- 6 hrs ago Excess Fuel Filled At Petrol Pumps: Most Times It’s Because Of The Vehicle
- 7 hrs ago Best-Selling Cars In India In June 2020: Maruti Alto Regains Top Slot As Seltos Closes In On Creta
- 8 hrs ago Bajaj Auto Sales Figures For June 2020: Brand Registers 31 Percent Decline In Demand
- 8 hrs ago Nissan Ariya Electric Vehicle To Be Globally Unveiled On 15 July
- Movies Dil Bechara Actress Sanjana Sanghi Clarifies She Was Not Saying Goodbye To Mumbai With Her Post
- Sports Sheffield United 3-1 Tottenham: Berge and Mousset sink Spurs amid VAR controversy
- News Delhi plasma bank: Ten people donate plasma on Day 1; three recipients
- Finance IDBI Bank Enters Rs. 50000 Cr Market-Cap Club;Ranks Ahead Of PNB, IndusInd Bank
- Technology Vivo S1 Pro Gets Rs. 1,000 Price Cut In India; Checkout New Price Here
- Lifestyle 10 Tips To Keep Your Vagina Healthy
- Travel 10 Incredibly Scenic Places To Visit In South India In July 2020
- Education IIT Madras Launches World’s First Online BSc Degree In Programming And Data Science
The COVID-19 pandemic has struck the globe hard. In fact, India has been in a complete lockdown over the last few days. The country is facing a shortage of personal protective equipment (PPE), such as masks, gloves, and coveralls for healthcare professionals who are working on the front line.
Currently the Government is planning to arrange more PPEs domestically, and is also looking at importing equipment from other countries as well. However, to resolve the deadly CoronaVirus pandemic, auto maker Mahindra & Mahindra has begun the assembly of face shields that will help the medical practitioners against the fast spreading infection by a great deal.
The shields are being assembled at the company's manufacturing facility in Kandivali, Mumbai. Initially 500 of these shields will be made every day after which the numbers will increase. Anand Mahindra, Chairman of the group also shared this information via his official Twitter handle.
In a tweet, Dr Pawan Goenka, Managing Director, Mahindra & Mahindra, stated, "With a design sourced from our partner Ford Motor, we are now ready to make this Face Shield for use of medical service providers. Targeting to make 500 on Monday and then ramp up."
So, what exactly is this shield made up of? The shield carries a simple design and is sourced from Ford, a Mahindra partner in India. It consists of a headband, a forehead cushion, and a sheet of plastic that would cover the entire face of the medical personnel.
In a latest tweet, Vijay Kalra, CEO, Mahindra Vehicle Manufacturers Ltd & Chief Manufacturing Operation, Automotive Sector, M&M, stated that one of the canteens has been converted into a face shield assembly shop. "Material started pouring in, delivery from today."
Thoughts On The Protective Shield By M&M
With the serious shortage of protective gear for frontline healthcare workers amid the pandemic, providing face shields is a very good initiative. Not to mention, the effectiveness of the initiative will depend on the implementation, the product has to reach where it is required and on time.