- 5 min ago Best-Selling Cars In India For February 2021: Maruti Suzuki Continues To Dominate Sales Charts Yet Again!
- 16 hrs ago BMW M340i xDrive Review (First Drive): The First Locally Assembled 'M' Car
- 18 hrs ago Renault Kiger Compact-SUV Sales Figures For February 2021: Outsells Nissan Magnite & Ford EcoSport
- 20 hrs ago Isuzu D-Max Regular Cab & S-Cab Prices To Be Hiked From 1 April: Here Is The New Price List!
- Movies International Women's Day 2021: Throwback To TV's Most Powerful Queens In GOT, The Witcher & More
- News UP first state to vaccinate over 20 lakh people
- Sports Doha feels like home – Kvitova after winning second Qatar Open title
- Education XLRI Sets Up A Centre For Gender Equality And Inclusive Leadership At Delhi-NCR Campus
- Technology Reliance Jio And Airtel Set Up 5G Towers In India: Ookla 5G Map
- Lifestyle Maha Shivratri 2021: Some Mythological Stories Of Lord Shiva That You Need To Know
- Finance NPS vs Other Tax Saving Investments: Where A Tax Saver Should Invest?
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Nagaland In March
Mahindra has announced that the all-new Thar off-roader SUV has registered over 15,000 units of bookings in India since its launch. The company also stated that of the total bookings received, 57% of them came from first-time buyers of the Thar. They even went on to state that most of the customers who booked the off-roader preferred the automatic variants on offer.
The company introduced the latest-generation Thar SUV in the Indian market on the 2nd of October 2020 and is offered with a price tag starting at Rs 9.80 lakh, ex-showroom (Delhi). Of the total bookings received till date, Mahindra had reported that 9000 units of them came within the first three days of its launch.
The new Mahindra Thar has been one of the most-anticipated SUVs in the country for a while now. The off-roader was initially expected to launch earlier, however, the COVID-19 pandemic and the lockdown delayed these plans. The latest-generation Thar was finally unveiled on 15th August, before going on sale earlier this month.
Veejay Nakra, Chief Executive Officer, Automotive Division, Mahindra & Mahindra Ltd. said,
"We are delighted with this overwhelming response received for the All-New Thar, having crossed 15,000 bookings as on date. What is particularly interesting is that there is an acceptance of the All-New Thar amongst a larger base of lifestyle seekers, beyond the traditional lovers of this iconic brand. Given this overwhelming response, we are substantially ramping up our capacity"
Mahindra has already announced that the deliveries for the new Thar SUV will begin only from the 1st of November 2020. With deliveries yet to start, customers of the new Thar could see themselves waiting for quite a while for their SUV to arrive.
The Mahindra Thar is offered in two trim-levels: AX and LX. While the Thar AX variants are targeted towards the off-road enthusiasts, the LX is more of a lifestyle-oriented road-going version of the SUV.
The new Thar SUV is powered by a new petrol engine, while also carrying forward the brand's existing diesel unit. These come in the form of a 2.0-litre T-GDi petrol unit, producing 150bhp and 320Nm of peak torque.
The diesel version is powered by a 2.2-litre mHawk engine churning out 130bhp and 300Nm of torque. Both engines are mated to a standard six-speed manual gearbox with the optional torque-converter automatic also on offer.
Thoughts On The New Mahindra Thar Bookings Milestone
The all-new Mahindra Thar seems to have gotten off to an extremely positive start in the Indian market. Mahindra will be hoping to carry forward this momentum into the upcoming festive season and possibly even improve their numbers as well.