- 3 hrs ago eBikeGo To Install 3,000 Charging Stations In Five Cities Across India: Here Are All Details
- 5 hrs ago Tata Motors Takes A Dig At Another Maruti Suzuki Car: Global NCAP Rating Battle Continues!
- 8 hrs ago Suzuki V-Strom 650XT BS6 Launched In India At Rs 8.84 Lakh: The Adv-Tourer Becomes Costlier
- 10 hrs ago Toyota Fortuner Facelift Unofficial Bookings Open: Here Are All Details
- News Foreign Minister Jaishankar to begin 6-day tour of Bahrain, UAE and Seychelles from Tuesday
- Movies Bigg Boss 14: After Salman Khan’s Jokes, Disha Parmar Replies To Rahul Vaidya’s Marriage Proposal
- Sports Moukoko could become youngest Champions League player
- Finance SEBI Proposes Relaxation On Re-Classification Of Promoter As Public Shareholder
- Lifestyle COVID-19 In India: Hospital Urges Government To Make Masks Mandatory To Fight Second Wave
- Technology Two Oppo Reno5 Variants Get Benchmarked; Processor Details Confirmed
- Education KCET Counselling 2020 First Round Seat Allotment Schedule Released
- Travel 10 Best Honeymoon Destinations To Visit In India This Winter
The Mahindra XUV300 BS6 diesel mileage figures have been revealed. The company launched the XUV300 diesel variant just before the nation-wide lockdown was announced in the country. The compact-SUV retails at a starting price of Rs 8.69 lakh, ex-showroom (India).
The XUV300 is powered by the same 1.5-litre diesel engine as the BS4 model. The power and torque output remain unchanged as well despite the BS6 update. The 1.5-litre turbo-diesel engine produces 117hp and 300Nm of torque and comes mated to a six-speed manual transmission. An optional six-speed AMT transmission is also offered with the diesel engine.
According to Autocar India, the fuel diesel engine when mated to manual transmission returns an ARAI rated mileage of 20kmpl, which is same as the BS4 model. Mahindra has managed to update the diesel engine to BS6 standards without compromising on power, torque or even the fuel-efficiency. The mileage figures for the automatic variant is yet to be revealed.
The Mahindra XUV300 rivals the Hyundai Venue, the Tata Nexon, the Ford Ecosport and the Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza; among others in the Indian market. Expect the Vitara Brezza all other compact-SUVs are offered with diesel and petrol powertrain. Comparing the XUV300's against its segment rivals we notice some interesting facts.
All the compact-SUVs features a 1.5-litre turbo-diesel engine, however, the XUV300's diesel unit produces the most power and torque output when compared to its rivals. The Tata Nexon is placed below the XUV300, that is followed by the Hyundai Venue, and at the bottom is the Ford EcoSport which produces 100bhp and 215Nm torque.
When comparing to mileage figures of the compact-SUV, the most fuel-efficient compact-SUV is the Hyundai Venue which returns a certified mileage of 23.3kmpl. The second on the list is the Tata Nexon which is rated to return 22.4kmpl. It is followed by the Ford EcoSport and the Mahindra XUV300 which returns 21.7kmpl, and 20kmpl, respectively. The Mahindra XUV300 is the lease fuel-efficient among its rivals, however, it is expected as it is the most powerful as well.
The Tata Nexon and the Mahindra XUV300 are the only SUVs in the segment to offer an automatic option with a diesel engine in the Indian market. While there are no details about the mileage figures of the Mahindra XUV300 diesel automatic, we expect it to be similar or slightly higher to that of the manual variant.
Comparing the prices of the compact-SUVs in its diesel manual combination, the Hyundai Venue sits at the top of the value for money table with price starting at Rs 8.10 lakh, ex-showroom (Delhi). The Mahindra XUV300 sits at the bottom of the table and retails at a starting price of Rs 8.69 lakh, ex-showroom (India). However, the XUV300 BS6 diesel variant's prices remain the same as the BS4 model, which is an excellent effort by the brand.
Thoughts About The Mahindra XUV300 Diesel Mileage Figures
The Mahindra XUV300 is the least efficient among its rivals in its diesel manual formant. However, it is also one of the most powerful diesel compact-SUV out there. As a result, we do see some compromise being made to extract more power. Mahindra has managed to update the engine without any loss in power and fuel-efficiency figures as compared to its BS4 format.