- 6 hrs ago Top-Selling Bikes In India (May 2021): Hero Splendor & Hero HF Deluxe Take Top Two Spots
- 10 hrs ago Fast & Furious Toyota Supra Auctioned For Rs 4.07 Crore; Becomes Most-Expensive Supra
- 15 hrs ago Yamaha FZ-X Accessories Price List: Order Official Factory-Fitted Parts Online
- 17 hrs ago Skoda Kushaq India Launch: 1.5-litre Variant To Arrive In August — Details
- Technology Last Week Most Trending Smartphones: OnePlus Nord CE 5G, Poco X3 Pro, Honor 50 Pro, Redmi Note 10 Pro And More
- News Punjab Cong infighting: Amarinder Singh in Delhi for another round of talks with AICC panel
- Movies Beast Second Look Out: Thalapathy Vijay's Deadly Look Is A Perfect Birthday Treat For Fans
- Sports Euro 2020: North Macedonia 0-3 Netherlands: Depay, Wijnaldum on fire as classy Oranje make history in easy win
- Finance These Nifty Stocks Gave The Highest Dividend In FY21
- Education Bihar STET Result 2021 For Urdu, Sanskrit And Science Released At bsebstet2019.in
- Lifestyle Swara Bhasker Flaunts A Pink Chikankari Kurta Set; Perfect For Stay-At-Home Festive Occasions
- Travel Best Places To Visit In South India In August
Mahindra has announced that the all-new Thar off-roader SUV has registered over 15,000 units of bookings in India since its launch. The company also stated that of the total bookings received, 57% of them came from first-time buyers of the Thar. They even went on to state that most of the customers who booked the off-roader preferred the automatic variants on offer.
The company introduced the latest-generation Thar SUV in the Indian market on the 2nd of October 2020 and is offered with a price tag starting at Rs 9.80 lakh, ex-showroom (Delhi). Of the total bookings received till date, Mahindra had reported that 9000 units of them came within the first three days of its launch.
The new Mahindra Thar has been one of the most-anticipated SUVs in the country for a while now. The off-roader was initially expected to launch earlier, however, the COVID-19 pandemic and the lockdown delayed these plans. The latest-generation Thar was finally unveiled on 15th August, before going on sale earlier this month.
Veejay Nakra, Chief Executive Officer, Automotive Division, Mahindra & Mahindra Ltd. said,
"We are delighted with this overwhelming response received for the All-New Thar, having crossed 15,000 bookings as on date. What is particularly interesting is that there is an acceptance of the All-New Thar amongst a larger base of lifestyle seekers, beyond the traditional lovers of this iconic brand. Given this overwhelming response, we are substantially ramping up our capacity"
Mahindra has already announced that the deliveries for the new Thar SUV will begin only from the 1st of November 2020. With deliveries yet to start, customers of the new Thar could see themselves waiting for quite a while for their SUV to arrive.
The Mahindra Thar is offered in two trim-levels: AX and LX. While the Thar AX variants are targeted towards the off-road enthusiasts, the LX is more of a lifestyle-oriented road-going version of the SUV.
The new Thar SUV is powered by a new petrol engine, while also carrying forward the brand's existing diesel unit. These come in the form of a 2.0-litre T-GDi petrol unit, producing 150bhp and 320Nm of peak torque.
The diesel version is powered by a 2.2-litre mHawk engine churning out 130bhp and 300Nm of torque. Both engines are mated to a standard six-speed manual gearbox with the optional torque-converter automatic also on offer.
Thoughts On The New Mahindra Thar Bookings Milestone
The all-new Mahindra Thar seems to have gotten off to an extremely positive start in the Indian market. Mahindra will be hoping to carry forward this momentum into the upcoming festive season and possibly even improve their numbers as well.