- 11 hrs ago Tata Motors Deliver 100 Safari SUVs On A Single Day In Delhi-NCR: Here Are All The Details!
- 13 hrs ago 2021 Royal Enfield Himalayan Review: Do The Changes Justify The Price Upgrade?
- 14 hrs ago New Bajaj Platina 100 ES (Electric Start) Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 53,920
- 16 hrs ago 2021 TVS Star City+ Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 68,465
- Movies Jagame Thandhiram: The Dhanush Project Is Not Getting A Netflix Release On March 26
- Technology Reliance Digital March Sale: Discount Offers On Premium Smartphones
- News Manipur’s news website becomes first target of new rules on digital media, later withdrawn
- Sports Olympic Council of Asia and AESF introduces the ‘Road to Asian Games’ Campaign for 2022 Asian Games
- Lifestyle Covishield Vs Covaxin: Everything You Need To Know And List Of Vaccination Centres In Major Cities In India
- Education MPSC State Service Admit Card 2021 For Prelims Released
- Finance Spectrum Auction: Airtel To Deliver 5G Services In Future
- Travel 10 Best Family-Friendly Destinations To Visit In India In March
Maruti Suzuki has discontinued the Alto K10 from the Indian market. The company has removed the model from its product lineup on their official website as well.
The Maruti Alto K10 did not receive the BS6 update, with the old BS4 stock cleared as early as December 2019. There is no official news from the brand whether the Alto K10 BS6 will be introduced in the future or not.
The Maruti Alto K10 was powered by a 1.0-litre petrol engine. Maruti Suzuki did update the 1.0-litre engine to comply with the BS6 emission norms, however, did not introduce it on the Alto hatchback. The 1.0-litre BS6 petrol engine powers the S-Presso, which went on sale in India in late-2019.
The BS4-iteration of the 1.0-litre engine powering the Maruti Alto K10 produces 67bhp and 90Nm of torque. The 998cc was paired with either a five-speed manual or AMT transmission. Maruti also offered the Alto K10 with factory-fitted CNG technology as well.
The Maruti Suzuki Alto K10 was offered in a range of variants: LXi, VXi, VXi (O), VXi AMT and LXi CNG. Prices for the variants ranged between Rs 3.60 lakh for the base trim and Rs 4.39 lakh for the top-spec model. All prices are ex-showroom (Delhi).
With the discontinuation of the K10 model, the hatchback is now offered with a single 0.8-litre engine offering. This 796cc petrol engine has been updated to comply with the BS6 emission norms. This engine produces 47bhp at 6000rpm and 69Nm of torque at 3000rpm and comes mated to a five-speed manual transmission.
The Maruti Alto with the 0.8-litre engine is offered in a range of variants as well. This includes STD, STD (O), LXi, LXi (O), VXi, VXi+, LXi CNG and LXi (O) CNG. Prices for the same, range from Rs 2.94 lakh to Rs 4.36 lakh. All prices are ex-showroom (Delhi).
Thoughts About The Maruti Alto K10 Hatchback Being Discontinued
The Maruti Suzuki Alto is among the most popular entry-level hatchbacks in the Indian market. The Alto brings in mass-volume sales to the brand in India month-on-month.