- 2 hrs ago HRC Sign Pol Espargaro For 2021: Alex Marquez Moved To LCR Honda With 2-Year Contract Extension
- 4 hrs ago Kia Sonet World Premiere To Be Held In India Next Month: Here Are All The Details
- 5 hrs ago Honda Introduces ‘Unused Vehicle’ Campaign For Unsold BS4 Two Wheelers
- 9 hrs ago Bajaj Announces Second Price Hike For Select Models After BS6 Update: Here Is The New Price List
- Movies Mammootty's The Priest: The Team Makes A Major Announcement!
- Sports 30 former South Africa cricketers issue statement supporting Black Lives Matter movement
- News Sanjay Jha suspended from Congress for 'anti-party activities
- Technology OnePlus Nord To Feature 105-Degree Wide-Angle Selfie Camera; Company Confirms
- Lifestyle 9 Effective Home Remedies To Whiten Dark Feet
- Finance Walmart Raises Stake In Flipkart
- Travel 10 Incredible Places To Visit In Rajasthan In July
- Education USA To Withdraw Student Visas If Classes Move Fully Online
Maruti Suzuki has discontinued the Alto K10 from the Indian market. The company has removed the model from its product lineup on their official website as well.
The Maruti Alto K10 did not receive the BS6 update, with the old BS4 stock cleared as early as December 2019. There is no official news from the brand whether the Alto K10 BS6 will be introduced in the future or not.
The Maruti Alto K10 was powered by a 1.0-litre petrol engine. Maruti Suzuki did update the 1.0-litre engine to comply with the BS6 emission norms, however, did not introduce it on the Alto hatchback. The 1.0-litre BS6 petrol engine powers the S-Presso, which went on sale in India in late-2019.
The BS4-iteration of the 1.0-litre engine powering the Maruti Alto K10 produces 67bhp and 90Nm of torque. The 998cc was paired with either a five-speed manual or AMT transmission. Maruti also offered the Alto K10 with factory-fitted CNG technology as well.
The Maruti Suzuki Alto K10 was offered in a range of variants: LXi, VXi, VXi (O), VXi AMT and LXi CNG. Prices for the variants ranged between Rs 3.60 lakh for the base trim and Rs 4.39 lakh for the top-spec model. All prices are ex-showroom (Delhi).
With the discontinuation of the K10 model, the hatchback is now offered with a single 0.8-litre engine offering. This 796cc petrol engine has been updated to comply with the BS6 emission norms. This engine produces 47bhp at 6000rpm and 69Nm of torque at 3000rpm and comes mated to a five-speed manual transmission.
The Maruti Alto with the 0.8-litre engine is offered in a range of variants as well. This includes STD, STD (O), LXi, LXi (O), VXi, VXi+, LXi CNG and LXi (O) CNG. Prices for the same, range from Rs 2.94 lakh to Rs 4.36 lakh. All prices are ex-showroom (Delhi).
Thoughts About The Maruti Alto K10 Hatchback Being Discontinued
The Maruti Suzuki Alto is among the most popular entry-level hatchbacks in the Indian market. The Alto brings in mass-volume sales to the brand in India month-on-month.