- 15 hrs ago MG Hector & Hector Plus Prices Increase In April — Third Price Hike In 2021
- 1 day ago KTM RC 390 Discontinued In India & Removed From Website: Next-Gen Coming Soon
- 1 day ago Bajaj Platina & CT Motorcycle Line-Up Receives Second Price Hike This Year: Here’s The New Price List
- 1 day ago 2021 Benelli 302R Revealed Ahead Of Launch: Features New Design & Lesser Weight
- Sports IPL 2021: Been playing spin since childhood, so in a way, it's in my blood: Player-of-the-match Nitish Rana
- Movies Abhishek Bachchan Praises Aishwarya Rai Bachchan For Teaching Aaradhya 'What It Means To Be A Bachchan'
- News More Cooch Behar-like killings possible if 'naughty boys' try to take law into their hands, says Dilip Ghosh
- Finance Jana Small Finance Bank Revises Fixed Deposit Interest Rates: Check Latest Rates Here
- Lifestyle Baisakhi 2021: The Story Behind Celebrating This Festival
- Technology Redmi Gaming Smartphone With Dimensity 1200 SoC Launch Tipped For This Month
- Education NEET PG 2021 On April 18, Check COVID-19 Guidelines For Exam Day
- Travel Best Places To Visit In Uttarakhand In April 2021
Mahindra will be launching a new-generation model of the Scorpio SUV sometime next year in the Indian market. Ahead of its launch, the company has registered a couple of names for the upcoming new-generation SUV.
The latest name to be registered by the brand is ‘ScorpioN', which could be a performance variant of the upcoming new-gen SUV model. The ScorpioN could feature a powerful turbo-petrol and turbo-diesel engine options. Transmission options could include both automatic and manual units with both engines.
In addition to the ScorpioN, the company has also registered the name Sting for its workhorse. The Sting and the N could be something similar to the AX and LX variants of the Thar catering to enthusiasts and general SUV buyers in the country. The company is yet to make an official statement on both names registered in the country for the 2021 Scorpio SUV.
The 2021 Mahindra Scorpio is expected to features huge upgrades over the outgoing model. It is also expected to be bigger than the current-gen model making for improved cabin space. Other updates on the SUV include an all-new front fascia with a wider grille, restyled LED headlamps with integrated DRLs, reworked bumper and more.
The rear of the SUV is also expected to undergo design changes starting with a new LED taillamp design, bumper and a redesigned tailgate; among others. The side profile of the SUV will also be new because of a bigger footprint and is also expected to feature a new alloy design.
On the inside, the current-gen Mahindra Scorpio was recently updated with a new infotainment display that supports Android Auto and Apple CarPlay technology. However, in the new-gen model, we could expect a much larger unit with some form of connected technology. Also, the bigger footprint of the SUV is expected to make for more space on the third-row, which could be offered with forward-facing seats.
The next-gen Scorpio is likely to be offered with a petrol and diesel engine options borrowed from the new-gen Mahindra This includes the 2.0-litre T-GDi turbo petrol unit and the 2.2-litre ‘mHawk' diesel unit. Both engines will come with a manual gearbox as standard. However, the company could offer the Scorpio with an optional automatic adding to the list of convenient features of the new-gen SUV.
Thoughts About The Mahindra ScorpioN Name Registered In India
The Mahindra ScorpioN could be the top-spec variant of the upcoming next-gen model of the SUV. The next-generation Scorpio will be upgraded inside and out to provide a more premium look and feel of the SUV. The 2021 Scorpio could become another urban SUV offering from the brand with three-row seating.