- 11 hrs ago Skoda Kushaq Deliveries To Begin In August; India Launch On 28 June, 2021
- 16 hrs ago 2021 BMW 5 Series India Launch Price At Rs 62.90 Lakh: 620Nm, New iDrive & MSport Variant Available
- 19 hrs ago Hero Bikes & Scooters Price Hike Announced: New Prices Effective From July 2021
- 1 day ago Volvo India Introduces Subscription Plans — Here’s How You Can Subscribe To A Volvo Car In India
- Movies Will Keep Sushant Singh Rajput Death Issue Alive, Says His Friend Aneesha Madhok Exclusive
- Technology Flipkart And Amazon OnePlus Community Sale 2021: Discounts On Oneplus Smartphones, Accessories, And More
- News Bihar STET candidate’s admit card with Malayalam actress photograph goes viral
- Sports Ishant Sharma gets stitches on his right hand
- Education IIT Delhi Introduces New Postgraduate Programme ‘Master of Public Policy’
- Lifestyle 6 Reasons Why Cheating On Your Partner Is A Big NO!
- Finance Bank of England Keeps UK Interest Rates At Record Low Of 0.1 Percent
- Travel Best Places To Visit In Karnataka In July
The COVID-19 pandemic has struck the globe hard. In fact, India has been in a complete lockdown over the last few days. The country is facing a shortage of personal protective equipment (PPE), such as masks, gloves, and coveralls for healthcare professionals who are working on the front line.
Currently the Government is planning to arrange more PPEs domestically, and is also looking at importing equipment from other countries as well. However, to resolve the deadly CoronaVirus pandemic, auto maker Mahindra & Mahindra has begun the assembly of face shields that will help the medical practitioners against the fast spreading infection by a great deal.
The shields are being assembled at the company's manufacturing facility in Kandivali, Mumbai. Initially 500 of these shields will be made every day after which the numbers will increase. Anand Mahindra, Chairman of the group also shared this information via his official Twitter handle.
In a tweet, Dr Pawan Goenka, Managing Director, Mahindra & Mahindra, stated, "With a design sourced from our partner Ford Motor, we are now ready to make this Face Shield for use of medical service providers. Targeting to make 500 on Monday and then ramp up."
So, what exactly is this shield made up of? The shield carries a simple design and is sourced from Ford, a Mahindra partner in India. It consists of a headband, a forehead cushion, and a sheet of plastic that would cover the entire face of the medical personnel.
In a latest tweet, Vijay Kalra, CEO, Mahindra Vehicle Manufacturers Ltd & Chief Manufacturing Operation, Automotive Sector, M&M, stated that one of the canteens has been converted into a face shield assembly shop. "Material started pouring in, delivery from today."
Thoughts On The Protective Shield By M&M
With the serious shortage of protective gear for frontline healthcare workers amid the pandemic, providing face shields is a very good initiative. Not to mention, the effectiveness of the initiative will depend on the implementation, the product has to reach where it is required and on time.