- 17 hrs ago Top Car News Of The Week: Here Are Some Of The Highlights From The Auto Industry Last Week
- 18 hrs ago Top Bike News Of The Week: BMW F 900 R, F 900 XR, Versys 1000, BattRE Scooters Launched & More
- 1 day ago Triumph Scrambler 1200 Bond Edition Revealed: Limited To 250 Units Worldwide
- 1 day ago Royal Enfield Hunter Spotted Testing Ahead Of India Launch: Spy Pics & Details
- Movies Vijay Sethupathi-Nayanthara-Samantha's Kaathuvaakula Rendu Kaadhal To Start Rolling In August?
- News As domestic flight ops resume, States issue SOPs for flyers
- Technology Reliance Jio Discontinues Rs. 98, Rs. 1,299 And Some Add-On Packs
- Sports Georgian tennis star Basilashvili charged with assaulting ex-wife
- Lifestyle What Are Mood Disorders? Its Types, Causes, Risk Factors, Diagnosis And Treatment
- Finance Markets Next Week: Watch For These Factors
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Jammu & Kashmir In May
- Education CBSE Cyber Safety Handbook For Students Classes 9 To 12
Mumbai based auto manufacturer, Mahindra, has begun accepting bookings for its Scorpio BS6 models, for an amount of RS 5,000. Bookings can be made via the company's website.
Customers are able to choose between four Mahindra Scorpio BS6 variants and are able to accessorise their vehicles with a host of options that include body hugging bumpers, a fog lamp garnish set, decals, alloy wheels, rear passenger entertainment, scuff plates, carpet mat sets and more.
The Mahindra Scorpio BS6 variants are powered by a 2.2-litre mHawk four-cylinder diesel engine that produces 140 brake horsepower and 320Nm of torque. The engine comes mated to a six-speed manual transmission.
The Scorpio BS6 variants feature a front grille with chrome inserts, projector headlamps with chrome bezels, body coloured ORVMs with integrated turn signal indicators,LED tail lamps, and 17-inch alloy wheels.
The interiors feature a height adjustable driver's seat, tilt steering, a multi-functional steering wheel, cruise control, automatic climate control, and a seven-inch touchscreen infotainment system.
The Scorpio BS6 models feature ABS with EBD, a panic brake indicator, dual airbags, a seat belt reminder alarm, an over-speeding alarm, speed sensing auto door lock, an SOS safety system, and a reverse parking camera with dynamic assist, among others.
The Mahindra Scorpio measures 4,456mm in length, 1,820mm in width (excluding ORVMs), 1,995 in height and has a wheelbase of 2,680mm. The SUV is available in four colour options - Napoli Black, Molten Red, Dsat Silver, and Pearl white (restricted to S9 and S11 variants).
The Mahindra Scorpio BS6 models are available in four variants - the S5, the S7, the S9, and the S11). The company still has to announce prices for the SUV, however, we expect the Scorpio to be priced starting at about roughly Rs 11.50 lakh, ex-showroom.
Once launched, the Scorpio BS6 models will compete with the Hyundai Creta, the Kia Seltos, the MG Hector, and the Tata Harrier.
Thoughts About Mahindra Opening Booking Of The Scorpio BS6 Models At Rs 5,000
We think opening bookings ahead of launch is a sure-shot way of guaranteeing sales. We expect that the Scorpio BS6 models will do as well as the out-going BS4 compliant models. Stay tuned, we'll bring you prices for the Mahindra Scorpio BS6 models as soon as we hear.