- 6 hrs ago Top-Selling Bikes In India (May 2021): Hero Splendor & Hero HF Deluxe Take Top Two Spots
- 10 hrs ago Fast & Furious Toyota Supra Auctioned For Rs 4.07 Crore; Becomes Most-Expensive Supra
- 15 hrs ago Yamaha FZ-X Accessories Price List: Order Official Factory-Fitted Parts Online
- 17 hrs ago Skoda Kushaq India Launch: 1.5-litre Variant To Arrive In August — Details
- Technology Last Week Most Trending Smartphones: OnePlus Nord CE 5G, Poco X3 Pro, Honor 50 Pro, Redmi Note 10 Pro And More
- News Punjab Cong infighting: Amarinder Singh in Delhi for another round of talks with AICC panel
- Movies Beast Second Look Out: Thalapathy Vijay's Deadly Look Is A Perfect Birthday Treat For Fans
- Sports Euro 2020: North Macedonia 0-3 Netherlands: Depay, Wijnaldum on fire as classy Oranje make history in easy win
- Finance These Nifty Stocks Gave The Highest Dividend In FY21
- Education Bihar STET Result 2021 For Urdu, Sanskrit And Science Released At bsebstet2019.in
- Lifestyle Swara Bhasker Flaunts A Pink Chikankari Kurta Set; Perfect For Stay-At-Home Festive Occasions
- Travel Best Places To Visit In South India In August
Mahindra & Mahindra introduced the new Thar SUV in th Indian market earlier this year. Initially, the new Mahindra Thar was offered in a range of variants, offered with a starting price of Rs 9.80 lakh, ex-showroom (Delhi).
However, Mahindra now seems to have silently removed the base AX Std, AX Petrol and SX Diesel variants of the Thar from their website. With the removal of the three base variants, the entry-level price for the new Mahindra Thar now stands at Rs 11.90 lakh, ex-showroom (Delhi).
All three variants which have been discontinued came with basic steel wheels, side-facing four-seater configuration, manual transmission and a soft-top roof. The entry-level trim for the SUV is now the Thar AX (O), which has a convertible roof; among other features on offer.
Mahindra, however, is yet to confirm the exact reason why the three base variants have been removed from the SUV's lineup. Apart from the slight variant re-shuffle though, no other changes have been made to the Mahindra Thar.
The new Mahindra Thar continues to be powered by a 2.0-litre turbo-petrol engine producing 150bhp and 320Nm of peak torque. There is also a 2.2-litre mHawk diesel unit, churning out 130bhp and 300Nm of peak torque. Both engines are mated to either a six-speed manual or an optional automatic gearbox.
The new Mahindra Thar also features a host of added features, equipment and technology, over its predecessor. Some of the new features on the second-generation Thar include LED DRLs, LED tail lights, stylish alloy wheels, 7-inch touchscreen infotainment system, semi-digital instrument cluster, automatic climate control, cruise control, steering-mounted control and many others.
In terms of off-road capabilities, the new Mahindra Thar now comes with an on-demand 4x4, with a manual-shift transfer case. The SUV comes a water-wading depth of 650mm. It also has an approach and departure angle of 47mm and 37mm, respectively.
Thoughts On The New Mahindra Thar Base Variant Removed
The new Mahindra Thar has gotten off to a flying start in the Indian market, receiving over 20,000 bookings since its launch. The new Thar now has a waiting period of over 7 months.