- 23 min ago Window Tint Transparency & IND Number Plate Confusion Cleared: Confirmed By Government Officials
- 28 min ago BMW X5 M Competition Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 1.94 Crore
- 1 hr ago Toyota Innova Crysta New Vs Old Comparison: A Brief Look At What’s Changed!
- 2 hrs ago Nissan Service Hub Introduced Ahead Of Magnite Launch In India: Here Are All Details
- Movies Phantom: Kiccha Sudeep And Team Head To Kerala For The Next Schedule?
- News Explained: What is Constitution Day? what was November 26 observed as before 2015?
- Sports UFC Vegas 15: Blaydes vs. Lewis fight card, date, time in India and where to watch
- Technology Xiaomi Black Friday Sale In India On Redmi Smartphones, Earphones, More
- Finance Future Retail Hits 5% Lower Circuit After SIAC Rejects Plea
- Education NIOS Starts Registration For October 2020 Board Exams, Check Fee Details
- Lifestyle Sana Khan’s Beautiful Pictures From Her Mehendi Ceremony In Orange & Pink Suit Will Melt Your Heart
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Kerala In December
Mahindra & Mahindra introduced the new Thar SUV in th Indian market earlier this year. Initially, the new Mahindra Thar was offered in a range of variants, offered with a starting price of Rs 9.80 lakh, ex-showroom (Delhi).
However, Mahindra now seems to have silently removed the base AX Std, AX Petrol and SX Diesel variants of the Thar from their website. With the removal of the three base variants, the entry-level price for the new Mahindra Thar now stands at Rs 11.90 lakh, ex-showroom (Delhi).
All three variants which have been discontinued came with basic steel wheels, side-facing four-seater configuration, manual transmission and a soft-top roof. The entry-level trim for the SUV is now the Thar AX (O), which has a convertible roof; among other features on offer.
Mahindra, however, is yet to confirm the exact reason why the three base variants have been removed from the SUV's lineup. Apart from the slight variant re-shuffle though, no other changes have been made to the Mahindra Thar.
The new Mahindra Thar continues to be powered by a 2.0-litre turbo-petrol engine producing 150bhp and 320Nm of peak torque. There is also a 2.2-litre mHawk diesel unit, churning out 130bhp and 300Nm of peak torque. Both engines are mated to either a six-speed manual or an optional automatic gearbox.
The new Mahindra Thar also features a host of added features, equipment and technology, over its predecessor. Some of the new features on the second-generation Thar include LED DRLs, LED tail lights, stylish alloy wheels, 7-inch touchscreen infotainment system, semi-digital instrument cluster, automatic climate control, cruise control, steering-mounted control and many others.
In terms of off-road capabilities, the new Mahindra Thar now comes with an on-demand 4x4, with a manual-shift transfer case. The SUV comes a water-wading depth of 650mm. It also has an approach and departure angle of 47mm and 37mm, respectively.
Thoughts On The New Mahindra Thar Base Variant Removed
The new Mahindra Thar has gotten off to a flying start in the Indian market, receiving over 20,000 bookings since its launch. The new Thar now has a waiting period of over 7 months.