- 12 hrs ago MG Hector Facelift Spotted Testing In Vadodara: Details & Specifications
- 13 hrs ago 2020 Mahindra Thar Accessories List Leaked Ahead Of Launch: Here Is The Complete List
- 14 hrs ago Triumph Trident Is In Its Final Testing Phase: Expected To Launch Sometime Next Year
- 14 hrs ago Ampere Launches New Electric Scooter Variants: Gets Added Features, Improved Mileage & More
- Technology Flipkart Big Billion Days Sale 2020: Irresistible Offers On Electronics Gadgets
- Sports IPL 2020: KKR vs RR: Young Gill, Mavi and Nagarkoti shine in Knight Riders' big win over Royals
- Movies Thani Oruvan 2: The Jayam Ravi-Mohan Raja Project To Start Rolling In February 2021?
- Education SSC CGL Tier 3 Result 2020: Check Skill Test And Document Verification Details
- News Karnataka to effect steep hike in penalty for not wearing masks
- Lifestyle Nora Fatehi’s Stunning Golden Dress And Funny Expressions Leaves Fans Smitten
- Finance SBI Customers Can Check Balance, View Passbook Without Logging In SBI YONO App: Here's How
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Kerala In October 2020
Mahindra Auto is working on the next-generation XUV500, which is expected to be launched sometime next year in the Indian market. The 2021 Mahindra XUV500 will be heavily updated inside and out with many new features, and possibly a couple of new powertrain options as well.
Ahead of its launch, the next-generation Mahindra XUV500 has been spotted testing in the country. Latest spy images from Gaadiwaadi, reveal a complete camouflage mule testing with strap on headlamps and tail lamps.
However, there were a couple of design details, that was spotted from the spy images. The new XUV500 will feature all-new front fascia, with a more pronounced grille and Mahindra emblem. It will also be expected to feature an all-new headlamp setup with integrated DRLs giving the SUV a fresh look.
At the rear, the SUV seems to be wider and will feature a new tail lamps design along with completely redesigned rear bumpers. Some of the other observation according to the report includes a new bonnet structure, diamond-cut alloy wheels, a prominent kink in the rear door, flush-type door handles, and a shark fin antenna; among others.
The upcoming new XUV500 will undergo a complete revision on the inside. This includes an all-new dashboard layout, a new instrument cluster and most of all an updated infotainment system offering the brand latest connected technology along with support for Android Auto and Apple CarPlay.
Although the cabin on the current-gen XUV500 comes packed with features, it looks dated especially against its newly launched rivals. As a result, Mahindra will look to completely revamps the cabin to provide a fresh and airy feel. It could feature a panoramic sunroof replacing the current electric sunroof.
Speaking about the powertrain, the reports suggest that the 2021 XUV500 will continue to feature its 2.2-litre four-cylinder turbocharged diesel engine. It now produces 152bhp and 360Nm of torque, and comes mated to either a six-speed or a six-speed torque-converter automatic.
The 2021 SUV could also be offered with a new turbo-petrol engine. It could be the same 2.0-litre T-GDi mStallion unit that will power the upcoming 2020 Thar. The petrol unit produces 150bhp and 320Nm of peak torque and is offered with both manual and automatic transmission options.
Thoughts About The Mahindra XUV500 Next-Generation SUV Spied Testing Ahead Of Launch
The Mahindra XUV500 has been among the brand's best sellers in the country. It is also the brand's first monocoque SUV, that has its presence in other countries as well. Mahindra will be giving the XUV500 a much-needed upgrade in the form of a next-generation model.