.
The engine produces 73bhp and 98 Nm of peak torque, paired with a five-speed manual gearbox. The Maruti Suzuki Eeco is also offered with a CNG variant as well. The Eeco CNG claims to offer better fuel efficiency figures of 21.8km/l.
The Maruti Suzuki Eeco is offered in a number of different variants, including a Cargo trim in the Indian market. The Eeco was first launched in the country, back in 2010 and since then is said to have registered over 6.5 lakh units of sales.
The Maruti Eeco is targeted at conventional Indian middle-class family. The Cargo variant of the Eeco is aimed towards intra-city logistics and transportation, along with supporting small scale business as well.
Shashank Srivastava, Executive Director, Sales & Marketing, MSIL, stated:
"At Maruti Suzuki, we are committed to providing reliable mobility solutions to our customers. Introduction of the BS6 in Eeco will further bolster our commitment towards a cleaner environment."
"A decade since its launch, Eeco continues to attract 84% pre-determined buyers, and has been appreciated for its stylish and spacious design and low cost of maintenance. With over 50 per cent of the consumers choosing the vehicle for business utility as well as a family transport vehicle, the versatile Eeco offers uncompromised comfort and safety."
"We are confident to sustain a strong foothold in the segment with Eeco and would like to thank our customers for their constant support."
Thoughts On The Maruti Suzuki Eeco BS6
The Maruti Suzuki Eeco is the only van offering in the Indian market, after the discontinuation of the Omni. The Maruti Eeco has been performing extremely well for the brand in the Indian market, consistently among the top-10 best-selling cars in the country. The launch of the BS6 model, confirms that Maruti Suzuki has no plans to discontinue the model just yet.