- 4 hrs ago Top Car News Of The Week: Important Highlights In Four-Wheeler Segment From Previous Week
- 5 hrs ago Top Bike News Of The Week: Important Highlights In Two-Wheeler Space From Previous Week
- 19 hrs ago Ather Energy To Enter Delhi Market Soon: The 450X To Be Priced Rs 15,000 Lower
- 23 hrs ago Independence Day: India’s Five Most Iconic Cars Which Changed The Landscape Of The Auto Industry
- News Transcripts from retrieved black box to be available soon: DGCA on Kerala plane crash
- Movies Sushant Singh Case: Father KK Singh Files Counter Affidavit Before SC Against Rhea Chakraborty
- Lifestyle Samantha Akkineni Opts For A Gorgeous Blue Saree For Rana Daggubati’s Wedding
- Sports Rumour Has It: Chelsea to battle Leeds and Liverpool for Ben White
- Technology Dell Mobile Adapter Speakerphone Review: A Good Addition To Your Desk
- Finance Mukesh Ambani Is Now The World's 4th Richest; Amasses $22 Billion This Year
- Travel 10 Incredible Places To Visit In Odisha In August 2020
- Education Kargil Vijay Diwas Quotes In English For Students
Mahindra is expected to launch a new variant of the XUV300 compact-SUV in the Indian market. Called the 'Sportz', was first showcased at the 2020 Auto Expo. At the time of unveiling, the company also confirmed that it comes powered by a new T-GDi petrol engine.
We brought you exclusive images of the XUV300 model with T-GDi engine testing in Bangalore earlier this month. However, Mahindra seems to have started full-fledged testing of the upcoming SUV as it has been spied again.
Latest images from Gaadiwaadi, reveal a sans camouflaged mule to be testing with emission apparatus fitted to the exhaust pipes of the SUV. Apart from that, the images do not reveal any other changes made to the new variant.
Speaking about the new powertrain, it is a part of Mahindra's mStallion family of engines. The new engine will be a 1.2-litre, three-cylinder, direct-injection, turbo-petrol unit producing 129bhp and 230Nm of peak torque.
In comparison to the current turbo-petrol engine, the new T-GDi unit makes 20bhp and 30Nm more power and torque output. The T-GDI engine is expected to come mated to a six-speed manual gearbox and will be sold alongside the existing engine options which are 1.5 diesel and 1.2 turbo-petrol units.
With the introduction of the new engine, XUV300 Sportz variant is set to become the most powerful compact-SUV when launched in the Indian market. The new engine is also expected to make its way into the Ford EcoSport SUV, as a replacement for its now-discontinued 1.0-litre EcoBoost unit. Back in the day, Ford's Ecoboost engine offered the segment-best performance of 123bhp.
Coming back to the XUV300 Sportz variant, it is expected to feature a couple of changes over the standard model to stand apart. This includes new sporty body graphics, red front brake callipers and more.
On the inside, it will feature an all-black treatment, with some of the trims, finished in red accents on the dashboard and contrasting red stitching on the seats; among others. The Mahindra XUV300 Sportz variant is expected to launch sometime in this year.
The Mahindra XUV300 rivals the Hyundai Venue, Tata Nexon, Ford EcoSport and the Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza; among others in the Indian market. Alongside the sporty variant, Mahindra is also looking to launch an all-electric version of the compact SUV, called the eXUV300, sometime in the next year.
Thoughts About The Mahindra XUV300 TGDi Turbo-Petrol Spotted Testing Ahead Of Launch
The Mahindra XUV300 has been well received in the Indian market due to its appealing design and a couple of powertrain options. It is about to receive a new powertrain that will make it the most powerful model in the highly competitive compact-SUV segment-in the market.