- 6 hrs ago Mahindra Trademarks XUV100, XUV400, XUV700 & XUV900 Names For Future SUVs
- 6 hrs ago 2021 TVS Apache RTR 160 4V Detailed Review — The Perfect Entry-Level Performance Motorcycle?
- 7 hrs ago Aprilia SXR 125 Prices Leaked Ahead Of India Launch: Here Are All The Details!
- 8 hrs ago FAME II Certification Validity Extended: Will It Benefit EV Market In India?
- Technology Amazon Smartphone Upgrade Days 2021: Discount Offers On Premium Mobiles
- Sports IPL 2021: Glenn Maxwell likens Royal Challengers Bangalore role to one at Australia
- Movies Dulquer Salmaan Turns Playback Singer For Hey Sinamika; Pictures Take Social Media By Storm!
- News Pakistan working on single-dose COVID-19 vaccine with China’s help: Official
- Finance How to find IFSC Code?
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Mizoram In April
- Education Karnataka: No Online Exams For Higher Classes, Says Dy CM Ashwath Narayan
- Lifestyle Pretty In Pink! Alaya F’s Shimmery Eye Lids And Matte Lips Make For The Perfect Makeup Look For Date Night!
Mahindra has given a new update to its Scorpio SUV model in the Indian market. The top-end variants of the rugged SUV now feature a new touchscreen infotainment system that supports Android Auto and Apple CarPlay technology.
The upgrade will be available on the S9 and S11 variants, the top-spec trims of the Scorpio range. These new features will be offered to the consumers without any additional price and will be part of the regular product upgrade.
According to the company, the new Android Auto and Apple CarPlay feature will help the drivers organise key information from their device. The entire process is presented in a user-friendly manner on the infotainment system's screen.
Additionally, the driver can access the device, via voice or steering-mounted controls, without taking their hands off the wheel. This minimizes distraction and allows the driver to focus on the road.
The company also claims that the tech upgrade is in-line with the modern era of connected motoring and is a great value addition. It will also create a safer & more convenient driving experience for customers.
The company has done no further upgrades to the SUV variants, apart from the updated infotainment system. The Scorpio top-spec variant also features automatic climate control, audio and cruise control button mounted on the steering wheel, a height-adjustable driver seat and more.
Mahindra has also given the rugged SUV a host of safety features with most of it as standard across all variants. It comes equipped with dual airbags, ABS with EBD, Engine Immobiliser, Anti-theft warning, Auto Door Lock and more.
The Scorpio is known for its rugged exterior looks and features an aggressive-looking front and rear bumper design. It also features projector headlamps with integrated LED DRLs, fog-lamps, roof-rails and all-around body-coloured cladding; among others.
Powering the Scorpio is a 2.2-litre mHawk diesel engine that makes 138bhp of power at 3,750rpm and a peak torque of 320Nm between 1,500rpm and 2,800rpm. This engine is mated to a 6-speed manual gearbox.
Mahindra Scorpio retails at a starting price of 11.97 lakh. The top-spec S9 and S11 costs Rs 14.59 lakh and 15.75 lakh, respectively. All prices mentioned are ex-showroom (Pune).
Thoughts About The Mahindra Scorpio Receiving New Touchscreen Infotainment System
Mahindra has updated the rugged Scorpio SUV to offer enhanced connectivity experience on its top-specs trims. However, the new update is coming at no extra cost, making it extremely desirable for potential buyers in the country.