- 8 hrs ago Best-Selling Cars In India For February 2021: Maruti Suzuki Continues To Dominate Sales Charts Yet Again!
- 1 day ago BMW M340i xDrive Review (First Drive): The First Locally Assembled 'M' Car
- 1 day ago Renault Kiger Compact-SUV Sales Figures For February 2021: Outsells Nissan Magnite & Ford EcoSport
- 1 day ago Isuzu D-Max Regular Cab & S-Cab Prices To Be Hiked From 1 April: Here Is The New Price List!
- Sports PBKS IPL 2021 Time Table: Punjab Kings Full Schedule, Dates, Timings, Venues
- Lifestyle Women’s Day 2021: Common Health Issues That Affect Women From Their 20s To 60s
- News Mamata asks Hemant Soren to campaign for her in WB polls; JMM to decide on it
- Education UP Police Jail Warder Result 2021 Declared At uppbpb.gov.in
- Movies Mithun Chakraborty All Set To Join BJP During PM Narendra Modi’s Kolkata Rally
- Technology Reliance Jio And Airtel Set Up 5G Towers In India: Ookla 5G Map
- Finance NPS vs Other Tax Saving Investments: Where A Tax Saver Should Invest?
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Nagaland In March
Mahindra & Mahindra introduced the new Thar SUV in th Indian market earlier this year. Initially, the new Mahindra Thar was offered in a range of variants, offered with a starting price of Rs 9.80 lakh, ex-showroom (Delhi).
However, Mahindra now seems to have silently removed the base AX Std, AX Petrol and SX Diesel variants of the Thar from their website. With the removal of the three base variants, the entry-level price for the new Mahindra Thar now stands at Rs 11.90 lakh, ex-showroom (Delhi).
All three variants which have been discontinued came with basic steel wheels, side-facing four-seater configuration, manual transmission and a soft-top roof. The entry-level trim for the SUV is now the Thar AX (O), which has a convertible roof; among other features on offer.
Mahindra, however, is yet to confirm the exact reason why the three base variants have been removed from the SUV's lineup. Apart from the slight variant re-shuffle though, no other changes have been made to the Mahindra Thar.
The new Mahindra Thar continues to be powered by a 2.0-litre turbo-petrol engine producing 150bhp and 320Nm of peak torque. There is also a 2.2-litre mHawk diesel unit, churning out 130bhp and 300Nm of peak torque. Both engines are mated to either a six-speed manual or an optional automatic gearbox.
The new Mahindra Thar also features a host of added features, equipment and technology, over its predecessor. Some of the new features on the second-generation Thar include LED DRLs, LED tail lights, stylish alloy wheels, 7-inch touchscreen infotainment system, semi-digital instrument cluster, automatic climate control, cruise control, steering-mounted control and many others.
In terms of off-road capabilities, the new Mahindra Thar now comes with an on-demand 4x4, with a manual-shift transfer case. The SUV comes a water-wading depth of 650mm. It also has an approach and departure angle of 47mm and 37mm, respectively.
Thoughts On The New Mahindra Thar Base Variant Removed
The new Mahindra Thar has gotten off to a flying start in the Indian market, receiving over 20,000 bookings since its launch. The new Thar now has a waiting period of over 7 months.