- 1 min ago Tata Altroz i-Turbo Petrol Review (First Drive): The Gold Standard For A Sporty Premium Hatchbacks?
- 14 hrs ago MG ZS Petrol Interiors Spied Ahead Of India Launch Expected Soon: SPy Pics & Details
- 18 hrs ago Maruti Suzuki Car Prices Hiked By Up To Rs 34,000: Here Are The New Prices!
- 19 hrs ago TVS XL100 Winner Edition Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 49,599
- Lifestyle Neha Dhupia Keeps It Bold And Beautiful In Her Stunning Red Maxi Dress
- Technology Realme X9 Teased By Company Executive; Could Be Rebranded V15 5G
- News UN assists India's mammoth COVID-19 vaccine rollout on Jan 16
- Movies Did Pahlaj Nihalani Just Confirm That Varun Dhawan And Natasha Dalal Are Getting Married This Weekend?
- Finance Gold Price Top Rs. 49000/10 Gm After US Treasury Secretary Advocates Higher US Stimulus
- Education HTET Result 2021: Check BSEH HTET Result 2020 Date And Iris Biometric Candidate List
- Sports Tiger Woods undergoes fifth back surgery
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Uttarakhand In January 2021
Mahindra will be launching a new-generation model of the Scorpio SUV sometime next year in the Indian market. Ahead of its launch, the company has registered a couple of names for the upcoming new-generation SUV.
The latest name to be registered by the brand is ‘ScorpioN', which could be a performance variant of the upcoming new-gen SUV model. The ScorpioN could feature a powerful turbo-petrol and turbo-diesel engine options. Transmission options could include both automatic and manual units with both engines.
In addition to the ScorpioN, the company has also registered the name Sting for its workhorse. The Sting and the N could be something similar to the AX and LX variants of the Thar catering to enthusiasts and general SUV buyers in the country. The company is yet to make an official statement on both names registered in the country for the 2021 Scorpio SUV.
The 2021 Mahindra Scorpio is expected to features huge upgrades over the outgoing model. It is also expected to be bigger than the current-gen model making for improved cabin space. Other updates on the SUV include an all-new front fascia with a wider grille, restyled LED headlamps with integrated DRLs, reworked bumper and more.
The rear of the SUV is also expected to undergo design changes starting with a new LED taillamp design, bumper and a redesigned tailgate; among others. The side profile of the SUV will also be new because of a bigger footprint and is also expected to feature a new alloy design.
On the inside, the current-gen Mahindra Scorpio was recently updated with a new infotainment display that supports Android Auto and Apple CarPlay technology. However, in the new-gen model, we could expect a much larger unit with some form of connected technology. Also, the bigger footprint of the SUV is expected to make for more space on the third-row, which could be offered with forward-facing seats.
The next-gen Scorpio is likely to be offered with a petrol and diesel engine options borrowed from the new-gen Mahindra This includes the 2.0-litre T-GDi turbo petrol unit and the 2.2-litre ‘mHawk' diesel unit. Both engines will come with a manual gearbox as standard. However, the company could offer the Scorpio with an optional automatic adding to the list of convenient features of the new-gen SUV.
Thoughts About The Mahindra ScorpioN Name Registered In India
The Mahindra ScorpioN could be the top-spec variant of the upcoming next-gen model of the SUV. The next-generation Scorpio will be upgraded inside and out to provide a more premium look and feel of the SUV. The 2021 Scorpio could become another urban SUV offering from the brand with three-row seating.