- 21 hrs ago EMoS WYLD Electric Cruiser Motorcycle Unveiled: Here Are The Details
- 21 hrs ago BMW R 18 Cruiser Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 18.90 Lakh
- 22 hrs ago Delhi Government Working On Setting Up 200 New EV Charging Stations Across The City Soon
- 1 day ago Ducati Scrambler 1100 Teased Ahead Of Launch: Will Arrive In Two Variants
- News In Shopian case, DNA samples expected soon
- Sports IPL 2020: Tom Banton may need to wait for Kolkata Knight Riders chance
- Technology Logitech MX Master 3 Review: The Only Wireless Mouse Your Will Ever Need
- Finance Smart Ideas To Earn More From Fixed Deposits
- Movies Vijay Sethupathi & Taapsee Pannu To Play Double Roles In Their Next?
- Lifestyle World Marrow Donor Day WMDD: What Is Bone Marrow Transplant? Importance And Side Effects
- Education ICSI Quiz Competition 2020 For Online Current Affairs And General Knowledge
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Andaman and Nicobar Islands In September
Mumbai based auto manufacturer, Mahindra & Mahindra has upgraded its diesel engine offerings of the Mahindra XUV300 BS6 compact SUV. The new upgraded models feature a starting price of Rs 8.69 lakh, ex-showroom, India.
The biggest change that the company has brought to the XUV300 BS6 models is the exclusion of the W8 AMT trim. An automatic transmission is now available only of the SUVs W6 trim, and the top-of-the-line W8(O) trim.
According to Mahindra, the now BS6 compliant 1.5-litre diesel engine produces 115 brake horsepower, as compared to the 117 brake horsepower that BS4 compliant models produced. Torque figures remain the same at 300Nm. Transmission options include a six-speed manual and automatic gearboxes.
The company hasn't revealed if they have brought any changes to the features and equipment on the BS6 compliant Mahindra XUV300 BS6 models, and we expect that the SUV will continue to feature a dual-tone cabin, a seven-inch touchscreen infotainment system, and all the other features that are present on the BS4 compliant models.
With the upgrade of the diesel engine that is featured on the Mahindra XUV300, the company's entire range of XUV300 models are now BS6 compliant. The company upgraded the petrol engines on the SUV last year.
Mahindra had showcased a more powerful XUV300 Sportz iteration of the SUV at the recent Auto Expo. The Sports variant featured the brands new Gasoline Direct Injection, 1.2-litre turbo-petrol engine from the company's mStallion family of engines.
The engine produces 130 brake horsepower and 230Nm of torque - an increase of 20 brake horsepower and 30Nm from the current petrol engines featured on the XUV300. The Sportz variant will be available along with the other BS6 compliant petrol variants at some point next month.
The Mahindra XUV300 is available in seven BS6 complaint variants and the vehicle are priced between Rs 8.69 lakh and Rs 12.69 lakh, ex-showroom, India. There is no increase in pricing because of the BS6 upgrades. The XUV300 competes with the Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza, the Hyundai Venue, the Tata Nexon, and the Ford EcoSport.
Thoughts About The Diesel Engine Upgraded On The Mahindra XUV300
First off, hats off to Mahindra for managing to keep prices the same. Mahindra could have possibly used a NOx trap system to keep upgrade costs to a minimum. But either way, we think consumers will be happy about the prices.