- 2 min ago Maruti Suzuki Subscription Service Expands To New Cities: Here Are All Details
- 1 hr ago Honda Dio BS6 Prices Increased For The Third Time Since Launch: New Price List Details
- 2 hrs ago New Toyota Innova Crysta Facelift Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 16.26 Lakh
- 4 hrs ago Turtle Wax Opens Three Premium Car Care Detailing Studios Across India
- Finance Elon Musk Becomes Second Richest Person In The World; Overtakes Bill Gates
- Lifestyle American Music Awards 2020: The Divas Prove All That Glitters Is Also Silver With Silver Attire
- News What PM Modi told about India's COVID-19 vaccine at the meet with CMs today
- Movies 'Sons Of Soil: Jaipur Pink Panther': Amazon Prime Video And Abhishek Bachchan Unveil Trailer
- Technology Everything You Should Know About WhatsApp Scam
- Sports India vs Australia: Shikhar Dhawan unveils Team India's Retro Jersey and Kit for the upcoming series against Australia
- Education KCET Counselling 2020 First Round Seat Allotment Schedule Released
- Travel 10 Best Honeymoon Destinations To Visit In India This Winter
The Mahindra XUV300 has won the Global NCAP's first ever 'Safer Choice' award. The XUV300 qualified for the award after is was safety rated five stars and four stars for adult and child occupants, respectively.
In order to be eligible for the Safer Choice award, vehicles must meet certain requirements. All vehicles must have a five star rating for adult occupants and a minimum of four stars for child occupant protection.
Electronic Stability Control has to be a standard feature across all variants. In case ESC is offered as an optional, it must be offered across all variants as a stand alone add-on, and must be sold on a minimum of 20 percent of the model's total sales numbers.
Eligible cars must also meet Pedestrian Protection standards as as set by the United Nations Regulations UN 127 or GTR9 - and validated as such by Global NCAP.
The Mahindra XUV300 meets all these requirement, and has other safety features as well. The top of the line W8 (O) trim for example, features seven airbags, ABS with corner braking control, ISOFIX child seat anchors, ESC, three-point seat belts for all occupants, front parking sensors, and a second-row seat belt reminder - all as a standard.
The Safer Choice award is a massive achievement considering the XUV300 winning it as a sub-four meter vehicle and comes under the compact cars / SUV category.
The Global NCAP announced over their Twitter handle that the Mahindra XUV300 won the Safer Choice award, something that is available for auto manufacturers achieving the highest level of safety for cars sold in India.
Mr Anand Mahindra, was quick to reply and thanked everyone at the company for this win. He also added that there was much more for Mahindra to achieve going forward.
The Safer Choice award was instituted by Global NCAP in 2018, and is to be presented to cars that meet high standard of safety and crash test capabilities.
United Nations Regulations UN 127 or GTR9 deals with pedestrian protection, details what happens in case of a collision, and has a set of pedestrian protection rules for the automotive industry. The document is available for everyone to read online.
Thoughts About The Mahindra XUV300 Winning The Global NCAP's Safer Choice Award
Firsts off, congratulations to Mahindra for winning the Safer Choice award. Mahindra has always been about robust vehicles and SUVs, and has kept up with ever changing safety standards. All the work has resulted in the XUV300 being one of the safest cars around the globe! Well done!