- 2 hrs ago MG Hector Plus SUV Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 13.48 Lakh
- 3 hrs ago Audi Releases Second Teaser For RS7 Sportback Ahead Of 16 July Launch
- 4 hrs ago Mahindra Mojo BS6 Model Launching Soon: Brand Releases Teaser Via Social Media
- 5 hrs ago Toyota Innova Crysta CNG Spied Testing Ahead Of India Launch Later This Year: Spy Pics & Details
- Movies Bhagyashree To Play The Role Of Jayalalithaa's Mother In Kangana Ranaut's Thalaivi: Report
- Lifestyle Seasoned Actress Kelly Preston Had The Most Beautiful Collection Of Dresses, Here’s Proof
- News Rare Comet Neowise headed to earth, will be visible in India from July 14 for next 20 days
- Finance Google Announces $10 Billion For Digitalising India
- Technology Intel Thunderbolt 4 Universal Dock Officially Announced: What Caught Our Attention?
- Sports England's batting still their nemesis: Nasser Hussain
- Travel 10 Incredible Places To Visit In Rajasthan In July
- Education USA To Withdraw Student Visas If Classes Move Fully Online
Mahindra announced its sales figures in the Indian market for the month of May 2020. As per their sales report, the Mahindra XUV300 registered sales of 1,257 units in the previous month. These sales numbers of the XUV300 has helped the SUV take the top-slot to become the best-selling compact-SUV in India in May 2020.
The Mahindra XUV300 with 1,257 units of sales has overtaken all its competitors in the segment, including the popular Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza and the Hyundai Venue, which are the usual segment-leaders for compact-SUVs in the Indian market. The XUV300 did, however, register a major decline of 75 per cent in its year-on-year sales, dropping from 5,113 units in May 2019.
In response to the sales of the Mahindra XUV300, the Hyundai Venue came close recording 1,242 units of sales, followed by the Tata Nexon in third place with 623 units of sales. The Maruti Vitara Brezza registered just 572 units of sales to take fourth position. The Maruti Vitara Brezza registered a massive drop in sales of close to 93% from 8,800 units in May 2019.
Following the Maruti Vitara Brezza is the Ford Ecosport, Honda WR-V and the TUV300. While the Ford Ecosport and the Honda WR-V registered 331 and 114 units of sales, respectively, the Mahindra TUV300 closed May 2020 with 0 units of sales.
The Mahindra XUV300 was launched in India last year and was instantly received well in the Indian market. The XUV300 comes with both petrol and diesel engine options, including a 1.2-litre turbo-petrol and a 1.5-litre diesel unit; both of which have been updated to comply with the BS6 emission norms.
The 1.2-litre turbo-petrol unit produces 108bhp and 200Nm of peak torque. The 1.5-litre diesel, on the other hand, churns out 115bhp and 300Nm of peak torque. Both engines come standard with a six-speed manual, while Mahindra also offers an automatic transmission as optional as well.
Mahindra also packs the XUV300 with a host of features and equipment as well, making it an extremely attractive product in the brand's lineup.
Thoughts On The Mahindra XUV300 Compact-SUV Sales In India
The Mahindra XUV300 is a popular model in the Indian compact-SUV segment. However, this is the first time the model has taken the top-slot as the segment-leader in the Indian market. However, with sales set to normalise in the coming months, we can expect the Maruti Vitara Brezza and the Hyundai Venue to improve sales as well.