- 50 min ago Audi Releases Second Teaser For RS7 Sportback Ahead Of 16 July Launch
- 1 hr ago Mahindra Mojo BS6 Model Launching Soon: Brand Releases Teaser Via Social Media
- 2 hrs ago Toyota Innova Crysta CNG Spied Testing Ahead Of India Launch Later This Year: Spy Pics & Details
- 2 hrs ago Mahindra Announces Delay in Launches Of New XUV500 And New Thar: Details
- Movies Nithya Menen Rubbishes Rumours Of Declining Karnam Malleshwari Biopic Offer
- News CBSE Class 12 Result 2020 out: No merit list; 88.78% pass, girls outshine boys again this year
- Finance Clariant Chemicals Zooms 18% On Interim Dividend Of 1400%
- Lifestyle Naagin Actress Surbhi Jyoti Exudes Diva Vibes In A Heavily Embellished Peach Orange Bridal Lehenga
- Sports WWE Monday Night Raw preview and schedule: July 13, 2020
- Technology 5G Push: Reliance Jio To Get Rs. 730 Crore From Qualcomm For 0.15% Stake
- Travel 10 Incredible Places To Visit In Rajasthan In July
- Education USA To Withdraw Student Visas If Classes Move Fully Online
Mahindra has launched the BS6 Supro Ambulance in the Indian market. The new Mahindra Supro Ambulance is offered in two variants: LX and ZX and is priced at Rs 6.94 lakh, ex-showroom (Mumbai).
The Mahindra Ambulance has been developed in-house and is based on the BS6-compliant Supro van from the brand's commercial vehicle lineup. The Supro now comes the highest range of body styles and engine options in the country, catering for different requirements.
The first batch of the Mahindra Supro ambulance will be manufactured exclusively for the Maharashtra government. The government had requested Mahindra to ramp up production to meet the requirement for ambulances in the state to fight against the COVID-19 pandemic. Mahindra already supplied 12 Supro Ambulances in Mumbai recently — here are the details.
Talking about the Mahindra Supro Ambulance, the van comes factory-fitted with all the essential medical equipment. This includes a foldable stretcher, medical kit box, oxygen cylinder, fire extinguisher, flame-resistant interiors, internal lighting among others. The exteriors of the Supro Ambulance comes with AIS 125 certified retro-reflective decals, frosted windows, siren and beacon light.
The Mahindra Supro Ambulance is powered by a two-cylinder BS6-diesel engine, producing 47bhp and 100Nm of peak torque. The Supro Ambulance also comes with compact dimensions measuring 3798mm in length, 1540mm in width and 1922mm in height. This allows it to pass through traffic and Indian road conditions with more ease, allowing patients faster access to critical care.
According to Veejay Nakra, CEO - Automotive Division, M&M Ltd.
"As a caring and responsible corporate citizen, Mahindra wants to enable people to rise by driving positive change in their lives. The launch of Supro Ambulance to support medical caretakers to move people safely and in time is a clear testimony of this philosophy."
"This is one more step by Mahindra to fight the pandemic, in addition to the manufacturing of face shields, ventilators and sanitizers."
Nakra further added, "We are delighted to partner the Government of Maharashtra in their efforts to fight the pandemic. The first batch of 12 vehicles have been produced in record time and delivered to them already."
"Several other Government organizations, NGOs and Corporates have also shown an active interest in procuring the Supro Ambulance. Hence, we are quickly ramping up the capacity to add this growing demand. This is the most affordable solution fitted with all necessary equipment and complying to all norms."
Thoughts About The Mahindra Supro Ambulance Launched In India
Mahindra has been on the frontline in terms of offering its support in any way possible to help fight the COVID-19 pandemic in the country. The introduction of the Supro ambulance is yet another step taken by Mahindra towards the fight against the pandemic.