- 1 hr ago Toyota Fortuner Facelift Unofficial Bookings Open: Here Are All Details
- 3 hrs ago Harley-Davidson Owners Organize ‘Dark Ride’ Rally: Bikers Protests Against Company
- 3 hrs ago TVS Young Media Racer Program 4.0: Everything In A Nutshell
- 5 hrs ago Suzuki V-Strom 650XT BS6 Teased Again Ahead Of India Launch: Will Rival The Kawasaki Versys 650
- Finance Sensex, Nifty End Higher Led By Energy And IT Stocks
- Movies Bharti Singh And Haarsh Limbachiyaa Granted Bail In Drugs Case
- Technology How Long Will 2G Network Stay In India
- Sports Suresh Raina targets 34 schools on his 34th birthday to help 10000 students get health and sanitisation intervention
- Lifestyle Kansa Vadh 2020: Date, Ritual And Significance Of This Day
- News Rajasthan hikes penalty on gathering of more than 100 people at marriages to Rs 25,000
- Education KCET Counselling 2020 First Round Seat Allotment Schedule Released
- Travel 10 Best Honeymoon Destinations To Visit In India This Winter
Mahindra has launched the BS6-compliant XUV500 SUV in the Indian market. The updated Mahindra XUV500 BS6 model is now offered with a starting price of Rs 13.20 lakh, ex-showroom (Delhi).
Mahindra had officially commenced bookings for the BS6-compliant XUV500 in the Indian market a week ago. Booking amount for the XUV500 BS6 model is Rs 5,000, with deliveries said to begin, post the lockdown period in India.
The new Mahindra XUV500 BS6 is offered in four variants: W5, W7, W9 and W11(O). While the base-spec model is priced at Rs 13.20 lakh as mentioned before, the top-spec ‘W11(O)' trim is priced at Rs 17.70 lakh, ex-showroom (Delhi).
The main update on the 2020 Mahindra XUV500 is the engine. The SUV now comes with a BS6-compliant 2.2-litre mHawk diesel engine. It produces 155bhp and 360Nm of peak torque mated to a six-speed manual gearbox, sending power to the front wheels. Mahindra is currently working on the next-generation XUV500, which is expected to go on sale only by late-2020 or early-2021.
Apart from the engine update, the XUV500 remains unchanged otherwise. It continues to carry forward the same design and styling elements as on the BS4 model. This includes the overall cheetah-inspired styling with the front grille finished in chrome, split tail lights, LED DRLs, projector headlamps, twin exhaust, rear spoiler and stylish diamond-cut alloy wheels; among others.
Interiors of the SUV too remains unchanged. The Mahindra XUV500 BS6 carries forward the plush leather upholstery, large touchscreen infotainment system with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto, keyless entry, electric sunroof, automatic climate control, electrically-adjustable driver seats, dual airbags, brake assist, seatbelt reminder; among others.
The BS6-compliant SUV even retains the same dimensions. To reiterate, the Mahindra XUV500 measures 4,585mm in length, 1,890mm in width and 1,785mm in height. The wheelbase of the SUV measures in at 2,700mm.
Thoughts About The Mahindra XUV500 BS6 SUV India Launch
The Mahindra XUV500 is a popular offering from the brand in the Indian market. The SUV is positioned in the mid-size segment and rivals the likes of the Kia Seltos, Tata Harrier, MG Hector, Hyundai Creta, Jeep Compass and the Volkswagen T-Roc.