- 2 hrs ago HRC Sign Pol Espargaro For 2021: Alex Marquez Moved To LCR Honda With 2-Year Contract Extension
- 4 hrs ago Kia Sonet World Premiere To Be Held In India Next Month: Here Are All The Details
- 5 hrs ago Honda Introduces ‘Unused Vehicle’ Campaign For Unsold BS4 Two Wheelers
- 9 hrs ago Bajaj Announces Second Price Hike For Select Models After BS6 Update: Here Is The New Price List
- Movies Mammootty's The Priest: The Team Makes A Major Announcement!
- Sports 30 former South Africa cricketers issue statement supporting Black Lives Matter movement
- News Sanjay Jha suspended from Congress for 'anti-party activities
- Technology OnePlus Nord To Feature 105-Degree Wide-Angle Selfie Camera; Company Confirms
- Lifestyle 9 Effective Home Remedies To Whiten Dark Feet
- Finance Walmart Raises Stake In Flipkart
- Travel 10 Incredible Places To Visit In Rajasthan In July
- Education USA To Withdraw Student Visas If Classes Move Fully Online
The Mahindra Scorpio has been one of India's all-time best selling SUVs right from the time of its inception since 2002. Over the years, the SUV has gone through a lot of changes and recently Mahindra & Mahindra has revealed the technical specifications of the BS6 compliant Scorpio on the company website.
There are no cosmetic updates done to the SUV as far as the exterior of the car is concerned. However, there are some changes made to the variants on offer in the line-up such as the SUV now does not get the automatic and four-wheel drive variants. The BS6 Scorpio will now be available in four variants - S5, S7, S9 and S11.
Speaking of the interiors, the BS6 Scorpio will be getting various seating options. The S5 will be available as a 7 or a 9-seater, while the S7 and S11 variants will be either a 7 or an 8-seaters. Also, the S11 gets the option of captain seats in the second row and a front-facing third row.
As far as the feature list goes, the top-spec S11 variant will be equipped with alloy wheels, a 7.0-inch touchscreen with navigation, auto climate control, reverse camera, faux leather upholstery, cruise control and puddle lamps. On the other hand, the entry-level Scorpio, S5 variant, will be equipped with dual front airbags, ABS, air conditioning, front seat belt reminders, rear parking sensors, and Mahindra's micro-hybrid technology.
Mechanically, the BS6 Mahindra Scorpio will continue to draw power from the same tried and tested 2.2-litre, mHawk, diesel engine. The engine is capable of producing 138bhp of power and 320Nm of peak torque. The unit will be mated to a 5-speed manual gearbox (only on the S5) and a 6-speed manual gearbox for the rest of the trims. The Scorpio was previously also offered with a 6-speed torque converter, which is no longer available.
Thoughts On The BS6 Mahindra Scorpio
Since 2002, the Mahindra Scorpio has proven to be a very versatile SUV that handles extremely well over different kinds of road conditions and with the BS6 update, the company will definitely see more and more sales figures in the near future.