- 9 hrs ago Skoda Rapid CNG Variant Coming To India: Zac Hollis Confirms 4 Product Launches In Next 12 Months
- 10 hrs ago Audi Celebrated Women’s Day With The #DriveTheChange Initiative: Read More To Find Out!
- 10 hrs ago Kabira Electric Motorcycles Sold Out In Just 4 Days: Both KM3000 & KM4000 Receive Overwhelming Response
- 11 hrs ago TVS To Provide Free COVID-19 Vaccination To All Employees & Their Immediate Family Members
- Technology Amazon Samsung Galaxy M Anniversary Sale 2021: Offers On Samsung Smartphones
- Movies Priyanka Chopra Jonas: I Guess I will Always Be Unfinished, But I See That As Good Thing
- Sports ISL 2020-21, Semifinals: MCFC vs FCG: Mumbai win battle of nerves to pip Goa to historic final
- News School boundary wall collapse: Six killed, many feared trapped under debris in Bihar's Khagaria
- Education International Women’s Day: Gender Scholars Are Calling For Recognition of Unpaid Care-Giving
- Finance SBI vs Canara vs Kotak vs Yes Bank: Check Current Interest Rates On FD Here
- Lifestyle Saina Trailer Launch: Parineeti Chopra Exudes Confidence And Boss Lady Vibes In Her White Pantsuit
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Nagaland In March
Mahindra Auto is working on the next-generation XUV500, which is expected to be launched sometime next year in the Indian market. The 2021 Mahindra XUV500 will be heavily updated inside and out with many new features, and possibly a couple of new powertrain options as well.
Ahead of its launch, the next-generation Mahindra XUV500 has been spotted testing in the country. Latest spy images from Gaadiwaadi, reveal a complete camouflage mule testing with strap on headlamps and tail lamps.
However, there were a couple of design details, that was spotted from the spy images. The new XUV500 will feature all-new front fascia, with a more pronounced grille and Mahindra emblem. It will also be expected to feature an all-new headlamp setup with integrated DRLs giving the SUV a fresh look.
At the rear, the SUV seems to be wider and will feature a new tail lamps design along with completely redesigned rear bumpers. Some of the other observation according to the report includes a new bonnet structure, diamond-cut alloy wheels, a prominent kink in the rear door, flush-type door handles, and a shark fin antenna; among others.
The upcoming new XUV500 will undergo a complete revision on the inside. This includes an all-new dashboard layout, a new instrument cluster and most of all an updated infotainment system offering the brand latest connected technology along with support for Android Auto and Apple CarPlay.
Although the cabin on the current-gen XUV500 comes packed with features, it looks dated especially against its newly launched rivals. As a result, Mahindra will look to completely revamps the cabin to provide a fresh and airy feel. It could feature a panoramic sunroof replacing the current electric sunroof.
Speaking about the powertrain, the reports suggest that the 2021 XUV500 will continue to feature its 2.2-litre four-cylinder turbocharged diesel engine. It now produces 152bhp and 360Nm of torque, and comes mated to either a six-speed or a six-speed torque-converter automatic.
The 2021 SUV could also be offered with a new turbo-petrol engine. It could be the same 2.0-litre T-GDi mStallion unit that will power the upcoming 2020 Thar. The petrol unit produces 150bhp and 320Nm of peak torque and is offered with both manual and automatic transmission options.
Thoughts About The Mahindra XUV500 Next-Generation SUV Spied Testing Ahead Of Launch
The Mahindra XUV500 has been among the brand's best sellers in the country. It is also the brand's first monocoque SUV, that has its presence in other countries as well. Mahindra will be giving the XUV500 a much-needed upgrade in the form of a next-generation model.